Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wiring harness compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness compatibility

quick question: wiring harness from a 95 ex coupe same as 92 si hatch?
Old 07-31-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: wiring harness compatibility (lshatch318)

one more question, would a bad relay cause my ecu fuse to blow?
Old 07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch318 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quick question: wiring harness from a 95 ex coupe same as 92 si hatch?</TD></TR></TABLE>
which harness?the engine harness?yes,they are the same.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch318 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one more question, would a bad relay cause my ecu fuse to blow?</TD></TR></TABLE>
it could.so could a bunch of other things.why do you suspect the relay?
Chris
Old 07-31-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: wiring harness compatibility (TeamNextGenChris)

the harness from the under hood fuse box to the ecu and under dash fuse box

im thinkin its the relay or one of the wires in that circuit because the fuse is not popping until we plug it up
Old 07-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lshatch318 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the harness from the under hood fuse box to the ecu and under dash fuse box

im thinkin its the relay or one of the wires in that circuit because the fuse is not popping until we plug it up</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm pretty sure that they are the same,but i don't know for sure.they are different part numbers,but they're definitely close enough(if not identical) that you can make it work.
if the reason you're asking is because you're thinking of swapping it out to remedy your above mentioned problem,i'd troubleshoot the harness that's already in there first-that'll tell you for sure if it's your problem,and you can probably fix it much easier than swapping the harness out.
disconnect the relay and ECU.use a multimeter(set to the continuity setting.most models will beep when the circuit is completed)to check the following:
check for continuity to ground on all the associated wires(of course,grounds may go to ground ).connect one lead to a ground,and the other to each wire.there should be no connection to ground.
check for shorts from wire to wire.you can do this by connecting one lead to one wire,and the other lead to another wire.none of the wires should be passing current to any other wire.
check for continuity from end to end of each wire.put one lead at the ECU pin,and the other lead at the relay plug.there shouldn't be any open wires.
also visually inspect the harness for any damage or melted insulation.
also try to borrow a relay and ECU to test that neither of those are at fault.
Chris
Old 07-31-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: wiring harness compatibility (TeamNextGenChris)

we actually have done all of that except trying a new relay, and checking from the relay to the ecu pin because we didnt know which ecu pin it was, i guess my next move is to try a new relay and cross my fingers, thanks for the help tho man