Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1?

Hi
Does anyone know the REAL difference between an Exedy OM clutch or a Stage 1 Exedy clutch? How many HP wil they hold? Any experiences? Its for a d16z6 (eg5) civic.

Many Thanx
Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1? (EG5Boy)

Clutches are rated by torque capacity. Stage 1, stage 2, ect... are all made up by the manufacturer and don't represent the same torque capacities of different clutches. I don't know why they even call them stages.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1? (stealthmode62)

Thank you but now I still dont more than before
Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They'll both hold more than your engine's probably going to make.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1? (EG5Boy)

Just stick with oem
Old 01-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OEM unless you are building N/A, turbo, or S/C.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: (Redbone)

I have a Dc sports header Invidia cat back edelbrock intake.
You think its neccesary to go stage 1 Exedy? Or can I stay with a OM Exedy clutch?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG5Boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a Dc sports header Invidia cat back edelbrock intake.
You think its neccesary to go stage 1 Exedy? Or can I stay with a OM Exedy clutch?
</TD></TR></TABLE>Just stick with oem for that setup. Unless
your planning on going turbo.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: (adobospoon)

OM exedy?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

excedy is oem for your civic
Old 01-05-2007, 08:15 PM

How many Horse Power does a Exey OEM clutch hold?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a Dc sports header Invidia cat back edelbrock intake.
You think its neccesary to go stage 1 Exedy? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You could probably go to the junkyard and find a clutch disk someones used as a frisbee and it'll hold.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

Thanx for your usefull information
Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How many Horse Power does a Exey OEM clutch hold?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They'll both hold more than your engine's probably going to make.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Absolutely not", "not on a cold day in hell", "expletive no", "hell no", "**** no", etc.

What do you mean "stay" with an exedy clutch? If you're stock than it's not Exedy, if it's Exedy than it's not stock...so that leads one to the question of: "What in the expletive are you talking about?" - With your ignorance aside, whichever clutch you have in there now is fine for the small power you're making.

EDIT:
Hey PS, here's a tip.

If you're gonna keep building your crap NA D16 like this, get a new clutch when yours goes...not sooner.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I do my best to write English. Can you speak/write dutch? I dont think so....
So the only thing I want to know is if stage 1 is better for me the a OM exedy.
I dont want no talk about ignorance because if you write **** like this its better not to write at all.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

T<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do my best to write English. Can you speak/write dutch? I dont think so....
I dont want no talk about ignorance because if you write **** like this its better not to write at all.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

To me I dont think theres a difference. Just stage wise. Just stick with oem bro. Not worth getting stages unless your making real power.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do my best to write English. Can you speak/write dutch? I dont think so....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can't speak english, then why do you live in california ....

oh wait .... I forgot about all the mexican and chinese there too .... you're doing fine.

Don't upgrade your clutch unless yours is toasted.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you can't speak english, then why do you live in california ....

oh wait .... I forgot about all the mexican and chinese there too .... you're doing fine.

Don't upgrade your clutch unless yours is toasted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why so much anger?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (eg6sir-s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6sir-s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why so much anger?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I dislike when people who don't speak english join english speaking boards, and then bitch when people can't understand them.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG5Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do my best to write English. Can you speak/write dutch? I dont think so....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey bro, how about I drive your low end NA piece of **** D16 build up your ***. I don't give a **** if I can speak dutch or not, it's really not my problem NOR concern, though for you posting in an english forum obviously knowing/writing english is a ******* concern, so blow me.

Better for what? Hp tensions? Feel? Different people have different experiences with different ******* companies. I would take a stage 1 (assuming you're talking about ACT) any day over an Exedy. Though seeing as they're both Exedy they're both crap in my opinion so I'd keep the stock one you have.

The only thing exedy clutches are good for in my opinion is drifting, and since you don't do a hell of a lot of voluntary drifting in a civic I see that need not apply. Though that's simply my opinion/experience, others obviously will think differently.

Dumbass.

If you want to know the actual HP tension numbers (before they'll slip) LOOK 'EM UP.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because I dislike when people who don't speak english join english speaking boards, and then bitch when people can't understand them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow dude, I didn't even read ur post before I posted. Damn, you took the ******* words outta my mouth. Like I'm supposed to care if he speaks dutch. It's an English forum, so it's not my responsibility to know dutch in an English forum, but for him, it is his responsability to learn English in an English forum .

PS @ OP:
English is widely known by non-native English speakers as not only the EASIEST language to learn but the most commonly spoken world wide as well.

Now I am way too drunk and this screen is way too bright for me to keep bashing you, g'night.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Just shut up and and dont fill up my thread with your bullshit
Old 01-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now I am way too drunk and this screen is way too bright for me to keep bashing you, g'night.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hence, the anger...

Because I dislike when people who don't speak english join english speaking boards, and then bitch when people can't understand them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

tell us how you really feel...
Old 01-06-2007, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey bro, how about I drive your low end NA piece of **** D16 build up your ***. I don't give a **** if I can speak dutch or not, it's really not my problem NOR concern, though for you posting in an english forum obviously knowing/writing english is a ******* concern, so blow me.

Better for what? Hp tensions? Feel? Different people have different experiences with different ******* companies. I would take a stage 1 (assuming you're talking about ACT) any day over an Exedy. Though seeing as they're both Exedy they're both crap in my opinion so I'd keep the stock one you have.

The only thing exedy clutches are good for in my opinion is drifting, and since you don't do a hell of a lot of voluntary drifting in a civic I see that need not apply. Though that's simply my opinion/experience, others obviously will think differently.

Dumbass.

If you want to know the actual HP tension numbers (before they'll slip) LOOK 'EM UP.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Clutches hold torque, not HP...

Quick Reply: What it is Exedy OM or Stage 1?