Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB?

Can anybody tell me if some skunk2 coilovers, and KYB AGX shocks from 95 Acura Integra GSR will fit a 97 Honda Civic HB?
Thanks in advance...
Old 01-23-2004, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (TurboChrgd_Civic)

Look up the part #'s, and if they are the same they'll probably fit.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (TurboChrgd_Civic)

yes they will.. they are the same part numbers.. the skunk2 springs will be a little stiff for the the EK though. the strut in the rear.. you'll need to use two washer/spacers between the LCA and the strut mount forks becuase the struts were designed to fit both..
Old 01-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (redlinetuning)

they weren't designed to fit both, but yes washers do make up the space for what is needed to put the wider EG fork to the EK LCA.....

make sure you get good washers...ask for the highest grade....
Old 01-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (redlinetuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinetuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes they will.. they are the same part numbers.. the skunk2 springs will be a little stiff for the the EK though. the strut in the rear.. you'll need to use two washer/spacers between the LCA and the strut mount forks becuase the struts were designed to fit both.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

redline tuning, when you say the skunk2 springs will be a little stiff for the EK. That's even with the KYB shocks? If that's the case maybe I should just use the stock struts don't you think... Well maybe not because then they would be really stiff???
Old 01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they weren't designed to fit both, but yes washers do make up the space for what is needed to put the wider EG fork to the EK LCA.....

make sure you get good washers...ask for the highest grade....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, will do on the washers... Highest grade!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can anybody tell me if some skunk2 coilovers, and KYB AGX shocks from 95 Acura Integra GSR will fit a 97 Honda Civic HB?
Thanks in advance...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im running that setup right now im my 92 hatch, the coilvers will fit but the shocks wont
Old 01-23-2004, 09:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

redline tuning, when you say the skunk2 springs will be a little stiff for the EK. That's even with the KYB shocks? If that's the case maybe I should just use the stock struts don't you think... Well maybe not because then they would be really stiff???</TD></TR></TABLE>

To the guy that said AGXs were made to fit eg/dc LCA's and EK LCA's. That's bullshit, don't spread misinformation on this site.

To the guy I quoted, the skunk2 springrates for the integra are most likely stiffer for the integra to compensate for the extra couple hundred pounds, especially the front rates for the extra weight of the b-series.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will Skunk2 coilovers & KYB shocks from 95 Integra GSR fit a 97 Civic HB? (743)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

To the guy that said AGXs were made to fit eg/dc LCA's and EK LCA's. That's bullshit, don't spread misinformation on this site.

To the guy I quoted, the skunk2 springrates for the integra are most likely stiffer for the integra to compensate for the extra couple hundred pounds, especially the front rates for the extra weight of the b-series.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, so that explains why the springs would be more stiff, but what about the struts??? Are you saying they won't fit the EK LCA'a at all? I'm hearing yes and no on here... Just trying to gather as much information as possible.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:43 PM

They WILL NOT FIT unless you throw a thick enough washer that will widen the EK's LCA to fit the EG/DC rear shock.

BTW, Skunk2 spring rates are:

Integra: 500/400
Civic: 400/300

How do I know? Cuz I have both sets.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18CBungy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CBungy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They WILL NOT FIT unless you throw a thick enough washer that will widen the EK's LCA to fit the EG/DC rear shock.

BTW, Skunk2 spring rates are:

Integra: 500/400
Civic: 400/300

How do I know? Cuz I have both sets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, so it looks like we can agree on them not fitting without the washer "fix".
Is that safe or should I just try to sell the struts, and buy the correct one's???

I got the skunk2 coilover's and KYB sturts for $150 plus a used ACT clutch I had collecting dust in my garage so I was hoping they would work...
Old 01-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It WILL WORK. You just need some washers in the back to take up the slop between the fork and the lca bushing. The struts have nothing to do with how stiff the springs are. IF you use your stock shocks you are going to end up with a really bouncy ride. If the KYB's aren't blown you will end up with a very firm ride but it shouldn't be bouncy. I think all of the new skunk II coilovers are the same. They no longer make civic and integra rates different I was told that they were all the same. I've been running eg Konis on my ek and it fits fine.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fishnfst)

Thanks man... Where's the best place to pick up high grade washers? Home Depot, Autozone, Kragen, Orchard Suppy???
Old 01-24-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: (TurboChrgd_Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man... Where's the best place to pick up high grade washers? Home Depot, Autozone, Kragen, Orchard Suppy???</TD></TR></TABLE>

fishnfst is right. I'm actually using EK A'PEXi coilovers on my eg, and I had to do the opposite, and actually grind material off my LCA bushing. For putting eg shock on the ek, you will probably need two 1/8" thick washers. Go to LOWES and look for Grade 8 washers. They are only SAE sizes, so find the closest one that fits. You will probably end up getting 3/8" inner diameter.

Also, the front shocks will work fine, but EK's have different brake hose mounting, unlike the eg/dc where the hoses attach to the shock, so you can either hammer off the hose mount from the stock shocks, or zip tie the hoses around the shock. Just make sure they are on their very well. My zip ties snapped, and my hose ended up rubbing the axle and finally bursting while I was slowing down for a red lighht from 50mph.