Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wanted to Paint My Car But Needed Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted to Paint My Car But Needed Some Help

i wanted to repaint my car..to a diffent color
anybody know any site that teach u how to do paint job's?
or wat kind of tools i need to do the paintjob..
or how to..please give me some info and help me out.thanks
Old 08-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted to Paint My Car But Needed Some Help (DJ NauTicz)

I am really big on doing things one's self and learning how to do everything and all of that, but honestly if you're asking these kind of questions, I'd say let a reputable shop paint you car. If you really wanna do a quality paint job yourself, go to message boards on auto body, buy at least a really big compressor (at least >10 cfm @ 90 psi), a mig welder w/ gas, a 6" d/a sander, inline sander, sanding blocks, hvlp paint gun (prefferably a good one), etc etc. Expect to pay probably about a grand for all the equipment (if you get good deals) and another 500-800 for some good paint. Don't quote me on this because you can get away for much less money probably, or spend much more, but you get what you pay for and good equipment helps make a good quality job go more smooth. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanted to Paint My Car But Needed Some Help (DJ NauTicz)

nothing wrong with wanting to learn. if your the diy type then having to buy all those tools would be just a bonus because in the long run your gonna need them anyway. yes, your gonna spend all that money on tools that could have gone to a really quality high end paint job but you don't get the satisfaction or credit for it. i don't know your experience level or cash flow but if money isn't really an issue then go for it. if this is gonna be a long term hobby then spending money on tools is a given. your gonna make it all back anyway. when you get good you can charge people. and even if you don't make the money back the biggest reward is the knowledge you gain from doing it yourself. you don't have to buy all the tools at once. just buy the main essentials. you can buy the rest later when money is available. i don't think anyone went out on a shopping spree and just bought everthing unless their spoiled and grew up in a rich family. because most of us probably got in to this **** in high school we obviously didn't have money for tools at that time. so what did we do? we started off with the basic and then started to buy more tools a little at a time. i started off with just a socket set when i was 14 and now i have a garage full of tools which range from automotive tools to auto body tools. i also have 2 compressors, and mig, arc, and gas welder. tools are expensive but don't get discouraged. if you want to learn you gotta start somewhere. here's site will help you with everything you need. most of the guys on this forum are older and really know what their talking about. the person that runs this forum also sells his own set of how to paint and body videos. he also answers most of the questions on there when he's available. here the link. good luck! http://www.paintucation.com click on fourms....
Old 01-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Wanted to Paint My Car But Needed Some Help (19civic93)

i was tryin to learn..so..nothing's wrong with know more about it..and do ur car by ur self..nah mean..