Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance

This may have been obvious, but i'd never seen this type of post warning people..
A word of caution for those who use them, make sure if you're ever in an accident to replace it with your stock one. I lost 1000, off the value of my car, with my TEKNIQ auto detachable, but luckily my insurance Co. is not the one who has to pay, and i put the stock one on in time before the other guy's insurance Co. looked at it. Like i said, be sure to keep your stock parts so that you can switch everything back over in case of an accident. It sucks, and takes up space, but "better safe than sorry" is a great feeling.
Just keep this in mind when you do stuff like this to your cars, so that you won't get screwed in the future.
Stay safe, and don't speed on the street...unless ur the only one...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (SuzukaBlueEh2)

This was what i was thinking when i wanted to change my steering wheel to an aftermarket one. I was afraid my insurance company wouldnt pay me if i got into an accident. Lucky i didnt change to an aftermarket wheel. I have gotten into two accident that required an ambulance. My car was towed to some storage place where it sat until the insurance company guy came to look at it. I didnt see my car until after the insurance company guy looked at it. The storage place manager wouldnt let me unbolt anything at all. I had to leave everything that was bolted down. That really sucked. I talked to my insurance company about this too and they said that if i did have the aftermarket steering wheel they might not have covered my medical bill too which was like close to 10 grand. each accident. So something to think about people. DRIVE SAFE!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (blueeg)

I say it in every aftermarket steering wheel thread I see.

Taking out your airbag is not only stupid, it's illegal.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say it in every aftermarket steering wheel thread I see.

Taking out your airbag is not only stupid, it's illegal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm don't argue with that, but i never planned on crashing
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Taking out your airbag is not only stupid, it's illegal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, it is legal, if your original air bag has gone off. You aren't required to put an air bag back in.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, it is legal, if your original air bag has gone off. You aren't required to put an air bag back in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Crazy...the only reason i wanted the detachable, was so my car wasn't stolen when i went to work.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueEh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm don't argue with that, but i never planned on crashing </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you know that "crashing" can come to you. You just never know.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Warning: Aftermarket Steering wheels and Insurance (all_conference)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all_conference &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hope you know that "crashing" can come to you. You just never know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really, i never knew that. Damn my whole life has been a lie. I guess when i got rear ended 3 weeks ago, i forgot about that?
Dood, the " " face means i was being sarcastic...
Old 02-09-2006, 08:40 AM

that sucks i wonder what theyed say if you had a jdm civic wheel
Old 02-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuzukaBlueEh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really, i never knew that. Damn my whole life has been a lie. I guess when i got rear ended 3 weeks ago, i forgot about that?
Dood, the " " face means i was being sarcastic...</TD></TR></TABLE>