Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

window wires

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window wires

i was wounder if i hook a wire up to my auto down wire and send it to the passenger side and hook it up? will the auto down work for the both ?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:29 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: window wires (ejmotorfiend)

You could, but it wouldn't be fun.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: window wires (HondaFanatic708)

what do you mean by that ?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM

The only way to hook it up is to have both widows go down when the auto down is pressed. Now if the passanger side motor makes it all the way down before the drivers side it will put extra strain on the passanger motor and over time it could burn it out. I mean it can be done, no question, but personally I think it wouldn't be worth the possible headaches.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:09 AM

thanx for the info i never thought of it like that. i just can't figure out why i can't control my p/s window from the master switch. i even hooked it from one side to another
Old 09-19-2005, 02:45 PM

Sounds like you have some wiring issues somewhere in there.. So the window works from the passanger side switch but not the main switch? Sounds like its in the wiring if this is the case. What year is your civic, I may be able to help you with the wiring or whatever else the root of the problem may be..
Old 09-19-2005, 06:07 PM

i got a 93 dx coupe and i got the door panels and stuff from a ex hatch
Old 09-19-2005, 07:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ejmotorfiend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got a 93 dx coupe and i got the door panels and stuff from a ex hatch</TD></TR></TABLE>Did the stuff include the harness, how did you run the wiring? BTW there never was an EX hatch..
Old 09-20-2005, 01:21 PM

yeah i got the harness on the driver side i got the blu/ylw and the blu/grn together and the same on the other p. side and i even tried runnin it across to the other side for the master ?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM

bump
Old 09-23-2005, 07:15 PM

Sorry I haven't been on for a while now, busy workin on my LS/VTEC. Let me post the wiring schematic so we can work through this for ya. I'm also going to post the master switch test so we can make sure that isn't faulty before we dive deep into the wiring.

If they don't work let me know and I can email them to you. Angelfire sucks..
Old 09-23-2005, 07:20 PM

My bad on the huge images, but at least you would be able to troubleshoot this if you were 90 years old with 1" thick glasses.

BTW you will need a multimeter to test this..
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 AM

um the pics you post from angelfire didn't come up
Old 10-01-2005, 02:05 PM
tdo
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ejmotorfiend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um the pics you post from angelfire didn't come up </TD></TR></TABLE>

i right click and copy the link and pasted it into a new window and it works. try that.

i have a dx too and got some ex power window and power lock stuff too. i wanted to know if its possible to wire it up without the harness thats from the car. I got the harness inside the doors though.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: window wires (tdo)

that didn't work either
Old 10-02-2005, 11:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tdo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i have a dx too and got some ex power window and power lock stuff too. i wanted to know if its possible to wire it up without the harness thats from the car. I got the harness inside the doors though.</TD></TR></TABLE>You dont really need the harness from in the car. You can run the wiring yourself but I would advise getting the under dash harness because the wiring isn't really straight forward for a DIYer that isn't very familiar with electronics. I personally like all of my wiring to look OE. So I actually go through and pull pins from old conectors and solder my wiring to them so any added wires run right through the stock harness. For example on the EX/LX models there is a clip right as the wires leave the door. Then the under dash comes through a rubber shroud to make the connection. If you run the wires ghetto you may have problems down the line from water getting in the door etc.

The links to the images

http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...5.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...6.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...7.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...8.jpg

Yeah anelfire sucks but I haven't gotten down to finding free web hosting besides them. I can answer questions but without being there to see what is actually done its difficult for me to completely walk someone through it online..
Old 10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
tdo
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You dont really need the harness from in the car. You can run the wiring yourself but I would advise getting the under dash harness because the wiring isn't really straight forward for a DIYer that isn't very familiar with electronics. I personally like all of my wiring to look OE. So I actually go through and pull pins from old conectors and solder my wiring to them so any added wires run right through the stock harness. For example on the EX/LX models there is a clip right as the wires leave the door. Then the under dash comes through a rubber shroud to make the connection. If you run the wires ghetto you may have problems down the line from water getting in the door etc.

The links to the images

http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...5.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...6.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...7.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/...8.jpg

Yeah anelfire sucks but I haven't gotten down to finding free web hosting besides them. I can answer questions but without being there to see what is actually done its difficult for me to completely walk someone through it online..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont have the wire harness for under the dash. I looked through all the wires and i think i know where they go. I bought some of though wires that are connected to a fuse from radio shack. kinda like the ones i use for the power wire for the AMP. Since i dont have that wire i was thinking of wiring it to a fuse then to the ignition power wire and ground it somewhere.

do you think this method would work? and im gonna use my stock rubber plug that runs to the door but cut a hole in it to run the wires through so i dont have any problems with water getting to the wires like you said.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:42 PM

It shouldn't be a problem, just mimick the schematic as much as possible. You just want to make sure you don't use IG power from any critical systems because the extra draw may reduce the functionality of that circuit. Notice in the schematic how the IG power from the ignition switch is simply a trigger for the SPST power relay, and also how from that relay the power wire is split and THEN fused for each window motor. It will all be pretty clear and straight forward, just take your time and focus on the simple functionality of the circuit and you'll be all good.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:22 PM
tdo
Honda-Tech Member

i think i got a good idea about what to do now.

im gonna wire in the fuses and the relay outside of the fuse box since i dont have that harness.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tdo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i got a good idea about what to do now.

im gonna wire in the fuses and the relay outside of the fuse box since i dont have that harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>Excellent, yeah its pretty simple when it comes down to it..
Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
tdo
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Excellent, yeah its pretty simple when it comes down to it.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea it is pretty simple. i decided to make it closer to stock so i just hooked up the wires to the back of the fuse box where the harness was suppose to go. i used a voltmeter to figure out where each wire went and to what fuse.

I finished all the wiring im going to install everything else after class. Hopefully i did everything right .
Old 10-04-2005, 02:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tdo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea it is pretty simple. i decided to make it closer to stock so i just hooked up the wires to the back of the fuse box where the harness was suppose to go. i used a voltmeter to figure out where each wire went and to what fuse.

I finished all the wiring im going to install everything else after class. Hopefully i did everything right .</TD></TR></TABLE>Should be all good, if not one of those images is the input test so you can see what wire isn't properly hooked up.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
tdo
Honda-Tech Member

i wired up the driver side window and it works perfect. thnx for the help and wire diagram HondaFanatic708.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tdo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wired up the driver side window and it works perfect. thnx for the help and wire diagram HondaFanatic708.</TD></TR></TABLE>Good ****, thats what I like to hear.