Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

well im on my 2nd eg hatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well im on my 2nd eg hatch

i just traded my b16 swapped ef hatch that needed body work and interior work for my friends very clean rust free 1994 eg6 that was repainted 6 months ago

mods:

b18a1 swap
converted to obd1
itr header
itr style intake mani
under drive pulleys
intake
fuel rail
full exhaust
b16 hydro trans
stg1 clutch
kyb agx struts with skunk2 lowering springs
front and rear upper strut bar
jdm headlights
jdm corner lights

the problems:

its running the p72 ecu right now untill later today because my friend was going to go lsv but didnt have the money to do it

i really dont know what i want to do to it because everything is done, its runs real strong! what would you guys do to it next? i was kind of thinking a cf hood, cf duckbill, front lip and then leave it but anyways let me know what you guys think

Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: well im on my 2nd eg hatch (slammedz6ef)

I think either you or your car really loves leaves. But on to the question, my first mods would be a drop and some new wheels. But it sounds like a great car. Good luck with it.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: well im on my 2nd eg hatch (EKstacy)

hmm its dropped only 2.5in all around and im done with slammed cars because it messes up the suspension

but thanks man, yea im trying to look for the j mags

OH and yea the car was playing that day because it was begging to lol j/k
Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

r u planning on doing something special with the car like do drag or track or autoxing? or r u just planning on making it look good?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good platform to start with.tons of potential.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: well im on my 2nd eg hatch (Ej Girl)

Yeah man the whole leaves atmosphere is kind of odd, but whateva floats your boat. But going back to the question, it seems like a stong car. If I were you I would just do some exterior mods to clean it up. Like:
rims
maybe a lip
paint job

you know the common stuff.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those are some really awesome leaves...can we see some pics of the car please

jk dude, very nice - drop it a little bit more to get rid of that wheel gap, throw a front lip on her and just take care of her - oh and most importantly...SECURITY!!(imagine dave chapelle as rick james saying that)

good luck dude
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

got swaybars?
got rear drums?
got cams?
unless you're happing being slower than a camry i think i'd address those areas before spending money on carbon fiber
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

got swaybars?
got rear drums?
got cams?
unless you're happing being slower than a camry i think i'd address those areas before spending money on carbon fiber
</TD></TR></TABLE>

why there is nothing wrong with having cosmetic work done to the car if he is happy with the way it is - even if he does plan on making it faster, what does it matter?? my old ej8 was stock except for SRI, wheels and thats it...and all i had planned for it was suspension, WS2, SI front lip and a carbon fiber hood.

even if i put a GSR motor in my car, its still not an ariel atom...so that means a car shouldnt have carbon fiber??
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well...since you got the ls motor in there and a few bolt-ons.....i would go for the suspension next.....sway bars...maybe a coilover kit....
and definetly do a integra brake conversion...

oh but before anything else....security!
im not saying install a alarm and call it a day....
alarms are only for noise....you need kill switches.....autolock....quick release for your steering wheel.....and a indoor gararge would be nice.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (autoponicz)

well first off id get rid of that ls motor for a JDM single cam... than boost... than tune the boost... than go on a boost frenzy... thats what id do IMO anyways...
Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 AM

lokks good
Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice lookin car man. mostly cause I'm working on a white eg sedan right now so i'm partial. if i were you, and you want it too look nice, just do somethings here and there. throw on some cool mirrors, get you a lip kit if you don't want to lower it. go for the mugen style, it's simple and strong lookin without goin all out and having a ricer look. maybe a rear too. I'm a little partial to the mugen stye. throw some side skirts on too and you'll get the look of being lowered without having to do so. Get some new rims, maybe throw some new headlights in it. All in all though, it already looks pretty clean man. nice car.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yours looks way better the white '93 I just picked up! Carbon fiber can attract thieves... I'd go with the things related to go over show myself but to each his own.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (MMastro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by autoponicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh but before anything else....security!</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2
Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 AM

Default Re: (MMastro)

I'll trade my clean title 95 si hb for a white hb anyway. What can i say, im a sucker for white hatches . Good platform to work with man!!!! Im jealous. Here i would do if it was my car.

Lower it a bit more with some decent suspension
Paint the vent and grill on the bumper black with a si/ex front lip
axis oldschool wheel gold
skunk2 lca with asr subframe and a beaks bar to bring out the wheels.

And boost the LS

If only i had a white hatch

Modified by spintboy at 10:36 AM 2/5/2008
Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt no honda made street swepers lol jk clean
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by autoponicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>
x10000000000000000000000000

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

got swaybars?
got rear drums?
got cams?
</TD></TR></TABLE> dude im done with being fast im getting sick of being well known with cops, this hatch picks up decent, not as fast as my b16 but it will do
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spintboy)

thanks everyone for the comments, it rides way better then my old ef did and its not rusted like my old ef was lol ill keeep you guys posted on the hatch
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (autoponicz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MMastro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yours looks way better the white '93 I just picked up! Carbon fiber can attract thieves... I'd go with the things related to go over show myself but to each his own.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by autoponicz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well...since you got the ls motor in there and a few bolt-ons.....i would go for the suspension next.....sway bars...maybe a coilover kit....
and definetly do a integra brake conversion...

im not saying install a alarm and call it a day....
alarms are only for noise....you need kill switches.....autolock....quick release for your steering wheel.....and a indoor gararge would be nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea im happy i have a garage and thats where my car is sitting right now because its raining! .......yea i baby this hatch way to much

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swapneeded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> lokks good</TD></TR></TABLE> thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ej Girl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">r u planning on doing something special with the car like do drag or track or autoxing? or r u just planning on making it look good?</TD></TR></TABLE> im just probly going to go autoX on it just because str8 line is old
Old 02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: well im on my 2nd eg hatch (austinkli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice lookin car man. mostly cause I'm working on a white eg sedan right now so i'm partial. if i were you, and you want it too look nice, just do somethings here and there. throw on some cool mirrors, get you a lip kit if you don't want to lower it. go for the mugen style, it's simple and strong lookin without goin all out and having a ricer look. maybe a rear too. I'm a little partial to the mugen stye. throw some side skirts on too and you'll get the look of being lowered without having to do so. Get some new rims, maybe throw some new headlights in it. All in all though, it already looks pretty clean man. nice car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man.