Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Will a DC2 Mugen Twinloop axleback fit an EK4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a DC2 Mugen Twinloop axleback fit an EK4?

Hi,

Sorry for asking a stupid question right after registering, but I tried using the search and couldn't really figure this out. I have a 1999 Civic EK4, Spoon Sports 4-2-1 header, stock EDM cat and an Invidia GT300 catback exhaust.

A friend of mine's getting a JDM DC2 soon and it'll have a Mugen twinloop catback which he's going to sell for a less restrictive one. I'm more of a comfort instead of a volume person so I think the twinloop would suit my tastes quite nicely. My question is, will the twinloop's axleback part fit on an EK, and will it bolt properly to the Invidia B-pipe? The Invidia has a fairly large mid silencer and since I still have my cat on, the sounds probably shouldn't be too obnoxious, but kinda wondering if that sort of mix'n'match will work at all. I'm guessing axlebacks might be universal, but it's probably safer to ask before I buy it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Will a DC2 Mugen Twinloop axleback fit an EK4?

Slight update, tried looking for some parts numbers to compare between DC2 and EK4, but it gets a little complicated since Mugen only offers the axleback part for EK and catback for DC.. anyone have experience with twinloops?