Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 02:15 PM
California,The only state

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors?

i tried inlinefour and they were 141.67 total shippsed to CA

all the other places seem a bit to over priced

does anyone know any cheaper places to get these rotors?
Old 02-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors? (EH2_LS_TURBO)

brembo blanks....nuff said
Old 02-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors? (xerox445)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">brembo blanks....nuff said</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah, but if you are stuck on power slot I have always found that http://www.optauto.com has everything you need for real cheap or http://www.irp.com (i think thats it)
Old 02-15-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors? (D16 madwoman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D16 madwoman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yah, but if you are stuck on power slot I have always found that http://www.optauto.com has everything you need for real cheap or http://www.irp.com (i think thats it) </TD></TR></TABLE>

brembo blanks?

are those the regular brembos? and how much for a pair of those on 94 civic hatch no abs

http://www.irp.com is some medical website lol
Old 02-15-2004, 02:44 PM

Check ebay autos and search for "brembo civic" even after shipping you can come in way ahead. .
Old 02-15-2004, 02:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I got brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors from Ebay for $85.00 shipped. Why is everyone so high on Brembo blanks? The cross-drilled used w/ a good pad will outperform a blank anyday. Think about this, if blanks are the way to go how come every streetbike has cross-drilled rotors? If blanks are far superior then I guess I'll buy some for my GSX-R
Old 02-15-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors? (SIRIUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors from Ebay for $85.00 shipped. Why is everyone so high on Brembo blanks? The cross-drilled used w/ a good pad will outperform a blank anyday. Think about this, if blanks are the way to go how come every streetbike has cross-drilled rotors? If blanks are far superior then I guess I'll buy some for my GSX-R </TD></TR></TABLE>

ofcourse the crossed drilled and slotted are better, they provide air and more traction/friction for the pads but they just carve to much away
Old 02-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are all misconceptions...slotted and crossdrilling reduces pad surface like crazy, the blanks perform better under street conditions. If you can heat a brembo blank up enough that it starts to glaze over and slip on the street then you need to get the hell off the road.

Slotting and Crossdrilling are only useful in track situations where you are constantly late braking and such. They help the heat dissipate, and let super hot gasses escape that are formed between the pad and the rotor when both become extremely hot.

If you think about it, on stock calipers and stock hydraulics, the reduced surface area, and mass would affect your brakes negatively. Its true. Most will say that there brakes were so much better after going 2 slotted and cross drilled. This is because they are going from stock worn rotors to the brand new ones, and also most likely replacing the pads.

You may ask why do big brake companies like willwood, brembo, ssbc etc. use the cross drilled?

1. The kits they sell come with larger calipers that are putting more clamping force on the rotors (which consequently are also larger). The extra clamping force overcomes the loss of surface area.

2. One word....bling.

As for your superbike or whatever you have, compare the rotor size, thickness, and over all weight...the sportbike has a much smaller mass, therefor it heats up much faster. The holes are needed to dissipate heat, and the super hot gasses that form.

But wait...didn't i just say that these super hot gasses dont form on the street unless your being a jackass? The Bike is working off 2 wheels, where as the car has 4. You have half of the surface tire area. Although the mass of the bike is much less, the bikes brakes overall have to do more work to slow the rider down. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH2_LS_TURBO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> how come every streetbike has cross-drilled rotors</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats why...

Finally if you really want to get technical, under hard braking, the bike mostly only works off of the front tire, due to weight transfer. That front caliper better be cooled sufficiently....or else the small mass of that caliper is going 2 heat up and just slide....

Thank you
Old 02-15-2004, 03:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Wheres the cheapest place to get POWER SLOT Rotors? (xerox445)

^ Good explanation and point taken

***BTW my car is no longer a daily driver and will see the track so I can justify the purchase of my cross drilled/slotted rotors.