Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What would you do????

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do????

I have a 95 Civic EX and only have exhaust done to it (2.5" cat back into a magnaflow muffler). Should i sell it and get this?

92 Civic CX Hathback, Inca Gold Pearl paint, new OEM seals/moldings, TYC 1 piece black housing headlights, Wings West RS lip kit, TEIN SS coilovers, Buddy Club P1 wheels, D15, Garret T3/T04E 57 trim, FMIC, Greddy Type S BOV, 38mm wastegate, Autometer gauges in custom pod replacing center vents, JL subs in custom enclosre painted body color, JL components, Panasonic head unit, apline amps.

What would you pay for the 92?
Old 08-28-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: What would you do???? (harwood39)

If I were you would I buy it? Hell no. I would never buy a used car that the previous owner has done work on. Especially if it is boosted. Hell No.

BTW, why would you want to buy someone elses project anyway? Do your own work!
Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 PM

I dunno what Id pay... to be honest, Id almost keep my car and just do crap to it. You dont know how they treated the 92, it might fall apart right after you buy it, I know thats not probable, but it is a possibility. But it is your money, and you can do whatever you want. But I dunno.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: What would you do???? (numbnuts22715)

It was just completed by the tuning shop i get all my work done at. They barely drive it. They baught it, built it, and are selling it. Its only been completed for a month or two, out at the track once. They like to by cars, rebuild them from top to bottom and resell them. Oh ya, all the parts have less than 1000 miles on them. the car has all new parts from top to bottom.

They didnt beat on the car at all except at the track, its there show car, it was in the autovations car show in minneapolis over the 20th-22nd if any one was there.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:15 PM

OK, so like I said, why drive someone elses project? Are you an experienced driver? Would you be able to keep a boosted and reasonably modified car maintained properly? If not there's nothing wrong with starting from the bottom and working your way up. But, if you really want a car you are not familiar with, and/or incapable of driving then by all means, buy it. I'm not saying you are a noob or anything but....
Old 08-28-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: What would you do???? (Revolver)

i will put it this way, i am working in this shop soon. oh ya, i dont have the money to start from scratch either.

I am an experianced driver, i had an 87 nissan 300ZX that i drove in the winter, i live in ND by the way. NO WINTER TIRES, R COMPOUND TIRES IN WINTER. I run a 16.8 with my civic stock when the guys that own the shop can only get it to 17.0
Old 08-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by harwood39 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was just completed by the tuning shop i get all my work done at. They barely drive it. They baught it, built it, and are selling it. Its only been completed for a month or two, out at the track once. They like to by cars, rebuild them from top to bottom and resell them. Oh ya, all the parts have less than 1000 miles on them. the car has all new parts from top to bottom.

They didnt beat on the car at all except at the track, its there show car, it was in the autovations car show in minneapolis over the 20th-22nd if any one was there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Takes all the fun out of doing it yourself.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:20 PM
egizzle8

Shop or not. Don't take credit for what someone else already did. Do it yourself and your learn more about your car. Let me think, people take there cars to a track to beat on them in a safe and controlled area.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Re: What would you do???? (egizzle6)

they would be doing all my work anyways so it doesnt really matter.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:25 PM

BTW, like I said, I wasnt calling you inexperienced, it justed seemed that way. Just because you work in a shop doesnt mean you know what you're doing. And if you can't afford to start from scratch, learn the trade, and modify on your own, then how can you afford to drive an already modified boosted car that may very well break down on you? If not that then maintanence might kill you etc. I'm just saying think of all your options.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

say you bought the car and something ahppened to it. You wouldnt know what to do cuz you have never done the work yourself. So you'd have to take it to a shop and pay out the *** for it to be fixed.

Just do the work yourself. That way you will know what it has done. Even the things you cant see.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:27 PM

BTW, I think people that rely on shops to do all their work suck. I don't think people should fool with their car unless they are willing to learn and get their hands dirty. If you're going to work at their shop then why would they be doing your work?
Old 08-29-2004, 08:05 AM

They would be doin my work this winter, i am working for them next summer. I cant afford a turbo kit right now, interior fiberglassing, rims, or a stereo. the only work they do for me is paint, fiberglassing, and major motor work (ie:turbo kit). Other than that i do all my own work.

I will be giving them credit for the car and its more off the money issue, they will take 8K for it, i can sell my civic for 6K. If it saves me money in the long run i will do it. Plus they have a b16 swap that will come with the car (not installed)