Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will these knuckles work? (look inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these knuckles work? (look inside)

I need to know if 96-00 EK front knuckles with the smaller brakes (NON-Si/EX) will work to replace the knuckles on my EG hatch with the smaller brakes (CX). The only thing I'm concerned about is the caliper bolting up... can I use the EG CX calipers on the EK Non-EX/Si knuckles? I know they'll fit in the suspension and everything, it's just those calipers...
Old 07-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Will these knuckles work? (_Cyclone_)

Come on.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

bump for a different question to the age old topic
Old 07-25-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for a different question to the age old topic</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just want to know if the calipers are the same so I can get newer knuckles for my EG.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 AM

Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as you swap over the carrier, you should be fine. i am running 99 ek spindle setup on 94 si.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:59 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Cyclone_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need to know if 96-00 EK front knuckles with the smaller brakes (NON-Si/EX) will work to replace the knuckles on my EG hatch with the smaller brakes (CX). The only thing I'm concerned about is the caliper bolting up... can I use the EG CX calipers on the EK Non-EX/Si knuckles? I know they'll fit in the suspension and everything, it's just those calipers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The brake rotors are the same part number between the EK CX and the EG CX.. The knuckles are however different part numbers. Check out http://www.hondapartsdeals.com to compare the part numbers..

Modified by HondaFanatic708 at 4:12 PM 7/26/2005
Old 07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It doesnt matter if the knuckes themselves are different - it matters if the caliper mounting locations are the same. That, I dont know
Old 07-26-2005, 03:09 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, they use the same calipers and take the same pads (D273).
Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will these knuckles work? (Targa250R)

does this also mean that integra knuckles are compatible on a EK civic? (with the exeption of the top A arm obvously)
Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Will these knuckles work? (HondaFanatic708)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The brake rotors are the same part number between the EK CX and the EG CX.. The knuckles are however different part numbers. Check out http://www.hondapartsdeals.com to compare the part numbers.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm thinking the calipers will bolt on the same on both now... the reason for the different part number (as my research has uncovered) is the different mounting location for the flex line support. On the EG's the flex line gets bolted to the strut tower I believe, while on the EK's, the flex line gets bolted to the knuckle. They would need the two threaded holes in the EK knuckle, hence the different part #.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Cyclone_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm thinking the calipers will bolt on the same on both now... the reason for the different part number (as my research has uncovered) is the different mounting location for the flex line support. On the EG's the flex line gets bolted to the strut tower I believe, while on the EK's, the flex line gets bolted to the knuckle. They would need the two threaded holes in the EK knuckle, hence the different part #.</TD></TR></TABLE> Interesting to know.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will these knuckles work? (SkRiBLaH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkRiBLaH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does this also mean that integra knuckles are compatible on a EK civic? (with the exeption of the top A arm obvously)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, of course. But integra knuckles are NOT the same as eg civics - they are the same as ek ej8 ex and em1 si.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Will these knuckles work? (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yes, of course. But integra knuckles are NOT the same as eg civics - they are the same as ek ej8 ex and em1 si.</TD></TR></TABLE> So if I'm reading this correctly your saying if you were to only swap knuckles with DCteg ones the only cars that the other components would work on is the EK and EJ EX models along with the EM Si model. Any other model would require additional parts (most likely brakes)..

Is the reason your saying they are NOT the same as EG is because besides the Si all the hatches had the smaller brakes?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ej8 and em1 have the same knuckles as the dc teg - you dont have to swap the knuckles to use teg calipers.
The other ek (ej7,6) and eg (non-abs si and ex (I cant remember their ej#'s)) require "teg" knuckles (OR em1/ej8/eg ex) to use integra/civic abs or the slightly smaller civic ex/si calipers.
The "other parts" needed for integra calipers on, say a dx, would be the knuckles, yes, and the caliper - thats all. (An ex would need only the caliper.

I know that theyre not the same...Im not just saying. The caliper mounting bracket - part of the knuckle itself - is spaced differently.
(eg si non-abs is the same as cx/dx)

Ive said all this numerous times, and really, this shouldnt be cluttering a post that isnt about "integra knuckles" - - Research it up
Old 07-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, integra parts 94-00 (or 01) go on the del sol, from the brakes and suspention. and then engine components depending on model. civic parts are 92-99 im pretty sure.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, but the knuckles on the non-abs del sol are the same as eg dx's. The vtec abs models have matching brakes to dc integras (94-01) and all abs civics.
The rest, matches up fine, as it does with eg civics and dc integras.
The majority is a massive clump of shared parts, but there are a few differences, as I mentioned. You cant say "theyre ALL the same"...because theyre not
Old 07-29-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ej8 and em1 have the same knuckles as the dc teg - you dont have to swap the knuckles to use teg calipers.
The other ek (ej7,6) and eg (non-abs si and ex (I cant remember their ej#'s)) require "teg" knuckles (OR em1/ej8/eg ex) to use integra/civic abs or the slightly smaller civic ex/si calipers.
The "other parts" needed for integra calipers on, say a dx, would be the knuckles, yes, and the caliper - thats all. (An ex would need only the caliper.

I know that theyre not the same...Im not just saying. The caliper mounting bracket - part of the knuckle itself - is spaced differently.
(eg si non-abs is the same as cx/dx)

Ive said all this numerous times, and really, this shouldnt be cluttering a post that isnt about "integra knuckles" - - Research it up </TD></TR></TABLE> I already know this, just wanted your take on the whole what works up front ****.. No research needed.