Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what to do with this ITR front clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do with this ITR front clip

Well I am going to be ordering an ITR front clip soon! Yay! But that kind of leaves me in a dilemma...

First off, its going to be a 98+ spec front end from a JDM ITR... I want to put the front end on my hatchcrap, because I think it looks good.

Now I have been contemplating on whether or not to make it RHD... I know you guys are gonna wanna flame me for this but "to each his own"!

I want to use as much of the clip as possible (the ITR dash) so if I were to make it RHD I would have to get an eg firewall, Correct??

I've done some searching the last couple days, and nothing really helped me out.

I am still a n00b at this, so im not looking for flames here, just some help... and if you have something negative to say just keep it to yourself... you can flame me once I get it all finished and the pictures up, so write down the flames save them to your computer and use them at a later time

Thanks

Modified by EGRhatch at 3:20 PM 8/26/2003
Old 08-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (EGRhatch)

anybody???

I just want to know if I can just swap out the firewall and be good?
Old 08-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rhd is NOT worth imo. but the front end conversion would be hot
Old 08-26-2003, 05:46 PM

ITR Front end conversion
Old 08-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

yeah the front end is going on for sure... I want an ITR dash, but last night I was just thinking that since the clip is gonna come with one... I could just use that, but then make it RHD...

The idea of RHD to me is kinda cool, but thinking about it today it seems that it will just be wierd feeling... but over time one could get use to it i guess..

Old 08-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (AtomicEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomicEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ITR Front end conversion
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats hott... I have never really cared for the mugen bumper...
but spoon92 gave me the idea awhile back.
Damn that car is sexy...
Old 08-26-2003, 06:00 PM

Aftermarket bumper crushes a factory bumper
Old 08-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (SIReg9)

why dont you go to any limo company talk to the manager/owner and ask where they purchase their cars? they will probably be local, and then ask the shop if they can do the swap/rhd for you...done

we've talked about this millions of time... do the research then come tell us what happened....
Old 08-26-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (88hf)

RHD Limo?

I don't think that RHD is worth it just for a dashboard.
And I will give you the 98% guarantee that its going to
be very fucked up. I would not pay for it until you saw
it with your own two eyes. Don't settle for pictures of it
because more then likely its not going to be the one you
are getting. Just my advice, having seen a lot of front clips
from Japan.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (88hf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88hf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you go to any limo company talk to the manager/owner and ask where they purchase their cars? they will probably be local, and then ask the shop if they can do the swap/rhd for you...done</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can do the RHD swap myself... that is not a problem, I have access to all the necessary tools/equipment... I was just trying to figure out if it would really be worth it.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (elwood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elwood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't settle for pictures of it
because more then likely its not going to be the one you
are getting. Just my advice, having seen a lot of front clips
from Japan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's kind of hard to go and look at one in another state before it gets shipped though... I do plan on oredering it through a reputable shop such as IAS or Hmotorsonline.com.
I agree with you that pictures are usually not what you will be getting.

In the clips you've seen, how do most of them look??

Thanks for all of your input guys
Old 08-26-2003, 08:30 PM
VTcivic

uhh you did say you were a noob. i think it would look dope. not my cup of tea, but dope none the less. and just get a usdm itr dash....
Old 08-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

have you seen the clip or are you guaranteed usable body panels... cuz in most cases the clip is more for shipping insulation (for you) and to open up valuable space and move stuff (for them).

either way generally clips aren't very usable as far as body panels are concerned (some don't even come with the panels.)...

and the dash (again unless you've got the hook up or have found a place that takes more care) will probobly be shot too... it's completely un-protected once it's the front end is cut from the rest of the car...

I agree with you though the conversion looks sweet on civics... I think it looks better then it does on integras...

Oh and to answer your question... I'm with everyone else... the rhd drive conversion will suck suck suck... forget cutting and welding in the firewall... just swapping the pedals is probobly a beotch... the whole thing is a LOT of work to end up with something that could end up getting impounded for being illegal...
Old 08-26-2003, 08:53 PM
itsoweezy

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (SIReg9)

mmmm stock bumper conversion... mmmm ... mmmm.... sorry can't say anything else...

mmmm

peace
Old 08-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to break this news to you but hold off on your plans for thast front end conversion because a lot of those front clips you get come with some fucked up body panels, my boy just got a S14 clip and he was thinking of the same thing witht he front end conversion but the only parts he could salvage was one headlight, the bumper, and a fender

EDIT: I just noticed that someone posted something just liek this already
Old 08-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh and to answer your question... I'm with everyone else... the rhd drive conversion will suck suck suck... forget cutting and welding in the firewall... just swapping the pedals is probobly a beotch... the whole thing is a LOT of work to end up with something that could end up getting impounded for being illegal...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am starting to agree with all of you guys here... all the work/time of me not having a car is too much vs. having a unique car... i think with the front end and interior it will be unique enough... well thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it
Old 08-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akaEsCo01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akaEsCo01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to break this news to you but hold off on your plans for thast front end conversion because a lot of those front clips you get come with some fucked up body panels, my boy just got a S14 clip and he was thinking of the same thing witht he front end conversion but the only parts he could salvage was one headlight, the bumper, and a fender</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude that really sucks... so would you guys suggest just buying a motor swap, would it be cheaper?

Old 08-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGRhatch)

frankly I think it's good insulation... if there are any extra parts then great maybe you can ebay them...

otherwise it's the engine/tranny getting bumped around... instead of the clip... I'd get a clip over a swap if it were the same price.... best shipping insulation there is...
Old 08-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

True... I was just thinking of that too, extra parts go to ebay/classifieds...

well now its time to start call IAS and hmotors!

Old 08-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could buy the motor and the front conversion seperatly or just have a body shop do a headlight conversion on your civic.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:07 AM

Default Re: (EGRhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGRhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well now its time to start call IAS and hmotors! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I only delt with a ghetto *** shop. If you went through a reliable place
like above and you specificaly tell them that you want good body
peices they will do it for you. Even the place I was with would do there
best, but it was small and didn't have a lot to chose from once it got to
the good ol' us of a.

I say go with the front end conversion, your already spending soo much
money whats another few hundred to get what you really want.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what to do with this ITR front clip (mulin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mulin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could buy the motor and the front conversion seperatly or just have a body shop do a headlight conversion on your civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would kind of defeat the purpose though... and it's not really cost friendly...
BTW: you should change your avatar before a Mod does it for you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elwood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only delt with a ghetto *** shop. If you went through a reliable place
like above and you specificaly tell them that you want good body
peices they will do it for you. Even the place I was with would do there
best, but it was small and didn't have a lot to chose from once it got to
the good ol' us of a.

I say go with the front end conversion, your already spending soo much
money whats another few hundred to get what you really want.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true... I think that if I explain to IAS that I want a good front end, they will try to get one for me with little problems...
well cool thanks for the input!

Old 08-27-2003, 01:03 AM

thats a civic front end with jdm itr headlights made to fit.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGRhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That would kind of defeat the purpose though... and it's not really cost friendly...
BTW: you should change your avatar before a Mod does it for you (send me a full size pic first )

very true... I think that if I explain to IAS that I want a good front end, they will try to get one for me with little problems...
well cool thanks for the input!

I'm sure that a reputable place would do that for a little more... but you still have to worry about it being bumped around in transit....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also lastly... do you know what you're getting into?

The jdm itr front end on a civic isn't the easiest thing to do by any stretch... I don't know about the hood but I know you have to cut the fenders and use the back half of the civic fender and the front half of the jdm itr... It would make sense to me that you had to do the same with the hood but I'm not sure... if so that's a LOT of work.... the fenders alone would be a lot of work and kinda a big risk depending on your body work skills....

good luck though... I would love to eventually do that front end on my coupe... but not very likely.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:48 AM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy with a JDM ITR front end on his coupe, all he did was graft the fenders together and everything bolts up since the DC and EG chassis are the same thing. You can do the same thing with a USDM front end on a EG, ive seen that 100 times.

Quick Reply: what to do with this ITR front clip