Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Voltage and resistance reading on ECU

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Voltage and resistance reading on ECU

Does anybody have the voltage or resistance readings on any ECU?
Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: Voltage and resistance reading on ECU

Can you be more cryptic?

If I put my lead on one part of the ecu lid and the other on just about any other area of the ecu lid, I get about 3 ohm resistance and zero volts.

If you are talking about specific pins of the 50+ pins of a specific ecu, you will have to be more specific.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol. I checked for voltage on my ecu lid and it's only getting 100 horsepower. I was wondering at every pin. Does anyone have a schematic like that already? Thanks

Originally Posted by TomCat39
Can you be more cryptic?

If I put my lead on one part of the ecu lid and the other on just about any other area of the ecu lid, I get about 3 ohm resistance and zero volts.

If you are talking about specific pins of the 50+ pins of a specific ecu, you will have to be more specific.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 AM
Hysterically Calm

no, yer welcome
Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eric5984
Lol. I checked for voltage on my ecu lid and it's only getting 100 horsepower. I was wondering at every pin. Does anyone have a schematic like that already? Thanks
What in tarnation are you smoking? voltage does NOT equal horsepower. I highly suggest you stop working on your vehicle until you know what you're doing. If you insist on doing it yourself, pick up a Factory Service Manual. It'll tell you VOLTAGE (not horsepower) at each pin
Old 04-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Hysterically Calm

Originally Posted by Krauthammer
What in tarnation are you smoking? voltage does NOT equal horsepower. I highly suggest you stop working on your vehicle until you know what you're doing. If you insist on doing it yourself, pick up a Factory Service Manual. It'll tell you VOLTAGE (not horsepower) at each pin
I believe this is a troll thread and you just got pulled in.

No ECU was named, obvious rhetoric was tossed out, and even when attempting to bring out the info, response was cryptic and vague.

Should just let this thread float to the bottom with the rest of the muck and mire.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Lol. I checked for voltage on my ecu lid and it's only getting 100 horsepower. /sarcasm

but seriously I was wondering at every pin. Does anyone have a schematic like that already? Thanks
I think hes being serious tomcat. Its harder for us to read it because younger generations are raised in burbles amd snaps, and were only use to reading Microsoft word outlines for texts. Todays generation doesnt use microsoft office, just smart phones

Anyways to answer your question, yes. There are multiple "pinouts" of ecus online to tell you wajt voltage to expect in every situation from every pin.

The factory service manual details these. You can also find the pins by searching on google
Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm 34 and an industrial electrician. I know its not horsepower and what manual tells you voltage? Every manual I own has color code and termination points. Thats it. I couldnt find one on here and was hoping everyone would chip in and make a diagram for the ones that want to learn. Help them come to an understanding just in case they have and open or short circuit.

Originally Posted by Krauthammer
Old 04-23-2019, 05:16 AM
Hysterically Calm

I'm 34 and an industrial electrician. I know its not horsepower and what manual tells you voltage? Every manual I own has color code and termination points. Thats it. I couldnt find one on here and was hoping everyone would chip in and make a diagram for the ones that want to learn. Help them come to an understanding just in case they have and open or short circuit.
The factory service manual provides voltage on many pins. However, it's not all in one spot.

For example, to test the O2 sensor, the FSM has you short together two pins and read the voltage between two other pins etc.

You would need to go through all the diagnostics and piece together all the bits of information into one consolidated reference.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright I guess I'll get a factory manual and do a write up on it.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Hysterically Calm

Alright I guess I'll get a factory manual and do a write up on it.
Thanks,
Eric
I hope you understand that one FSM will only cover a couple of ECU's. You never did specify any specifics. As such your "write up" is not going to be any kind of end all be all resource, it will only be for the specific ECU of that trim and year vehicles.

The 92-5 civic manual does not apply to the 96-98 civic which is also different than the 99-00 civic, All of which differ from the similar year accords, which differ from the preludes which differ from the Acura integra, which differs from......

I think you get the idea.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I understand. I'll even put the ecu part number. Just trying to help people learn on their own instead them having to post things repetitively. It'll give them a chance to do hands on themselves.

Originally Posted by TomCat39
I hope you understand that one FSM will only cover a couple of ECU's. You never did specify any specifics. As such your "write up" is not going to be any kind of end all be all resource, it will only be for the specific ECU of that trim and year vehicles.

The 92-5 civic manual does not apply to the 96-98 civic which is also different than the 99-00 civic, All of which differ from the similar year accords, which differ from the preludes which differ from the Acura integra, which differs from......

I think you get the idea.