Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what else for this motor?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else for this motor?????

just recently bought ls motor complete swap for 600 bucks and nothing is wrong with it..... now it already has a header and intake and i alreadyhave the exhaust on it. now since im not going to have the motor swapped into my car until late feb, what else should i do next for power while the block is out?
also how much does it help to replace the valvesprings because he was told that they should be replaced soon. so all and any info would be helpful.
thanks guys
also anyone looking for gsr wheels i have a set 4 sale with brand new kuhmo's from a 97 gsr painted black metalic. will trade for a clutch or for money...
Old 01-03-2003, 04:30 AM

Default Re: what else for this motor????? (juicedricer)

also one more thing, will the engine bolt directly in or will i need motor mounts. someone told me that i will need gsr motor mounts for the swap. but i was always lead to believe that the stock motor mounts would work...just need help lol i want to get this in asap lol......help
Old 01-03-2003, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what else for this motor????? (juicedricer)

Depends how much money you have and what you're aiming for. the LS block is good for boosting. Although it's safe to boost the LS at a low psi, it would be a good idea to replace some internals before doing so. If you're going to change the valve springs, you might as well change your rods and pistons, again it all depends on how much $$$. As far as motor mounts, I suggest you replace them when doing the swap.