Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable

Dear H-T Members,

maybe this might be the wrong forum to post in or it should be move to the Tech-Forum later.
However I was reading the Fujitsubo homepage to gather some information about the RM01A exhaust system and found a new exhaust system called Fujitsubo Legalis Viable.
Maybe I am kinda dumb, but what kind of exhaust system is this ?
It seems that you can change the piping diameter and air flow via a remote controler.
So can you explain that to me ?
I only know that Porsche is offering a similar exhaust system as an option, where you can change the volume of your exhaust system via a remote control.
Any input would help. Thanks

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-...00074
Old 10-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable (Totoro)

Fujitsubo has been around for about 5-7yrs. All stainless exhaust, pretty tough to get here, but very good quality. A friend of mines brought me their brouchure from the TAS last year. Very nice stuff. They pretty much make an exhaust for every car in J-land. Icluding offering a 60.5mm for Hondas listed by motor and chassis designation.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Re: What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable (MrDX)

But can you tell me something specifically about this new exhaust system "Legalis Viable"

Please look:
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-...00074

But nevertheless, thanks for that information anyway
Old 10-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable (Totoro)

It's not listed in my catalog, but it sounds like an electronic adjustable restricter plate.... The plate probably reduces the pipe diameter down to 50mm. It looks like small control box with a variable resistance **** on it to either open close and some settings in between. I've seen a similar set-up used on a Trans-Am, it's nice to quiet down an exhaust some if noise is the major issue. The Legalis comes in 3 different style exhaust cans... GReddy SP style, APEX'i Dunk style, and bullet style muffler. Chances are that it'll only offered in the bullet style since it has the least muffler padding.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of exhaust system ist this ? Fujitsubo Legalis Viable (MrDX)

By what i was able to translate... It has the ability to make the muffler into a Mugen style loop or just a straight through design.