Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Tyte4Door

Default wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too.

Well, i was driving not too long ago and it was very wet and i went to fast around a corner (5 mph over, wtf) and my crappy bald tires lost traction and i slid off the road and took out a bust stop (lol). but in the process severly fugged my car. Oh yeah, and like 5 days ago i was driving and some little high school ****, thought it would be funny to take the bungie cord holding my hood down off without my knowledge so my hood flew up and blinded me at 60 mph and smashed my windshield causing me another 268 dollars. I hope he prays at night that i dont find out who it was, i wont go into what i'll do to them, usually people get freaked out.

I had a busted radiator but my neighbhor gave me his old one for free (he has 2 eg's) and he said that if i bought him a new one he'll give me the new headlight that i already replaced and a new hood for free . yeah i'm definately on that. I am also gonna get a 2 door front bumper off him since mine broke and i dont like 4 door bumpers that much.

Anyhow i was wondering if you guys think this is worth hookin up. the radiator support is only 110 bucks and i'm gonna fix it anyways and take my A/C bullcrap out afterwords regardless. but should i persue my dreams of swapping this pile with a B18C??

Also sometimes after i drive it for a while i hear this really nasty noise almost like if you stick your finger in a fan or something and it does that whenever i left off the gas, but only after i've driven for a while. do you know wtf is wrong???

here's some picks of my trash can

Modified by Tyte4Door at 1:45 PM 11/4/2005
Old 10-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the hood for that
Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 AM
R.I.P.

Default Re: (jay-d-em)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jay-d-em &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the hood for that</TD></TR></TABLE>lol, well hes almost there then isnt he
Old 10-30-2005, 09:30 AM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda 3300)

Is there any frame damage? If there isnt and you can get replacement parts cheap then I guess go for it. I do not like Sedans though. To his own though
Old 10-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its worth fixing..your lucky u have a nice neighbor.. looks decent for a 4 door
Old 10-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (00EM1)

I don't think it's worth it. It's a shitty four-door with damage to the core support and shock towers. I know you say you'll fix it, but it'll never be 100% and with your driving record - as stated above by yourself - I would never recommend you put anything in that engine bay other than a 1.5L economotor.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

its an automatic sedan with a ton of damage thats PROBABLY been ragged...

ive bought the "fix it up car" before...

dont do it. Automatic
Old 10-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: (daklown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its worth fixing..your lucky u have a nice neighbor.. looks decent for a 4 door</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i am lucky, and my other neighbor is a body worker too!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turner7205 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there any frame damage? If there isnt and you can get replacement parts cheap then I guess go for it. I do not like Sedans though. To his own though</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no frame damage and my shocks are fine, the only thing is wierd is that funky tranny noise (i think trans) and i was gonna replace that crap eventually anyways, my neighbhor has 2 mint condition EX trannys and one of them he's saving for me, so i have already started fixing it and i have a new windshield and i'm ordering my radiator support in a little while and i think i'm just gonna get it tuned into decent shape and switch it to manual and then buy an EK hatch like i've always wanted and make that tin can my daily beater.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: (honda 3300)

hey i know this is completely random and off topic and i probably sound like a noob but look at my icon lol, anyhow whenever i see guys on honda tech write 'bump' and nothing else, what does that mean? i know i'm a jewish noob, whatever
Old 11-02-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: (Tyte4Door)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyte4Door &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i know this is completely random and off topic and i probably sound like a noob but look at my icon lol, anyhow whenever i see guys on honda tech write 'bump' and nothing else, what does that mean? i know i'm a jewish noob, whatever </TD></TR></TABLE>

it means, your post is getting "bumped" to the first spot, when people look at all of the posts. every time some one replies to a post, it gets bumped ahead of the rest. i had to ask my buddy the same question when i first got on here.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:49 AM

it's worth fixing and there's nothing wrong with a 5th gen sedan......you can always convert from auto to manual.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

i have fenders!! :] if interested PM ME..

Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: (flatfourfan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flatfourfan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's worth fixing and there's nothing wrong with a 5th gen sedan......you can always convert from auto to manual. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you! If anyone is still skeptical check this thread and your 4 door skepticism will be cleared

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

Anyhow, yeah my buddy if i didn't already write it has a brand new EX tranny waitin for me in which i plan to swap in anyways since my automatic has always been really crappy anyhow
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel so sorry for you and your car. lol....reading your post made me laugh so hard....sorry because I have nothing to add...hahahahahahha...made my day
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: (all_conference)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all_conference &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel so sorry for you and your car. lol....reading your post made me laugh so hard....sorry because I have nothing to add...hahahahahahha...made my day</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's ok, i'm a fan of hilarity myself and i always apprecite funny posts, thank you for the simpathy though, i feel sorry for myself too
Old 11-04-2005, 03:09 PM
eghatchattax822

Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (Tyte4Door)

hey i got fenders and a bumper if you need it vgalione822@aol
Old 11-04-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (eghatchattax822)

ahh, that sucks your car got banged up, you can fix for sure, my whole radiator support was pushed back and i fixed that, although its no longer welded, good thing your frame is not bent
Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (medside)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and with your driving record - as stated above by yourself - I would never recommend you put anything in that engine bay other than a 1.5L economotor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (delLudeVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delLudeVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha yeah, nothing is gonna go into that car. i am gonna fix it though, i've already started.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (Tyte4Door)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyte4Door &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha yeah, nothing is gonna go into that car. i am gonna fix it though, i've already started.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, as you've chosen the more difficult of two paths, I wish you luck . If you AIM me at Archidictus, you can get a great auto-to-manual conversion thread out of my info
Old 11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: wrecked EG, is it worth it??? oh yeah, wierd noise too. (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, as you've chosen the more difficult of two paths, I wish you luck . If you AIM me at Archidictus, you can get a great auto-to-manual conversion thread out of my info </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks,that will come in handy. Its really not that hard though, i've already had the windshield replaced and i have 2 new hood hinges and a new hood. all i need now is the radiator core support and i will just spend a day switching the stuff out. however i will be needing a replacement bumper (from a 2 door) since my neighbhor isn't selling his to me anymore. if anyone has one for cheaper than Ebay (68 bucks including shipping) i'll probably buy it off you.