Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Where to find BUILT auto transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find BUILT auto transmissions

My auto trans just went out in my 99 civic ex. I have a t3/t4 turbo running 8psi and my stock trans just couldnt hold it, and i just need to find a place where i can get a trans to hold around 250+ hp. Can u just show me a site because i have searched forever and cant find one. And no i dont want to convert to a 5 speed.dont have time or the money,thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the time and money that you spend building an auto, you could do a 5 speed swap but to each his own. check out gearspeed.com, i know they do 5 speeds not sure about autos but give em call
Old 05-15-2005, 10:21 AM
w

Default Re: (Do_Ster)

its actually gear-speed.com they got some awesome stuff. But i would touch and auto if i were you. too many hassles
Old 05-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions (turbo-d)

levelten.com

but with the money involved it would be cheaper to do an auto-to-5speed if you can do the labor yourself...
Old 05-15-2005, 10:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My auto trans just went out in my 99 civic ex. I have a t3/t4 turbo running 8psi and my stock trans just couldnt hold it, and i just need to find a place where i can get a trans to hold around 250+ hp. Can u just show me a site because i have searched forever and cant find one. And no i dont want to convert to a 5 speed.dont have time or the money,thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then sell your **** and go back to stock.

You have to pay to play. You think having a turbocharged car is cheap? You should have asked before building a turbo auto because I guarantee just about everybody on here would have told you that it was a bad idea.

Honda's auto transmissions suck ***. I don't know anyone who beefs them up because a) they dont even make an auto transmission for their good cars and b) there is no market for them.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Tru

level ten makes some good stuff, but it dosent come at a cheap price....
Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tru)

Yeah bro i'm a autodriver right now and i'm piecing together my boost kit , i'm in the same situation and for the money you'd spend on the aftermarket torque converter and auto tranny cooler you could do the 5 spd. conversion ... so i know you didn't want to hear this and i know i didn't answer your quesiton but auto driver to auto driver i'd look into doing the 5 spd. conversion
Old 05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg8kid)

expensive build but interested in hearing the outcome. think it would be pretty bad *** to have a boosted gsr automatic built to ****
Old 05-15-2005, 11:52 AM

ya i know how much turbo kits can end up coasting cuz u know i kind of have one on my car. that was stupid and i have spent allot of money on my turbo kit and i have to do one thing at a time. I just want to keep it auto,get lsd for it,3400 stall, trans cooler, and that would be it. Then it would take off as good as a 5 speed plus you cant out shift an auto, and boost doesnt drop between gears if u have an auto compared to a 5 speed. So that would be the perfect build for me, so no to the 5 speed. So anyone no where i can get that stuff or get a trans with all that already in it?
Old 05-15-2005, 12:06 PM
w

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont have time or the money,thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont bother, maybe if you knew how to drive a 5speed right you wouldnt love autos so much

cant build a tranny without money
Old 05-15-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions (Hondadude96)

for one thing u dont know me and i can drive a 5 speed better than u and i have 2 grand to spend on an auto trans.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Multi-paradigm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for one thing u dont know me and i can drive a 5 speed better than u and i have 2 grand to spend on an auto trans.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"You don't know me?" and then in the same sentence you tell the guy that you can drive 5-speed better than him? And you have $2000 to spend on an auto tranny? I thought you said you don't have the money for a 5-speed swap? you suck.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:14 PM

I think what Getaway is hinting to is that turbo'd cars cost a lot of money becuase they break stuff more often. Case-in-point: your stock tranny is broken because your turbo kicked its ***. Likewise, your turbo is probably beating down your engine, axles, valvetrain, etc. faster than if you didn't have the FI.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:19 PM

yall needa stop hatin cause i drive an auto that is turboed and can whoop any of yall 5-speeds' ASSES! i will race any of you and hand your *** to you. jk ahah auto pride wah wahh. to the autos to the 5-speeds
Old 05-15-2005, 12:24 PM

wut the **** u guys hatin on me for,im tryin to get help here and ur not doin ****. But thanks to whoever told me about level10.com. So how about someone give me some help here and give me some sites.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo-d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wut the **** u guys hatin on me for,im tryin to get help here and ur not doin ****. But thanks to whoever told me about level10.com. So how about someone give me some help here and give me some sites.</TD></TR></TABLE>
stop being a tool and people wont make fun of you

"you dont know me but i can drive a 5 speed better than you"

you have no idea about how anyone drives on this website. so leave your hardcore ricer attitude at the door.

for 1/4 the cost of your magic auto transmission you could convert to 5 speed. ive never seen a honda auto be faster than a manual honda. honda autos arent like a real automatic transmission.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:32 PM
w

hahahaha

good one

hey man its your $2k to blow on whatever you want but seriously gear-speed is the best i dont know if they mess with autos but i built my 5speed with their stuff and it is bulletproof.

I love the part where you say i dont know you then go off talking about me......classic

No hard feelings
Old 05-15-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ive never seen a honda auto be faster than a manual honda. </TD></TR></TABLE>

turbo-d, find somene to build an auto tranny for you just to show this guy and myself a faster honda that is automatic. Also, since no one else has said it yet.. automatics hold boost.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions (Jeterkm02)

id love to see it, i know its "faster" in a real autmoatic transmission (gearless), the honda autos have gears just like the manual trans, and are notoriously weak and power robbing.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

You put a T3/T04E turbo on an automatic civic?

You're joking right?

WOW...
Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeterkm02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbo-d, find somene to build an auto tranny for you just to show this guy and myself a faster honda that is automatic. Also, since no one else has said it yet.. automatics hold boost. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If automatic honda's had a chance of being faster than 5 speeds wouldnt some race team of tried it yet? They havent because automatics honda trannys SUCK!!!! Why the hell would you turbo a automatic civic??? Learn to drive with a clutch then drop in the turbo. If you cant do that then you shouldnt be driving a fast car anyway
Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Go 5 speed. The clutch pedal assembly cost my cousin $130 at a junk yard from a GSR with the hydraulic lines. Easy to do also, all the holes are there, just screw the bolts in.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM

i am doing the same thing with my auto but starting to piece together parts for the 5 spd swap when the auto dies...i figure it can be done after checking out a few sites but 5 spds are more fun anyway...
Old 05-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chile)

the reason the autos die is the people who drive them.. if you drive like an ******* all the time its going to fail.. i have been boosted for over 15000 miles and i used to have a 75 shot on for over 25 bottles before the turbo and my **** dont slip.. yes the auto does suck up alot of power but its not really that bad.. i plan on doing the 5 speed conversion this year because my **** would be alot faster.. even now i can take out b16 swaped hatches, integras and eclipse turbos.. so its not as slow as everyone thinks..

if you dont take care if things they will fail.. its just the autos need to be taken care of more..

Modified by konigturbocivic at 4:39 PM 5/16/2005
Old 05-15-2005, 05:19 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You put a T3/T04E turbo on an automatic civic?

You're joking right?

WOW...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know how much better the B auto trannies are, but i've witnessed a boosted LS auto (10psi on a .60 t3/t04e) with no ill effects. He hit upper 13second time slips with that setup. Later switched to a manual trans though.

I'd say if you want to stick with the auto then check out Level Ten. They are the only people i know of that deal with Honda auto trannies.

Quick Reply: Where to find BUILT auto transmissions