Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Whale Penis

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whale *****

Hey guys i searched for awhile and couldnt find an answer so can you please help me out and just give me a strait answer. I am going to be buying a memory fab carbon fiber "whale *****" intake for my 99 si. I know how short rams are like top end and CAI are lowend or whatever but how would a j's racing knockoff be? I am using it for autocross and dont want to lose power anywhere in the rev range. What do you guys think considering autocross is like the whole rev range but i would say mostly top. Thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Whale ***** (TurboEM1)

damn i was hoping to see a picture of a whales *****. if you do auto cross why not buy it just to see what kind of gains you get. if did auto cross i would have had to try all three intakes for my self.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy my J's racing intake instead.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Electrician

Get the J's Racing replica for $100. Exactly the same thing and same output.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Whale ***** (e jay one)

Password has a good carbon replica as well.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i was hoping to see a picture of a whales *****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a great thread in the ITR forum that has just what you're looking for.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Whale ***** (Kendall)

yea ive seen the picture before its sorta disturbing.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly think its not gonna make any noticable differnce in performance as say a iceman, AEM or anyother intake would.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:09 PM

anyone know where you can get the replica for $100.. on password it was like 160 or something...
Old 06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybridevul)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridevul &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know where you can get the replica for $100.. on password it was like 160 or something...</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.sportcompactonly.co...9&l=2

It's not cf though.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 PM

lets see, bolt ons are just that, if u expect serious power from a air intake you have tons to learn, if ur autocrossing most likely the intakes gonna be useless due to heat soak depending on the length of the track etc , but mainly intakes just for a lil show and maybe 5 crank hp? lol ive never seen gains on a intake unless it was on my 300zxtt and even then it was because of JWT(jim wolf technology) ecu on a honda it makes it sound deeper and takes off some weight, unless ur puttin down 200+at the wheels a intake doesnt apply much more power.. go for headers maybe, or catback, cams, from what i hear those things are expensive, just tryin to help.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 PM

hah i love when people argue against intakes even if you throw a dyno sheet right in their face... im not taking sides and saying intake is a must have crazy mod... but its proven to give gains...and dyno's measure whp not crank.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

um i think u got it mixed up. Cold airs are actually a better intake, but some think its unsafe to drive them in anything but sunny weather. They hydrolock engines if you suck up too much water. That idea is the main reason why i dont have one, but i also have the whale dick and its great. CF is just for bling in my opinon... replace the air filter that comes with it tho... it sucks...
Old 06-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets see, bolt ons are just that, if u expect serious power from a air intake you have tons to learn, if ur autocrossing most likely the intakes gonna be useless due to heat soak depending on the length of the track etc , but mainly intakes just for a lil show and maybe 5 crank hp? lol ive never seen gains on a intake unless it was on my 300zxtt and even then it was because of JWT(jim wolf technology) ecu on a honda it makes it sound deeper and takes off some weight, unless ur puttin down 200+at the wheels a intake doesnt apply much more power.. go for headers maybe, or catback, cams, from what i hear those things are expensive, just tryin to help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont expect serious HP. Quite honestly i am just hoping not to LOSE power. Most autocross tracks are about 60 seconds long so i am not sure about the heat soaking. I have read with carbon fiber you dont need to worry about heat soaking.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That idea is the main reason why i dont have one, but i also have the whale dick and its great. CF is just for bling in my opinon... replace the air filter that comes with it tho... it sucks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which one did you buy? Password JDM? Memory Fab? J's?

Also does anyone know if the memory fab has a hole for the IAT sensor? What about the password jdm one?

Also the password jdm one is carbon fiber laid over fiberglass does anyopne know what the memory fab one is?

Thanks

Modified by TurboEM1 at 7:03 AM 6/15/2005
Old 06-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whale ***** (e jay one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i was hoping to see a picture of a whales *****. if you do auto cross why not buy it just to see what kind of gains you get. if did auto cross i would have had to try all three intakes for my self. </TD></TR></TABLE>

THERE YOU GO&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
Old 06-15-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Whale ***** (MrPotatoeHead)

http://www.passwordjdm.com cf js style
Old 06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whale ***** (MrPotatoeHead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrPotatoeHead &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THERE YOU GO&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

"king kong aint got **** on me"
Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the password one and it's great.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (papito_85)

I have the pwjdm intake also.

It's probably better to get the cheaper one and buy a new filter. They both do the same thing. I had to go with the cf bling though.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Trial User

Prism, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also the topic of heat soak drive me nuts, someone in the ITR forum did some testing on heat soak and basically found out that once the car is moving it is not that much of a problem. Add in some shielding and a fresh air source and you should experience very little heat soak.

I have the generic J’s style intake with a homemade air box around it and I love it. I autocross all the time, street mod class, and I think the J’s style intake is great for autocross. Good power throughout the rpm range and excellent throttle response. No complaints from me.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Whale ***** (stock93cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock93cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha

"king kong aint got **** on me"</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha..........
Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Whale ***** (95d15red)

whale ***** rofl dude got ur wish i guess :/
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whale ***** (DeMen7ed)

just an update guys. I bought the memory fab one. Ill post pics once installed
Old 06-16-2005, 10:56 AM

i would recommend the comptech icebox setup, it's expensive, but it gives great throttle response, is very quiet, and looks stock in the engine bay. Also don't have to worry about big puddles. I wish I had a dyno to prove gains, but the butt dyno seems to be picking up something...LoL.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dwnthehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwnthehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the pwjdm intake also.

It's probably better to get the cheaper one and buy a new filter. They both do the same thing. I had to go with the cf bling though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice engine bay troy clean as always
Old 06-17-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Whale ***** (prism)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets see, bolt ons are just that, if u expect serious power from a air intake you have tons to learn, if ur autocrossing most likely the intakes gonna be useless due to heat soak depending on the length of the track etc , but mainly intakes just for a lil show and maybe 5 crank hp? lol ive never seen gains on a intake unless it was on my 300zxtt and even then it was because of JWT(jim wolf technology) ecu on a honda it makes it sound deeper and takes off some weight, unless ur puttin down 200+at the wheels a intake doesnt apply much more power.. go for headers maybe, or catback, cams, from what i hear those things are expensive, just tryin to help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

Quick Reply: Whale Penis