Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wiring help please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring help please.

ok first off i read thru all the pages of the thread in this section. i need to know if any one can tell me from this pic i posted below where i pin for ks. and which one for iab. i have a 93 si. im just trying to make it look as close to stock as a 94 gsr would look. im trying to bar the car here in cali so those who have been there will know how that works. please help me out thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up for help.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cranberry)

Neither of those should be in the harness already, so you'll have to add them. Doesn't really matter where as long as you remember, and you'll have to pin them into the ECU harness as well.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chem Geek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chem Geek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Neither of those should be in the harness already, so you'll have to add them. Doesn't really matter where as long as you remember, and you'll have to pin them into the ECU harness as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>thanks for not understanding what i was asking. i most have worded it wrong......i have the gsr engian harness so i want to pin the shock tower plug for knock and iab. my ecu is pinned allready.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 AM

I don't know about the iab, but as far as the ks is concerned, the poster of the pics said that you have to wire straight from the ecu to the ks, as he did not know of another way at the time. Bump for you, since I am sure since those pics were originally posted, someone has done this.

-Shane
Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know about the iab, but as far as the ks is concerned, the poster of the pics said that you have to wire straight from the ecu to the ks, as he did not know of another way at the time. Bump for you, since I am sure since those pics were originally posted, someone has done this.

-Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>yes i know what the picture says. but i have a stock gsr engian harness. i dont want to cut in to it at all. i think if i have read something right i have figured it out. but bump for more help. main reason i posted it was to show what plug im trying to pin.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cranberry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes i know what the picture says. but i have a stock gsr engian harness. i dont want to cut in to it at all. i think if i have read something right i have figured it out. but bump for more help. main reason i posted it was to show what plug im trying to pin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gotcha, must have missed the part about the GSR harness. Actually, I am pretty buzzed, so that may have been it too.

-Shane
Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Gotcha, must have missed the part about the GSR harness. Actually, I am pretty buzzed, so that may have been it too.

-Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>lol its all good i just think later after hours of reading the wiring for an integra i might have figured it out. but bump for help!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been trying to figure it out too. The IAB wire is Pink/Blue and the Knock is Red/Blue so if maybe if the GSR engine harness has either of these they may be it? Let me know if you figure it out thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HondaPartsHero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaPartsHero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been trying to figure it out too. The IAB wire is Pink/Blue and the Knock is Red/Blue so if maybe if the GSR engine harness has either of these they may be it? Let me know if you figure it out thanks</TD></TR></TABLE> i know which pins they are on the engian harness. im going to mess with it in a min and see if i can figure it out on my own......but still bumpin for help.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the KS, you'll want to run a wire from ECU location D3 to the lower right corner of the third (from the top) harness on the passenger side shock tower, as shown by the red arrow:

There should be a plug in that location on your car's harness. I used a RED/BLU wire from a spare harness. On the engine side, your GS-R harness should already have a RED/BLU wire at the corresponding position, as shown by the red arrow:

For the IAB, I simply switched the wire from ECU connector A20 to A17. A17 was empty on my car (it's used with an auto. transmission). A20 connects to the EVAP purge control solenoid valve, so you may be out of luck for this in CA since it's emissions-related. I'll do some more checking to see where the IAB wire ends up on the engine harness.

Both of these items worked perfectly when I had a US P72 ECU in my '92 Si using a USDM GS-R engine harness, so if you have something different it may not apply.

Good luck!

Modified by DaiJekBok at 6:57 PM 10/11/2006
Old 10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good info.....thats what i think i found.