Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wiring JDM Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:59 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring JDM Power Folding Mirrors

does anyone know how to wire these on an EK??????????

anywhere i can find a wiring diagram??????

please help however you can THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wiring JDM Power Folding Mirrors (JDMTyPeRHaTcH)

don't mean to still your thread.. while on the topic, how do i make my EG fold when i pull the e-brake?

oh yeah, this site might help you out bro.

http://students.washington.edu...s.htm
Old 02-02-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Wiring JDM Power Folding Mirrors (JDMTyPeRHaTcH)

I copied this from http://www.preludepower.com how to section...i didnt write this though, some one lse did, the wiring worked for my lude, and my g/f's integra so it should be about the same...try it out...peace

1. You have to switch the left mirror's harness with the right mirror's one so that the right mirror has the Red, Blu/wht, blu/org, blu/blk, and the grn/blu. The left mirror should have the blu, blu/red, yel/grn, yel/blu and the blu/org. Cut the wires and solder the new ones in place.

2. Each mirror harness has 5 wires each, 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. The 3, wire in to the factory colors for moving the mirror up/down left/right. The other 2 go to the relay directly. To be specific the red and blu/wht go to those colors on the relay and the blu and blu/red go to those on the relay.

3. The JDM switch wires in exactly the same way, but has 1 extra wire, the blu/yel. This is the activation wire for the relay and goes directly to that color on the relay.

4. The relay is a 7-wire relay and just to reiterate the blu/yel goes to the JDM switch. The red and the blu/wht go to the right mirror. The blu/red and the blu go the left mirror. The blk is ground and based on the way a relay works the wht/yel is the 12v constant.

5. You do have to extend the wires from the right door into the left door to attach them to the relay. Other than that that is all the wiring.

6. The mirrors bolt on just like stock. You do have to mount the relay in the driver's door, or if you feel like extending all the wires into the car you could mount the relay under the dash.

Old 02-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Wiring JDM Power Folding Mirrors (ieatrice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ieatrice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't mean to still your thread.. while on the topic, how do i make my EG fold when i pull the e-brake?

oh yeah, this site might help you out bro.

http://students.washington.edu...s.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

no pro i dont mind, if some else can benefit too, then go for it.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmgeorge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I copied this from http://www.preludepower.com how to section...i didnt write this though, some one lse did, the wiring worked for my lude, and my g/f's integra so it should be about the same...try it out...peace

1. You have to switch the left mirror's harness with the right mirror's one so that the right mirror has the Red, Blu/wht, blu/org, blu/blk, and the grn/blu. The left mirror should have the blu, blu/red, yel/grn, yel/blu and the blu/org. Cut the wires and solder the new ones in place.

2. Each mirror harness has 5 wires each, 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. The 3, wire in to the factory colors for moving the mirror up/down left/right. The other 2 go to the relay directly. To be specific the red and blu/wht go to those colors on the relay and the blu and blu/red go to those on the relay.

3. The JDM switch wires in exactly the same way, but has 1 extra wire, the blu/yel. This is the activation wire for the relay and goes directly to that color on the relay.

4. The relay is a 7-wire relay and just to reiterate the blu/yel goes to the JDM switch. The red and the blu/wht go to the right mirror. The blu/red and the blu go the left mirror. The blk is ground and based on the way a relay works the wht/yel is the 12v constant.

5. You do have to extend the wires from the right door into the left door to attach them to the relay. Other than that that is all the wiring.

6. The mirrors bolt on just like stock. You do have to mount the relay in the driver's door, or if you feel like extending all the wires into the car you could mount the relay under the dash.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks ill try this
Old 02-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Trial User

how do wire these for a car dat does not have power mirrors? mines are manual adjusting.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Trial User

up
Old 02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Trial User

ttt