Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what bar/brace is this called?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what bar/brace is this called?

what bar/brace is this called that is pictured, that bolts up to front upper seatbelt to the rear passenger upper seatbelt?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (zerogravitycrx)

top fuel makes that bar. camp1320 sells it. let me find out really quick...

edit: couldn't find the one that camp 1320 sells but i found this for you.

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/for...35310
Old 11-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (ADVAN EG2)

and this

http://www.memoryfab.com/detail/?id=45

edit: and hey, i found it!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1145701&page=1
Old 11-07-2005, 01:45 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (ADVAN EG2)

Thats the thing that suppose to be some sorta lateral brace but works to hold a race harness in place?

EDIT: Thats a nice civic except for the stupid canards, door visors, front licence plate, window sticker, and midget mirrors that probably dont work.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats the thing that suppose to be some sorta lateral brace but works to hold a race harness in place?

EDIT: Thats a nice civic except for the stupid canards, door visors, front licence plate, window sticker, and midget mirrors that probably dont work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hold a race harness in place?? how did you come up with that
also, what makes all the things you listed stupid?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats the thing that suppose to be some sorta lateral brace but works to hold a race harness in place?

EDIT: Thats a nice civic except for the stupid canards, door visors, front licence plate, window sticker, and midget mirrors that probably dont work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, front license plates are real stupid, especially when your state requires them.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (gftgrill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gftgrill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, front license plates are real stupid, especially when your state requires them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea that does suck, but i dont have to have one in front so i jus feel sorry for people who do...

i like the window visors tho
Old 11-07-2005, 09:11 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (sockvtec)

Yea window visors are ugly, and when you open the window, you dont get all that wind in your face, so thats no fun.

Back to the brace. I was thinking of this rollcage, and the sideways bar was used to attach the top part of this green race harness, which was a 5 point seatbelt. I was thinking that maybe this single bar would do the same.

I'm not sayin the licence plate bracket isnt needed, im just sayin it spoils the front lines of the car, and gets in the way of the radiator flow (sorta) and increases drag (a tad) and just doesnt look good. The canards are functional, but lets face it, a sliver of carbon stickin out aint pretty. Yea the mirrors are ugly lookin, and id get it some side skirts and paint em the orange, because its got a front and rear lip, and needs the side skirts painted (some lower ones) so it all flows, but I like the color, its nice.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the wondow visor, miget mirrors, carnard, and LP but to each their own.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:24 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (VTHONDABOY)

man you LIKE the tiny mirrors? they got exposed bolts and you probably have half the visibility. but whatever.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 AM
3rd g3aR vTak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
EDIT: Thats a nice civic except for the stupid canards, door visors, front licence plate, window sticker, and midget mirrors that probably dont work.</TD></TR></TABLE>Your pretty picky about a car , for somebody who's car looks stock. I think the car looks hot. I'm into rice I guess.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:18 AM

Okay, we all agree that the car looks nice. I like everthing this guy did to his car...cause we all know what ricey is and this car is definitely not ricey. I might have done it differently, but I'm going to give him credit for his work.

-The side skirts should not be any lower because his front and rear lips are both honda factory styled parts. That's how the Type R looks from factory...with stock side skirts.

-C'mon, we all know that the license plate does not effect performance that much.
All That rambling about the license plate blocking the radiator and increasing drag sounds like Blah, blah, blah, blah.

-One more thing, If you didn't know...window visors are in.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (omega02379)

Who has been poisoning Redline96LX's mind?

I thought we were all on the same page? Eye to eye?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (civichbcx)

Im telling you aestetics from the 'real' point of view, not the JDM/rice view that that car appears to elicit. Ok, so my car looks close to stock, but im into simple and clean.

That civic is close to a showcar, and maybe some performance (cept the windows.)

In the real world, door visors and sunroof visors are not cool. There cheap plastic that affect aerodynamics. My friend had em, came with the car. Its sunny, your cruisin down the street. You open the windows and sunroof hopin for some air, but you get none. with my 4 door, i open the 2 front windows all the way, and the back right, and i got the wind through the cabin, and its just great.

The canards on that car look JDM and rice (or whatever ya call it.)

There is that saying "form follows function." with the canards and wing and mirror, this car looks like it was designed for track racing. However, the canards are a waste of time UNLESS this car WILL race at about 100 miles an hour. putting them on my car is just added weight and a carbon bit riveted to the bumper.
The brake shims are blue, now why? It contrasts with the rims. I love the rims, hell I almost bought a set except for the "g" engraved in the side. I found no one that would bondo and paint my rims to get rid of it.

Most track cars are covered in stickers, but this i see one for suspension, and one for a website, making me think this is NOT a sponsored car, although it may be. Its not pretty enough to be advertized as shown by the side mirrors, or they would have at least painted the 3 screws black to make them more discrete.

Now IF this is a track car AND showcar, then the carbon on the front could be justified (tho why they didnt paint it i dont know). The carbon fiber on the front looks like it is signed, so this would be a racecar -- 'as clean as it could be given the necessity of aerodynamics.'

But then the jhpUSA makes me believe this is a USDM civic, thus why add the sidemarker? EKs have good blinkers as is, thats added weight and un-aerodynamic, thus making me think this is SOMEwhere between a showcar and a semi-street racer. its nice, but some things were sacrificed in the name of racing, and other not, so it feels a little hypocritacal. Like a guy buying a carbon hood for 500$ and then putting in a 20lb subwoofer box. Maybe something Id do, but id paint the hood, although i wouldnt drop THAT much money on it. id want the carbon to be discrete, and the sub for fun. if my car was a racer, no sub tho, no extra anything.

Street racers have their own rules. Light parts AND heavy stereo. Just to be cool, but the lightweight parts are a waste it seems. I can justify every part on my car, ask me sometime, hehe.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
3rd g3aR vTak

I never intended to offend you. I like all styles. Your car is nice and clean. But it just seems that everytime a pic of a car gets on here , it gets raped. NOBODY likes it cuz it's not theyrestyle. You just gotta give props where they're deserved. Remember : candy , kick , candy.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:38 AM

aside from the diffusers and canards everything on the body of that car is OEM. maybe JDM OEM but OEm non-the-less.

as for the door visors. maybe he doesnt have a\c. now b\c of his door visors, when it rains he doesn't have to chose between getting soaked or burning up from the heater in order to defrost his glass.

dude has a TON of money invested in his car and you're thrashing it b\c he bought top dollar parts for a reason that you dont know. you dont know any background on this car (mod list, purpose) and it appears that you cant recognize the ones that are in front of you.

then you go on to start complaining about the aeordynamics of a HONDA CIVIC !!!!!!!!!! guess what? aerodynamics fall under the same arguement that you made about the diffusers.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the canards are a waste of time UNLESS this car WILL race at about 100 miles an hour. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you assume that just because everyone doesnt put sonar red\clear tail lights, aluminum grilles, and ichibahn pedals on thier car then they're a ricer. you need to look at the thread in your signature(specifically the mod-list) before calling other people ricers.

and next time you want to speak about function over form dont talk about strapping a harness to a ******* c-pillar bar.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (Mr. Wonderful)

holy **** chill out man. Just calm down. Ok maybe a C-pillar bar isnt strong enough for a harness, but are 6 point harnesses really needed? I mean my stock seat belt has yet to let go of me, and I'm really fat. I'm guessing a C-pillar bar is pretty weak then if you cant strap a belt to it or what??

Also, I dont think that a car with that much wouldn't have a/c, but maybe he doesnt. Do those thin *** visors really block rain? i guess if the rain is going straight. But if its hot, and raining, and you open the window, you'll need the defroster on or you'll get it so humid in there that the windows fog up, correct me if im wrong. I'm not "thrasing" the car, this is constructive criticism. Do you know him personally? If i were to thrash it like i talk **** about frontiers, id flat out call it ugly. But its not ugly, I love the paint, overall I like the car, but its the details that take from the good looks.
I did not assume he was a "ricer" and personally dont care cause thats a subjective term and has little definition.

About the canards: I don't see them as totally necessary, but if your racing, and can get carbon fiber cheap like I can, then they will help at HIGH speed stability, but on the roads may decrease fuel economy, which makes me think this could be a racer over a street car.

The thing is that yes, omega, the picture is taking some criticism, but this is not the best forum for that, I admit. however the original question was regarding a c-pillar bar, which if you dont know what it is, the picture doesnt help because its a side shot, and you couldnt see it...assuming a C-pillar bar DOES go between the B-pillars of the car.

But heres where I'm confused. If it is a racecar, one that can get nicked and stuff and take the torture and endurance test, why spend that much money on the paintjob? Most likely to show it off on the track for photographs maybe, but its clear the guy has money, to buy expensive paint, carbonfiber, and have everything look pretty clean means he spent money on that attention to detail, but still its not really good looking enough to be a showcar, but why the expensive paint on a racecar? I wonder what his angle is.

If i were to see it comin down the street, Id give it a 7/10 based on sheer aestetics, cause i like the paint, and some of the details arent me.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you gotta love the side mirrors
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (civic_driver)

how small is the mirror? its like half the size of stock, can you see behind you?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks more like 1/3 or 1/4 the size of stock

it reminds me of those big *** cartoons with tiny hands.. weird but cool
Old 11-07-2005, 01:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (civic_driver)

Well, maybe cool I guess. Id paint em. wait, no i wouldnt. I mean I understand sacrificing function for looks, but theres a limit, right? I guess if you overcompensate with a HUGE rear view mirror thatd be ok. Oh, or get cameras. Thatd be kewl.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by one ******* retard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im telling you aestetics from the 'real' point of view, not the JDM/rice view that that car appears to elicit. Ok, so my car looks close to stock, but im into simple and clean. </TD></TR></TABLE>
is it simple and clean or poor or stupid
this is ******* retarded, side markers slowing down your car because of weight, give me a brake
Old 11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But then the jhpUSA makes me believe this is a USDM civic, thus why add the sidemarker? EKs have good blinkers as is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha jokes on you... there is no usdm ek you <FONT SIZE="4">******* retard.</FONT>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> However, the canards are a waste of time UNLESS this car WILL race at about 100 miles an hour. putting them on my car is just added weight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

your one smart cookie

<FONT SIZE="12">STFU.</FONT> and have a nice day
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (DiRT!)

boy.... i should've used another picture! oh well, thats only one i found didnt have dark tinted windows!

so this B+C pillars, do they sell them in B pillars? so i am guessing these bars stregthen the body to reduce body/frame twist? what are bar/brace recommend for?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: what bar/brace is this called? (DiRT!)

Sidemarkers slow cars down, right

Dude you say that and u have all kinds of system **** to add weight??!!

Quick Reply: what bar/brace is this called?