Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

where can i get this kind of lug nut

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get this kind of lug nut

looking for this kind or similar,i need something that will not rust and is a tuner style to fit my wheels,my current ones are rusting to hell.

[Modified by civictypenos, 12:05 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 08:07 AM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (civictypenos)

Jaydm.com has the Kyokugen lugnuts, but they are kinda pricey. They usually have the Kyokugen's on Ebay for around 40 bucks. The Mugen ones you have in the pic look sweet, let me know if you find them.

http://www.jaydm.com/netdeal.htm

[Modified by Blk93CivicSi, 5:07 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 08:11 AM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (Blk93CivicSi)

those look clean....but what is the point of having Mugen lugs??? you wont be able to see that they are mugen when you have them on. and when someone finds out you have mugen lugs they will come and steal em. get some enkei locks...they are like 20 bucks for all 16 and they havent rusted on me. they dont look all flashy and they dont stick out all far either. they are lugs that do what they are supposed to do
Old 11-13-2002, 08:15 AM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (HybridHackBatch)

I have a set of McGard spline drives on the way. Kinda of pricey (~$75) but they are supposed to be the best. I ordered mine from summit. They come in black chrome. The kit includes all the sline drive lugs and key for the spline, 4 locks with a key for them as well.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:18 AM

you can get the Kyokugen, mugen, or spoon lug nuts at http://www.autolinkmotorworks.com they range from 45-100 bucks depending on the ones you chose.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:24 AM

Over in the competition forum, there was just a discussion on all of this. here is the post, i found it extremely helpful.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=309025
Old 11-13-2002, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (Inigo Montoya)

I had Gorilla Locks for my slipstreams. They were around $30 from http://www.jcwhitney.com. They never rusted.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those look clean....but what is the point of having Mugen lugs??? you wont be able to see that they are mugen when you have them on. and when someone finds out you have mugen lugs they will come and steal em. get some enkei locks...they are like 20 bucks for all 16 and they havent rusted on me. they dont look all flashy and they dont stick out all far either. they are lugs that do what they are supposed to do
You're stupid, aren't you?
Old 11-13-2002, 11:11 AM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (ekfour)

I must suck because people can't see that I have a mugen thermoswitch and a spoon thermostat.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (tonyxcom)

I must suck because people can't see that I have a mugen thermoswitch and a spoon thermostat.
haha u have both on at the same time? thats super neato! lol! mad hp i bet.

krazy
Old 11-13-2002, 12:08 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (krazy)

krazy
Well if you seen my temp needle before adding those parts.....
Old 11-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (krazy)

krazy
That's funny.

I never thought that the thermo switch and thermostat were supposed to add hp.

Shows how much I know
Old 11-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why is he stupid?? that makes perfectly good sense to me
Old 11-13-2002, 12:18 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (SpoonFedHatch)

but what is the point of having Mugen lugs??? you wont be able to see that they are mugen when you have them on.
why is he stupid?? that makes perfectly good sense to me
Ok, you changed my mind.... YOU are stupid too.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tonyxcom.....beside's their WEIGHT SHEDDING .00000002lbs and "oooh i have JDM LUGNUTS" appeal, what purpose do they give?? i mean you could save damn near $100 by just going to DTC and getting a set of luglocks for like $20....i guess if you have the money to spend on that kinda **** then i am stupid...
Old 11-13-2002, 12:55 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (SpoonFedHatch)

tonyxcom....if i seem uneducated to you, then i am sorry. but if your able to afford some mugen "lug nuts" and be "JDM" then thats great for you. that just makes you that much faster. if the importance is on lugs then i really need to get up to date. maybe your master's in 'performance importance' can give me some tutoring.

bow down to the expert
Old 11-13-2002, 01:16 PM

Have any of you ever took a reading and comprehension class???

I am reffering to this part of your post.

but what is the point of having Mugen lugs??? you wont be able to see that they are mugen when you have them on.
I NEVER said get the Mugen.

No point in reading if you can't comprehend it.

[Modified by tonyxcom, 10:18 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 03:09 PM

ummm... those are pics from ebay right? Those mugen lug nuts are fake and made in taiwan. If I were you , I wouldnt get them unless you want cheap shi* on your car that is asking to cause an accident.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:17 PM

What's the writing on the lug after it says "Mugen Power", I can't really make it out. Is that how they get away with knocking a brand name off? By putting a small word after the original? Kind of like me making my own Nikebullshit company?

[Modified by ThunderLips, 4:18 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 03:17 PM

yikes!
taiwanese lugnuts with "mugen" silkscreened onto them. what will they think of next?

Old 11-13-2002, 03:20 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (n1ek)

lol.... and the funny thing is, all the wannabe JDM heads think there real!! LOL!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have any of you ever took a reading and comprehension class???
I am reffering to this part of your post.
I NEVER said get the Mugen.
No point in reading if you can't comprehend it.

[Modified by tonyxcom, 10:18 PM 11/13/2002]
Hey tonyxcom...your arguement for why you called him stupid makes no sense due to the fact that he expressed his opinion before you threw your worthless $.02 into the ring. Why don't you go find something real to bitch about: this is Honda-Tech, it shouldn't be that hard.

And please, don't e-scream at my little e-self you big e-badass you
Old 11-13-2002, 03:24 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (ThunderLips)

What's the writing on the lug after it says "Mugen Power", I can't really make it out. Is that how they get away with knocking a brand name off? By putting a small word after the original? Kind of like me making my own Nikebullshit company?

[Modified by ThunderLips, 4:18 PM 11/13/2002]
yeah, someone tell me what this says...it looks like __1.25? which may mean these lugnuts don't even fit honda lugs? if its a 12x1.25 instead of a 12x1.5.

Old 11-13-2002, 03:25 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (Archidictus)

When I read this, it sounds pretty stupid. Sounds like you only buy name brand parts if you can SHOW OFF THE NAME.

And you calling me out for EXPRESSING MY OPINION makes you look just as much like an E-BADASS as you claim I am.

But thanks for playing.

Next.

[Modified by tonyxcom, 12:27 AM 11/14/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 03:32 PM

Default Re: where can i get this kind of lug nut (ridge racer 2)

for what you paid for the switch alone you could have gotten a low temp thermostat from Jackson Racing and a high pressure cap from Stant and still had money left over for tax/shipping and lunch.
LOL, how in the world would you know what I payed for this stuff? And a stant rad cap wont work on my radiator. Neither will a Spoon or Mugen or Honda for that matter.

And besides. I have money to burn. So you can pinch your pennies all day long. I don't have to.

Quick Reply: where can i get this kind of lug nut