Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing???????

it seems there is way more civic guys then del sol guys, its just that the del sol questions are being drowned out by civic questions, can the del sol get its own listing????
Old 05-11-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (bubbajim)

technecally, the delsol is a civic....
Old 05-11-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (allmtr)

like i said, a del sol only listing
Old 05-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (bubbajim)

naa'
same engine setups' bigger audience to ask questions too.. combined knowledge = way better results.

my .02

btw: i drive a sol too' if there were a "sol only" listing i would still ask in the civic forum becuase i think civic owners out number sol owners' again more people = better knowledge and better help.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about different forums for 92-95 and 96+ civics? Or maybe the 7th gen civic.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:18 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (MLogan)

thats even a better solution.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:31 PM

get a clue dude, the del sol and civic are the same car.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (PhatHardy)

dude? whats your point? are you saying they are the same as in suspension and drive-train, or in looks?? my post was about the del sol questions being drowned out by the amount of civic questions, meaning an easier place for del sol owners to voice a question, so other del sol owners can help, read the question before you voice an opinion IDIOT.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:52 PM

On them being the same car, thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Drive a sol then drive an eg and tell its the same. **** no. I can see where this guys comin from since i drive a sol. the fact that they share mechanical parts is irrelevant. they are different in lots of ways. del sols are special cars. i believe there should be a sol only area as well.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:59 PM

Technically, the Del Sol was supposed to be the successor to the CRX. Weird, but true. Although you guys are right, it is about the same as the Civics of that time.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (kKdARIAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kKdARIAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">naa'
same engine setups' bigger audience to ask questions too.. combined knowledge = way better results.

my .02

btw: i drive a sol too' if there were a "sol only" listing i would still ask in the civic forum becuase i think civic owners out number sol owners' again more people = better knowledge and better help.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

this guy is right...i mean asking a del sol question is basically asking a civic question...at least mechanically...and this is a *tech* site...

same reason EF's and CRX's are put together, sure they are different cars, but they are essentially identical mechanically

if you wanna go talk about jdm del sol body kits and t-tops go over to superhonda.com
Old 05-11-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (BauleyCivic)

yo dude...if you really want del sol forum, PM me and i'll tell you where to go.

I'm not a fan of sending users to other forums, but the forum i will mention is the biggest del sol forum around, enough del sol gurus like myself to help you out.

-josh
Old 05-11-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (mospeed)

doing a split eg and ek forum seems like a reasonable request, except in this case you'll just end up splitting up sol owners as well. it would all be too confusing and in the end i think it wouldnt be worth it. just continue posting sol questions or comments here and make sure to make it clear in ur post title and the rest of us sol owners will be sure to take notice
Old 05-11-2003, 06:23 PM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (Pengo)

As much as I'd like a del Sol only forum, it's not needed, IMO. If you look at the del Sol forum over at Honda-Acure.net, there's only a few different topics a week. Besides, it's not *too* hard to apply Civic information to del Sols.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:26 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (PhatHardy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhatHardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a clue dude, the del sol and civic are the same car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh is it?? all my friends have hatches and coupes and i never see them take there tops off.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (cnydelSolHybrid)

screw it, i'm just gonna post it.

Want a big strictly del sol forum?

go here
http://www.automotivetech.org/...id=16

I agree with these guys, the more heads the better
Old 05-11-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
this guy is right...i mean asking a del sol question is basically asking a civic question...at least mechanically...and this is a *tech* site...

same reason EF's and CRX's are put together, sure they are different cars, but they are essentially identical mechanically

if you wanna go talk about jdm del sol body kits and t-tops go over to superhonda.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

A del sol only forum would be a waste of space, it probably would get very few posts. And not to mention the fact that pretty much most of the technical questions can be answered by civic owners, with the exceptions of questions about the targa top.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:01 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (starang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A del sol only forum would be a waste of space, it probably would get very few posts. And not to mention the fact that pretty much most of the technical questions can be answered by civic owners, with the exceptions of questions about the targa top.</TD></TR></TABLE>

perhaps you should check the link i provided above, not only is it the largest sub topic forum in the honda-acura section, but it basically is the largest forum on that site...and hondavision aka automotivetech.org isn't a small site, by any means.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you wanna go talk about jdm del sol body kits and t-tops go over to superhonda.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

YES SIR YOU ARE CORRECT ! this is https://honda-tech.com not http://www.honda-mods.com all questions here are about technical aspects of the civic, which is why unlike other sites ( not to point fingers but http://www.jdmcivic.com ) separate different models of cars, the only difference in the del sol coupe and hatchback are <U>appearance</U> NOT TECHNICAL !!! so if you want a forum to talk about that kaminari body kit that looks good on the del sol, or the street fighter wing then hotimportnights is the place to be, sorry thats not what this site is about, so when your ready to learn how your car works come here... arghh sorry to be such a basher put just givin you my input.. thanks !
Old 05-11-2003, 10:38 PM

Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (Honda_ej6)

not another IDIOT wasting space on the question, like i said before, read the question. del sol questions seem to be drowned out by the other civic questions, thats all, you know what, this was a total waste of time, this site sucks.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I want a delsol so I can do 100 on the freeway and bust the lid off that bitch!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:52 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bubbajim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...you know what, this was a total waste of time, this site sucks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-12-2003, 12:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bubbajim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not another IDIOT wasting space on the question, like i said before, read the question. del sol questions seem to be drowned out by the other civic questions, thats all, you know what, this was a total waste of time, this site sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, don't get pissy since you asked a pretty useless question. Most of the guys around here will let you know about it. Just take your lumps and move on.

And seperate EK and EG sections is probably the best suggestion for the next mod to the site.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bubbajim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not another IDIOT wasting space on the question, like i said before, read the question. del sol questions seem to be drowned out by the other civic questions, thats all, you know what, this was a total waste of time, this site sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
your the idiot that asked the stupid question.

and this site is the best honda site on the net, go ahead and look at other ones, you will be back when they cant answer simple questions.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 AM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing??????? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and this site is the best honda site on the net, go ahead and look at other ones, you will be back when they cant answer simple questions...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen, brother!

Quick Reply: what are the chances of having a DEL SOL only listing???????