Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Whats the expected gains from individual throttle bodies on a b16 with hondata???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the expected gains from individual throttle bodies on a b16 with hondata???

anyone know?
Old 12-26-2004, 07:42 AM
my house has wheels on it

could you be anymore vauge??? you may as well ask "if i throw a rock in space how far will it go???"

try the all motor forums
Old 12-26-2004, 07:45 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: (BrokeAssWhiteboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrokeAssWhiteboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could you be anymore vauge??? you may as well ask "if i throw a rock in space how far will it go???"

try the all motor forums
</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly what i was thinking!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrokeAssWhiteboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could you be anymore vauge??? you may as well ask "if i throw a rock in space how far will it go???"

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Far
Old 12-26-2004, 08:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly what i was thinking!</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Far </TD></TR></TABLE>
Pretty far... theres no gravity or air friction
Old 12-26-2004, 09:00 AM
my house has wheels on it

Default Re: (Civic4less)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic4less &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pretty far... theres no gravity or air friction </TD></TR></TABLE>yeah i realize that but i used that example because there is no EXACT answer for that question, like the one he asked
Old 12-26-2004, 09:10 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrokeAssWhiteboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i realize that but i used that example because there is no EXACT answer for that question, like the one he asked</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yea i know... just felt like being a smart *** lol
Old 12-26-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: (Civic4less)

ill actually give u something useful

It all depends on what is done to ur motor. ITBs make awesome power in the high RPM ranges and will operate well with high compression pistions and lopey cams. On a B16 with Hondata, i've seen anywhere from 30-40 HP gains, but, like i said, it all depends on what ur setup is with ur motor. Which company are u lookin to get ur ITBs from???
Old 12-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrokeAssWhiteboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"if i throw a rock in space how far will it go???"
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i remember "brady physics" on REMOTE CONTROL on mtv.
the question was if greg brady were thrown in space, how far would he go?
the answer is, on forever untill he is acted upon by another force. i.e. gravity, or an asteroid, etc.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

I've got some brand new TWM ITB's for sale for B16/ITR head.... 1350 shipped they're yours
Old 12-26-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i remember "brady physics" on REMOTE CONTROL on mtv.
the question was if greg brady were thrown in space, how far would he go?
the answer is, on forever untill he is acted upon by another force. i.e. gravity, or an asteroid, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're right. Anything in motion in space will stay in motion until acted upon.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Superdragr45)

thanks superdragr for the only reply so far... actually i was on my way out the door when posted that question so i couldn't be too detailed... the thing is that i had a turbo b18b already and wanted to see what other routes i can go... but i want to make atleast 200 whp... i'm not as serious about making huge numbers as i used to be especially now that i'm getting out of college and getting into the corporate world where they tend to judge young employees like myself... might keep the civic might not.... haven't made up my mind... but i don't know anyone who ran itb just looking to see what numbers have been produced with what setup for an idea not exactly for my particular b16 hondata setup.

I'm gonna ignore all the space comments since this always happens where people are not too familiar with an area and people make them feel like **** and bash them instead of assist them with something that everyone on here has in common and is seeking to improve on which is the purpose of these forums. while others jump in and ride the bangwagon. regardless one good reply is better than none.

Reggie
Old 12-26-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: (brixity)

this guy chad put itb's on a stock b16a and he said it made 168/?? tq.. if that helps.. dont know what itb's or what he used to manage them.