Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

water bubbles in tint!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Bubbles in Tint!

I put my rear tint on and made sure there was no AIR bubbles b4 i let it dry in the sun for 2 hrs.....the sun is going down now and after examining the tint I see there are water bubbles..... Will the water bubbles disapear over more time or is there something I can do to get rid of them??
I already tried squeging them out but its near impossible considering the tint around the water bubbles is already dry.
I need help immediateley b-cuz el sol is going away slowly but surely
Old 09-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: water bubbles in tint! (EJ1^LORTA)

use a needle and puncture the center and push the water out
Old 09-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: water bubbles in tint! (o5mar1)

mine just dissappeared after another day in the sun. but the pin thing might work too....
Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: water bubbles in tint! (ridiculous)

When you put on any film, you hopefully used soap and lots of water. Put soapy water inside of the bottle and spray the fawk all over the window. Wipe around with your hand to spread evenly. After the film is in place, with lots of water there should be no bubbles. Now you squeegee the excess water out and be careful not to let any air in from the edges.

I wouldn't put a pin in it and have a pin mark now.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: water bubbles in tint! (dpkelly)

u have to be real carful when installing tint it should be in the sun n drying while squiging out the water...if u have a few water bubbles dont worry they will probably go away depending on their size and as for the pin thing it works real good just make sure to wait u dont wanna do it if u dont have to
Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 PM

What about the air pockets that extend to the edge of film(some are fixable but other air pockets just won't stay down)?? Is there a special technique when tinting a big surface area such as the rear window or do you do the same as you would w/ smaller window??
Old 09-29-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (EJ1^LORTA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1^LORTA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about the air pockets that extend to the edge of film(some are fixable but other air pockets just won't stay down)?? Is there a special technique when tinting a big surface area such as the rear window or do you do the same as you would w/ smaller window??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can use a hair dryer for this. If you have a hot air heater, this works better. As for the putting a pin in the air bubble, I am not sure, as I am not sure about leaving the car in the sun another day longer. Once the air bubble is in there, it is pretty much impossible to get it out.

As to the thread starter, if you properly were able to get out all of the air bubbles out when applying the tint, then there shouldn't be any in there after a couple of hours.

-Shane
Old 09-29-2005, 07:34 PM

why not spend 50 dollars and have a profesional do this?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Horseman)

Try this website out.
http://www.tintdude.com/tint.html
Rear tint is difficult due to the curve in both horizontal and vertical planes. It has to be done in pieces. It's like trying to wrap a basketball with paper. The website seems to explain this. Learn something new everyday.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpkelly)

no need to use a pin and they are NOT impossible to get out. Ignore them for a couple months and they go away assuming they are small (like less than 1/8 inch diameter. I've been tinting for years, the water eventually evaporates and leaves.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: (Falqon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no need to use a pin and they are NOT impossible to get out. Ignore them for a couple months and they go away assuming they are small (like less than 1/8 inch diameter. I've been tinting for years, the water eventually evaporates and leaves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But he is asking about air bubbles. I have been tinting for a while, and once an air bubble is in there, it is NEARLY impossible to get out.

-Shane
Old 09-30-2005, 07:18 AM
H-T White Ops

needle works like a charm. Just make sure you do this before the tint and adhesive dry.