Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what is a good price for a d series single cam vtech

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is a good price for a d series single cam vtech

i want to put one in my hatch but i dont want to be riped off......help. what are things to look for when buying. whats obvious to look for when the motor is tired, or just has the pis ran out of it? i need you help

thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: what is a good price for a d series single cam vtech (aaronPratt)

$400-600
Old 01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmotors
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VTEC, no H.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">VTEC, no H.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know why man...but this **** drives me up the wall. How can people be so retarded, spelling it incorrectly at least twice a day in different threads.

Where to people get the tech part, and why the hyphen? Have these people ever seen a valve cover, or it written somewhere?

But on the bright side, it really helps seperate people that know what they're talking about from the people that have no idea what they're even saying. As soon as I see it spelled V-Tech I automatically know its gonna be some 17 year old kid asking about a front end conversion or something that has to do with a Type-R.

/end rant
Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">VTEC, no H.</TD></TR></TABLE>

vtak!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (turboDeznutz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboDeznutz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

vtak!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vuh-Vuh-Vuh-VEEE-U-NIT!

Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

VTAKKKKKKK...sike but yea ummm idk prices and how much they are worth but ill sell u mine im bout to swap my car in a month or 2... nuthin wrong, has little over100,000 on it, but reliable.

Tranny whines a little but drives fine. Needs an axle but ill throw a brand new one in for 350 plus shipping. or pickup... Live in 20763 savage MD

other than that the engines great
Old 01-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i picked up the complete motor for 200. you just gotta look. that 350 is a hella good deal for all of that.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tjames8864)

yep and u live in baltimore so if u want ill meet u half way
Old 01-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know why man...but this **** drives me up the wall. How can people be so retarded, spelling it incorrectly at least twice a day in different threads.

Where to people get the tech part, and why the hyphen? Have these people ever seen a valve cover, or it written somewhere?

But on the bright side, it really helps seperate people that know what they're talking about from the people that have no idea what they're even saying. As soon as I see it spelled V-Tech I automatically know its gonna be some 17 year old kid asking about a front end conversion or something that has to do with a Type-R.

/end rant</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude I totally know what you mean, i swear everytime I go on his forum and look around, at least once a day someone post up a question about "VTECH", at first its funny but after looking at about 500 thread of VTECH its starting to get annoying, People should have some basic knowlege of how to spell Vtec instead of Vtech before they post.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: (RJonathan)

who really cares its just a word and we all know what the op is talking about. what if he has a disability where he has to put an h after a c when he is typeing. ah i dont care im tired oh yea no more then 300 for just the motor cause you can get a jdm d15b (samething) for 300. just look at the motor youll be able to tell if its beat on or not most will be but thats why there so cheap.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (e jay one)

i don't know what youre tlaking about, most WONT be beat on unless it's from some ricer. Anybody smart knows that an N/A d-series is slow, and most D-series' believe it or not are or were owned by older people that don't care about performance and only had a Honda for it's reliability and gas mileage. Not everybody with a civic thinks it's fast. You shouldn't in the first place!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurbdEG6)

i wouldnt pay more than 30-40 bucks for a vtech
Old 01-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: what is a good price for a d series single cam vtech (aaronPratt)

nagasaki motors 550
Old 01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Timmay)

nothing over 600 i think
Old 01-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GreyDel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt pay more than 30-40 bucks for a vtech
</TD></TR></TABLE> lol x2
Old 01-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, there's some high rollers in here, talkin 400-600 dollars..jeez...

Anywhere from about 0 - 400...anything over and you're overpaying. Seriously, 450 is what hmotors charges for a JDM D15B and they've got the biggest drill bit in the US that they can stick up your ***..

100% startup warranty = good
Circum 30k = good
Price = WTF????

They quoted my friend 800 dollars for a D15b, ECU, and shipping...that's without a tranny. Nothing like those 1000 dollar D-series stock builds, eh?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

id never pay over 600 for a full z6 swap in good shape
Old 01-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RJonathan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude I totally know what you mean, i swear everytime I go on his forum and look around, at least once a day someone post up a question about "VTECH", at first its funny but after looking at about 500 thread of VTECH its starting to get annoying, People should have some basic knowlege of how to spell Vtec instead of Vtech before they post.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't know why man...but this **** drives me up the wall. How can people be so retarded, spelling it incorrectly at least twice a day in different threads.

/end rant</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont see any questions about type r or front end conversions.

who the hell cares about spelling. Everyone sucks at spelling around here (even me). its people like you who try to up your post count by saying VTAKKKK and then show pictures of phones in engine bays trying to display your superiority because your an omnicient honda god. it was funny long ago, but its old. Let one person correct him, then answer his fricken question. so he didn't know. He is new, lay off. Everyone starts somewhere. We're here to help.

to the op, i wouldn't pay over 400. just wait to find a good deal on one, it will come if you can wait it out.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:47 PM

In his defence, what does VTEC stand for?

Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control. So you're all wrong!

Its VVTELC bitches!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (93eg2james)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93eg2james &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In his defence, what does VTEC stand for?

Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control. So you're all wrong!

Its VVTELC bitches!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

VTEC isn't an acronym, it's an abbreviation.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

VTEC isn't an acronym, it's an abbreviation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And how was he supposed to know that? Anyways, stupid subject. Lets move on.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

VTEC isn't an acronym, it's an abbreviation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is indeed an acronym.

<u>V</u>ariable valve <u>T</u>iming and <u>E</u>lectronic lift <u>C</u>ontrol

Every other word's first letter is part of it.

There's no specification that <u>every</u> letter has to equal something. USA is an acronym, it stands for the United States of America. Though if it every letter had to stand for something, obviously it would be USOA.

You're right though, and you're wrong O.O.

An acronym is a form of an abbreviation. An abbreviation like ttyl is an acronym, same with VTEC. An abbreviation such as inc or even Mr. or Mrs. isn't an acronym, but is still an abbreviation.

Acronym must be an abbreviation.
An abbreviation doesn't necessarily have to be an acronym.

My point's simple, it doesn't require a bashing either way. Though it is most definitely an acronym.

People say I split hairs....

Can't we all just get along.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (TurbdEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbdEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't know what youre tlaking about, most WONT be beat on unless it's from some ricer. Anybody smart knows that an N/A d-series is slow, and most D-series' believe it or not are or were owned by older people that don't care about performance and only had a Honda for it's reliability and gas mileage. Not everybody with a civic thinks it's fast. You shouldn't in the first place!</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha ya maybe in il come to california where people put intakes on d15b2 and think their fast. nobody old owns hondas in california any more cause they all got stollen and any honda 5 speed motor is beet on. but we got nice weather.

Quick Reply: what is a good price for a d series single cam vtech