Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What do you think of this civic im lookin at?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you think of this civic im lookin at? (JDMTURTLE)

look good, i like the car!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this civic im lookin at? (fowrdowr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fowrdowr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what ever happened to the days when guys wanted to pick up girls who weren't all in it for what the guy has, but what he can give?</TD></TR></TABLE>

when was this???
Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly ive never met a chick who likes civics, even the sexy s2k.

I wont even let my gf ride in any of my cars because my WS2 and mugen dont sound like her g35. She hates eg's like satan hates oprah, and lol's every time she sees a honda.

After 5 ex's all being similar, im thinking about stashing my civics and just buying a lexus is250 or something. If that civic was 1k i would buy it, only to strip it down and part it out. Otherwise stay clear
Old 02-14-2008, 03:20 AM

Default Re: (bigsyke)

Wow, you went through 6 GFs and they all said they hated your cars? Maybe it's not the cars, buddy...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep the ES300!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (svensko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svensko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, you went through 6 GFs and they all said they hated your cars? Maybe it's not the cars, buddy...</TD></TR></TABLE>

what the fail?

ive went through way more than 6, buddy...its eggs with fartcans and a mexican flag on the bumper that gave my clean *** cars a bad name. So I debadged the F out of them. Breezing through chicks is just part of life, you upgrade. I just said they didnt like my cars because they were honda's. They drove infinitys, lexies and benzes, technically in their eyes im driving a cheap *** economy car . I could have an nsx, and still I would be classed as a ricer to most white chicks.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

id buy it, but not for that price.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svensko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's an idea, find a girl that doesn't care about what you drive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you date someone that cared about what you drive. thats like not dating someone becuase you dont like their tv. idk about everyone else but if someone doesnt like me for who i am thats their problem.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Buying a car for status is about the dumbest, most retarded thing that I can possibly think of. Even if you win, you still loose. What you attract the crowds with, you have to keep them with.

If you're using a car to get a social status, you need to start crackin open some books.

I can drive the same POS 94 civic i have for the rest of my life and even if I don't wash it, it won't change my social status a single bit, because I don't associate with people that judge people based off of their material possessions.

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with this forum anymore. This is some of the worst garbage I've read.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if your buying a car because you think it will somehow change your life, you should just end your life
Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (DCSportEJ1Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Buying a car for status is about the dumbest, most retarded thing that I can possibly think of. Even if you win, you still loose. What you attract the crowds with, you have to keep them with.

If you're using a car to get a social status, you need to start crackin open some books.

I can drive the same POS 94 civic i have for the rest of my life and even if I don't wash it, it won't change my social status a single bit, because I don't associate with people that judge people based off of their material possessions.

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with this forum anymore. This is some of the worst garbage I've read.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not saying you buy it for a higher/lower social status, I'm just saying that in all actuality when you say you drive a civic by choice to "mod" people chuckle. It may not be in your face, but it's not the same, a lot of people base what they think of you on what you choose to drive. If you don't believe me then you seriously haven't met a lot of car people. Though I'd keep the Lexus quite simply because it's a better car than paying the ridiculously high amount for that car. Probably buying a stock civic and modding it from there would be better, IMO. Or buying a reliable car and banking the rest - depending on whether you save or spend.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigsyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly ive never met a chick who likes civics, even the sexy s2k.

I wont even let my gf ride in any of my cars because my WS2 and mugen dont sound like her g35. She hates eg's like satan hates oprah, and lol's every time she sees a honda.

After 5 ex's all being similar, im thinking about stashing my civics and just buying a lexus is250 or something. If that civic was 1k i would buy it, only to strip it down and part it out. Otherwise stay clear</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, normal girls are a problem amongst H-T'ers.

A civic simply not a chick car, people don't get it. As much as I hate the mustang - its a car that attracts women - same with a corvette, Viper, so on and so forth, a civic doesn't make it into that category to all but a few women.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you REALLy shouldnt be making extremely long post calling someones BS when you have NO idea what you are talking about.

wastegates are vacuum operated. at low load the engine makes more vacuum, holding the wastegate open. creating NO boost. as load increases vacuum decreases and the wastegate begins to close allowing boost to build.

BOOST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SHIFT POINTS OR RPM.

you can cruise at redline and as long as you have a steady throttle position you will be in vacuum not boost getting STOCKISH MPG.

i've seen 400-500whp civics on PUMP gas pushing 20+psi get 30+ mpg. care to argue still???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not in particular. I never gave a **** to "argue" in the first place.

While I don't usually deal with turbos, I've never seen a 500-700whp civic getting stock mpg.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Do you honestly expect someone with a turboed Civic to get the same gas mileage as a stock car? I believe their point was that you could if you NEEDED to. That is, if you had the self control to not go into boost at any given time.

Why didn't you respond to my post?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svensko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you honestly expect someone with a turboed Civic to get the same gas mileage as a stock car? I believe their point was that you could if you NEEDED to. That is, if you had the self control to not go into boost at any given time.

Why didn't you respond to my post? </TD></TR></TABLE>

He said it, not me. Of course I don't expect it - but what do I know - he said it - he has more turbo experience. So 40mpg 700hp civic ftw!.

Right.

Why didn't I respond to your post?

You mean the one where you said something along the lines of me assuming an LS1 makes peak HP everywhere? Because I never said anything about the LS1 making peak HP everywhere - you just kinda pulled that out of your ***. Not to mention I respect Bense and Schardbody, I don't know you, never-the-less, I never said anything that I would even remotely consider implying that the LS1 makes peak HP everywhere.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, normal girls are a problem amongst H-T'ers.

A civic simply not a chick car, people don't get it. As much as I hate the mustang - its a car that attracts women - same with a corvette, Viper, so on and so forth, a civic doesn't make it into that category to all but a few women.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

nooo...chicks that are into mustangs, vettes, vipers etc are after one thing..money...i dated a model for 2 years (became a model 6 months after we started dating), and when i met her i drove a 91 Accord that was falling apart and then i got a 2000 EX...she loved my Civic and the Accord..and it's cause she had character and wasn't a gold digging skank. girls just associate mustangs vettes and vipers with money. and i'll say this though..if you're buying a car or anything because you are worried about status, then you are expletivein pathetic.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nooo...chicks that are into mustangs, vettes, vipers etc are after one thing..money...i dated a model for 2 years (became a model 6 months after we started dating), and when i met her i drove a 91 Accord that was falling apart and then i got a 2000 EX...she loved my Civic and the Accord..and it's cause she had character and wasn't a gold digging skank. girls just associate mustangs vettes and vipers with money. and i'll say this though..if you're buying a car or anything because you are worried about status, then you are expletivein pathetic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

In case there was an implied question there, I drive a civic out of choice due to the gas mileage and reliability, so obviously it would be pointless for me to try to prove that it makes you less of a person. Though go to group of "car people" and tell them you drive a civic with a header, intake, and some brand name very loud exhaust - see what reaction you get - that explains it all quite quickly and easily. Tell them you have a twin turbo viper, it's a different look - not the same as with the civic.

As far as women go? I do agree with you - 100% in fact, though all those materialistic girls - make up the majority by a longshot. Making them "the norm."
Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no no, wasn't saying you drive one for status...just saying in general from other replies to this thread. and yea..you're right most "car people" see modding these cars as a joke...even if you are faster than 99.9% of the cars on the highway. no matter to me, as soon as i can afford a second car im buying another ej8 or hopefully an em1.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with bense, however;

I take pride in my cars, its my only hobby and pretty much 80% of my life. I love the way a black EM1 looks with bronze mf8's. If somebody scratches/dings my car, i draw schematics on how I will cut them deep.

However with todays standards, and im going to say this from my opinion, and from what ive seen.

Things are not the same, as they were years ago with women. 10 different states, they all seem to be the same now. They all seem to be about social status, and getting wasted, and moving from guy to guy. Its like a fad right now, scandolism- and thats no joke, everybody i know is going through this. They're girls are dumping them for guys with nicer audis, a cleaner porsche, a bigger ego and social status.

But I will never give up my main car. **** I even lost my wife because I drive a honda, and she met a guy with a benz, it was clear to her....A little boys car, or a business mans car. She used the cars to make a choice.

That wouldnt have happened a few years ago. But now thanks to paris hilton, and bitchney spears, these chicks are trying to live a fake *** lie. Look on myspace. They all seem to give up the peace sign, and pretend like their kissing the air.

So getting a car for chicks is pointless, because those are the type that will quickly hop onto another set of ***** the second you cheap out on dinner, or dont throw a massive party every night.

This is why I say expletive chicks, I will be patiently awaiting my order from kingmotorsports. So I say get a car you will enjoy, but just dont ruin it for the rest of us, like slapping a pair of altezzas on there, or a fart can, PLEASE!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigsyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with bense, however;

I take pride in my cars, its my only hobby and pretty much 80% of my life. I love the way a black EM1 looks with bronze mf8's. If somebody scratches/dings my car, i draw schematics on how I will cut them deep.

However with todays standards, and im going to say this from my opinion, and from what ive seen.

Things are not the same, as they were years ago with women. 10 different states, they all seem to be the same now. They all seem to be about social status, and getting wasted, and moving from guy to guy. Its like a fad right now, scandolism- and thats no joke, everybody i know is going through this. They're girls are dumping them for guys with nicer audis, a cleaner porsche, a bigger ego and social status.

But I will never give up my main car. **** I even lost my wife because I drive a honda, and she met a guy with a benz, it was clear to her....A little boys car, or a business mans car. She used the cars to make a choice.

That wouldnt have happened a few years ago. But now thanks to paris hilton, and bitchney spears, these chicks are trying to live a fake *** lie. Look on myspace. They all seem to give up the peace sign, and pretend like their kissing the air.

So getting a car for chicks is pointless, because those are the type that will quickly hop onto another set of ***** the second you cheap out on dinner, or dont throw a massive party every night.

This is why I say expletive chicks, I will be patiently awaiting my order from kingmotorsports. So I say get a car you will enjoy, but just dont ruin it for the rest of us, like slapping a pair of altezzas on there, or a fart can, PLEASE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

AMEN - however, i say expletive chicks too..literally. Never turn down moose knuckle. If you lose a chick cause of a car, then she was NEVER worth your expletiveing time....why the hell does it feel like Dr.Phil in here all of a sudden?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigsyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with bense, however;

This is why I say expletive chicks, I will be patiently awaiting my order from kingmotorsports. So I say get a car you will enjoy, but just dont ruin it for the rest of us, like slapping a pair of altezzas on there, or a fart can, PLEASE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with you 100%.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no no, wasn't saying you drive one for status...just saying in general from other replies to this thread. and yea..you're right most "car people" see modding these cars as a joke...even if you are faster than 99.9% of the cars on the highway. no matter to me, as soon as i can afford a second car im buying another ej8 or hopefully an em1.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, that's my only point. I'm glad somebody understands it right.

In any event, I'm tired, the rest of the people that are pissed off at me can all forward their hatemail **** to my PM box - Night.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

This isn't to make fun of you guys talking about the shitty women, but I really do feel sorry for you guys who have been dealing with stupid bitches for girlfriends.

I guess I was just damned lucky when I met my wife back in 1996 when I was 16, she 14, and we were both in high school together.

For the past 12 years we have been together, have never broken up, have never cheated on each othet, etc. etc. My wife was very popular in high school, cheer leader, wanted by all the guys, seriously, but she was never a materialistic *****/****/bitch like the women you guys keep talking about. she thinks the "cool" guys in Bimmers with $250.00 glasses are lame, the $400.00 purse bitches on TV are lame, etc. etc.

If you as guys are picking up "bitches" at bars what the fuuck do you expect from them?

This has spiralled into anything BUT Honda or Tech talk honestly, but I feel the need to set some **** straight about "every" woman is a materialistic bitch though. You guys might as well concede that every guy is a fuuking douche driving a Mustang or Camaro with a popped collar looking for the next drunken/iced out **** party.

I don;t know how you guys can modify your search for the perfect woman, but there are some nice ones out there who could give two ***** what kind of car you drove so long as it doesn't make her go deaf or bounce so badly that her head hits the head liner.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

again, those lovely days are done. All the chicks migrate to the bars, the days of meeting one anywhere else is slim, and if you do, she probably is hung over from the bar the night before.

Does anybody agree that Men seemed to have traded place with women? Women now days seem to have more of an out of control sex drive then men. Men seem to be more independant, and responsible. The divorse ratio has gone up, and the highest percentile is cheating women, or women not being happy.

The point is with todays media nothign will EVER get better. So if you get a chick that is worthy of your time &gt; over your civic, then dont ever take advantage of that.

/rant

Maybe girls are not attracted to civics because they seem unsafe the way some of the ricers drive them around? Girls that are into civics are a prize IMO
Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This isn't to make fun of you guys talking about the shitty women, but I really do feel sorry for you guys who have been dealing with stupid bitches for girlfriends.

I guess I was just damned lucky when I met my wife back in 1996 when I was 16, she 14, and we were both in high school together.

For the past 12 years we have been together, have never broken up, have never cheated on each othet, etc. etc. My wife was very popular in high school, cheer leader, wanted by all the guys, seriously, but she was never a materialistic *****/****/bitch like the women you guys keep talking about. she thinks the "cool" guys in Bimmers with $250.00 glasses are lame, the $400.00 purse bitches on TV are lame, etc. etc.

If you as guys are picking up "bitches" at bars what the fuuck do you expect from them?

This has spiralled into anything BUT Honda or Tech talk honestly, but I feel the need to set some **** straight about "every" woman is a materialistic bitch though. You guys might as well concede that every guy is a fuuking douche driving a Mustang or Camaro with a popped collar looking for the next drunken/iced out **** party.

I don;t know how you guys can modify your search for the perfect woman, but there are some nice ones out there who could give two ***** what kind of car you drove so long as it doesn't make her go deaf or bounce so badly that her head hits the head liner.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh hell no dude, i dont think every girl is a piece of **** or materialistic. like i said, i dated a chick for 2 years and was actually ready to ask her to marry me..but thats another can of worms im not opening up. but anyway, she could give 2 ***** about what kind of car i drove, the way i look or anything..i know they are out there, just gotta keep your eyes open. as far as guys who drive mustangs and camaros....if the car is stock and brand new...he's looking for p00ntang, and rockin the Super Saiyan 2 haircut (blowout)

RAWR!!! MY BLOWOUT RULES!@!!!! AND I WEAR ARMANI!!!

lol sorry - but this conversation can go on forever. Women crave structure, character and heart. Notice how i said WOMEN......little bitches/golddiggers...go after the guy who has cash, a panty dropper of a car, and then when they get that dude they are already making plans to go after the next dude as soon as that well drys up.

/rant
Old 02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Women crave structure, character and heart. Notice how i said WOMEN......little bitches/golddiggers...go after the guy who has cash, a panty dropper of a car, and then when they get that dude they are already making plans to go after the next dude as soon as that well drys up.

/rant </TD></TR></TABLE>
Agree, however do you agree the amount of "women" is decreasing?

it is in my eyes, and im not the only one.

"bitches" like tyra banks are destroying our economy. Britany spears is giving chicks false hope. The message tyra and britney give out is "you can get anywhere if you use sex to get you there"

Be more idependant, now its like people only unite for sex/money and then split onto the next adventure. Society has lost its morals and understanding of a relationship and comitment.

Oh and one more thing [go to ASU, see how many college chicks do **** there, it will make you sick]

I am comitted however to installing another fresh D series build, and swapping out the broke *** rusted bolts on the rear suspension.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks decent. Don't know about the cracked windshield but that definitely needs to be fixed. You should consider it.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I found an ej6 "so called EK in japan" for $1400 obo.

96, Stock. 100k miles, no rust.

There are better deals if you wait
Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 AM

im sure that the owner of that car is a member here , ive seen it here in the marketplace...
Old 02-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you have a frickin lexus and no job at 16... Grr I still don't have that much money to spend on a car several years later working full time (and full time student).
Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow what a thread! lol but i dont recall reading a post by this kid that said anything about getting chicks with the lexo or scocial status of driving either car
but it does seem like an epsisode of dr.phil in here
anyways probot i stole a qoute from you makes and excelent sig
and have fun in here guys

Quick Reply: What do you think of this civic im lookin at?