Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

。◕ ‿ ◕。What is this called? Needed new parts 。◕ ‿ ◕。

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 。◕ ‿ ◕。What is this called? Needed new parts 。◕ ‿ ◕。

Looking to replace these following parts, but I don't know the names/item #s.

1. The black metal piece at the window
2. The splash guard? Years ago there was a 3 inch parking block and it caught under, nearly ripping my bumper apart. There is a black piece just hanging down...

Also the visor: anyone know where to get REAL ones, not the cheapo ones I have now?
Let me know if you guys know! Thanks - An
Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 。◕ ‿ ◕。What is this called? Needed new parts 。◕ ‿ ◕。

Old 07-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, I just replaced these last week, and you have to be pretty careful since the mouldings are easy to bend, scratch etc..Honda part #s are:
Molding 72410-SR3-003 @ $65 list
Molding 72450-SR3-003 @ $65 list

Mine came in from Honda the white clips that are already attatched to the moldings that don't need to be moved to fit right in place..the trickiest part for me was wedging them underneath the Side mirror triangles so they would fit, and all the clips would fit in the matching holes..I used a small screwdriver wrapped in E tape to carefully pry off the old molding (straight up).. I didn't remove my door panels, but have heard it may be needed on some cars..
Must say it looks way better and was worth the $100 + dollars the 2 moldings cost.

BTW- my 1st post !

Jerry
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anstitute
Also the visor: anyone know where to get REAL ones, not the cheapo ones I have now?
Let me know if you guys know! Thanks - An
Antstitute,

I assume that you're talking about sun visors, correct? If so then you can score legit OEM visors (part # 83280-S01-A32ZA) for $61.12 at hondapartsnow.com. That's where I buy cheap OEM parts for my '00 Si and '04 S2000

On a related note, is it wrong of me to be intrigued as to what kind of "cheapo" visors that you're rockin' on your Civic?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by techtalk
Antstitute,

I assume that you're talking about sun visors, correct? If so then you can score legit OEM visors (part # 83280-S01-A32ZA) for $61.12 at hondapartsnow.com. That's where I buy cheap OEM parts for my '00 Si and '04 S2000

On a related note, is it wrong of me to be intrigued as to what kind of "cheapo" visors that you're rockin' on your Civic?
He's probably talking about what looks to be the stick on WINDOW (Ventshade) visors. Not the interior sun visors.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, In my posting above I was referring to your Pic #1..I would call it a weatherstrip/trim molding, but the Honda description on my invoice is simply 'molding'..it's not related to a window visor per se..
Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

96-00 CIVIC 3DR DX KL 5MT: Interior/Bumper | Molding
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_p...onGroupID=1861

72410-S03-003 (R)
72450-S03-003 (L)

"SR3" is for 92-95 Hatches...
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_p...onGroupID=7390

Have A Great Drive!
JasonGhostz
Old 07-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JerryCFL
Hi, I just replaced these last week, and you have to be pretty careful since the mouldings are easy to bend, scratch etc..Honda part #s are:
Molding 72410-SR3-003 @ $65 list
Molding 72450-SR3-003 @ $65 list

Mine came in from Honda the white clips that are already attatched to the moldings that don't need to be moved to fit right in place..the trickiest part for me was wedging them underneath the Side mirror triangles so they would fit, and all the clips would fit in the matching holes..I used a small screwdriver wrapped in E tape to carefully pry off the old molding (straight up).. I didn't remove my door panels, but have heard it may be needed on some cars..
Must say it looks way better and was worth the $100 + dollars the 2 moldings cost.

BTW- my 1st post !

Jerry
Wow, $120 worth of moldings! Time to save up! Thanks, on my way to get mine...my moldings are horribly disfigured thanks to years in Houston heat.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
He's probably talking about what looks to be the stick on WINDOW (Ventshade) visors. Not the interior sun visors.
That's absolutely correct. The ones you can simply throw 3M tape onto and just look plain-jane. There are ones that "look" bolted on, with less flare and are closer to the windows.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...454782&page=16
Check out Road-Pirates
Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JasonGhostz
96-00 CIVIC 3DR DX KL 5MT: Interior/Bumper | Molding
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_p...onGroupID=1861

72410-S03-003 (R)
72450-S03-003 (L)

"SR3" is for 92-95 Hatches...
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_p...onGroupID=7390

Have A Great Drive!
JasonGhostz

Hi, my mistake on the part #s ! I do have an EG hatch, vs your coupe so the part # will different, though it is still the same type of part..I found the parts for mine @ Majestic Honda, just have to look them up..I have read that you can refinish yours by sanding and painting, if they are in good shape, but my new ones really do look nice (but seem pricey for what they are)..

Jerry
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

number one is called a belt moulding
Old 07-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JerryCFL
Hi, my mistake on the part #s ! I do have an EG hatch, vs your coupe so the part # will different, though it is still the same type of part..I found the parts for mine @ Majestic Honda, just have to look them up..I have read that you can refinish yours by sanding and painting, if they are in good shape, but my new ones really do look nice (but seem pricey for what they are)..

Jerry
It's no problemo! I know exactly what to get now Jerry! Gracias
I do agree that $120 for moldings sounds crazy...but I've got no other choice
Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go to majestic honda. you enter in what car your looking for parts for and then look under moldings like said above. It has also been said you can sand and repaint. that isnt a good idea because they aren't painted they have a thin rubber coating which after many years of sun abuse cracks and falls off. best way to make it look good is to come out of pocket and buy new ones. Tho I also think they are over priced it makes a world of difference. And when you go to replace them do not "wedge" them under the mirror. best way to put them on without messing them up is to remove door panel (screw under door handle, in arm rest pocket, and under speaker panels) then the triangular plastic piece for the mirror is just held in by clips. take that off and there are 3 small nuts holding on mirror, also take off exterior door trim going vertically up side of window.( 3 screws on inside of door somewhat hiding behind door seal) after all that is removed your good to go replace your molding and repeat all in reverse and your in business.
P.s. I just did this GOOD LUCK
Old 07-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: 。◕ ‿ ◕。What is this called? Needed new parts 。◕ ‿ ◕。

Originally Posted by Hondenver
Go to majestic honda. you enter in what car your looking for parts for and then look under moldings like said above. It has also been said you can sand and repaint. that isnt a good idea because they aren't painted they have a thin rubber coating which after many years of sun abuse cracks and falls off. best way to make it look good is to come out of pocket and buy new ones. Tho I also think they are over priced it makes a world of difference. And when you go to replace them do not "wedge" them under the mirror. best way to put them on without messing them up is to remove door panel (screw under door handle, in arm rest pocket, and under speaker panels) then the triangular plastic piece for the mirror is just held in by clips. take that off and there are 3 small nuts holding on mirror, also take off exterior door trim going vertically up side of window.( 3 screws on inside of door somewhat hiding behind door seal) after all that is removed your good to go replace your molding and repeat all in reverse and your in business.
P.s. I just did this GOOD LUCK
Sweet thanks x1000! I was trying to find a DIY somewhere but I think this will be enough. Hope this helps other people other there...