Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What Pistons are these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 What Pistons are these?

Hi Guys. Just joined the site now, i know its got some serious useful stuff on it and alotta my DIYs come from here lol, anyways, ill go to the newbie section and introduce myself shortly, just i have a pressing issue at hand and need to discover the make of these pistons. i have been told that the resemble CA18DET pistons that may have been machined like this.
They where sold to me as ARIAS high comp pistons but have no markings etc. one piston was damaged so am trying to find out what brand so i can replace it. also been said that they resemble a Wiseco replica possibly?
They have no branding on them whatsoever but they look similar to the pistons here on the golden eagle website.

http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/index....products_id=46

I also heard somewhere that some of the earlier arias pistons that came out had no markings or something like that?? How true is this?
attached are some pictures, click on them to go to photo-stand for the higher quality images for closer inspection. please guys, all input is appreciated.

thanks in advance guys, eagerly await your replies
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What Pistons are these?

anybody? could these possibly be YCP pistons??
Old 09-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any stampings on them?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those look like the Type R spec pistons if not more oversized, definitely not GSR and not OEM or it'll have a stamp on it.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nothing man, they where sold to me as arias, so havent touched them(was gonna clean them up etc) because of the ongoing investigation and possible legal action ill be taking. I need to replace one as it was sold to me broken(unknown to me) but from what i saw and the pics as well, there are no markings in them - nada.

they are 84.5mm, and i am currently getting them checked to see if they are fully forged or not. I know they are not arias, that has been confirmed. i needa know what they are so i can see what i needa get should nothing materialize from the seller. I have also sent an email with pictures off to PJ distributors of YPC pistons for their statement. just thought if anybody here had experience with pistons before they might be able to tell what they are and are not.

So far the only optiosn that have surfaced are:

Definately NOT Arias.
Possibly a Wiseco copy of some sort.
Could be a CA18DET machined piston(although that is almost ruled out)
Possibly a YPC piston.