Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me

Ive decided to write and explain to all of you guys my situation. Im in no way bashing the company, but to let all you guys know about my experiences. I personally wont be buying anything from VIS Racing Sports ever again.

My girlfriend bought herself a VIS carbon fiber trunk for her 00' Si on friday. She bought it because VIS is supposedly a reputable company that makes somewhat quality parts. Anyways, I went ahead and installed it onto her car but encounter a few problems.

1. Fitment was garbage. The part of the trunk lid that met the rear bumper had about 2 1/2" gap. That is even with the trunk springs taken out. And about a 2cm gap between the quarter panels and the trunk lid. I tried adjusting it but it was no luck.

2. The key hole was drilled wrong. It was not drilled in the right location. Because of this, the locking mechanism made it impossible for the trunk latch to close. All the holes were drilled in the wrong locations making it impossible to get the locking mechanism and latch assembly to work at all. The license plate light housings wont even fit because the holes they drilled for it was completely off centered and in the wrong locations. THESE ARE ALL SIGNS OF A DEFECTIVE ITEM. There was no way to work around it or adjust it right.

So VIS racing was called and they said "all items are sold as is" and that they will not be taking it back. They were extremely rude on the phone. After about 4 calls, they finally said that they would take a look at it but wont guarantee anything and that we have to pay shipping both ways.

I mean it could be worse but its basically their fault that their trunk was defective. They were being ******** until they finally said they'd take a look at it, but we gotta pay for shipping. At least they could front the shipping back to us if it was defective.

I know a bunch of you guys have vis products and couldnt be happier with them. But i guess my gf bought a pos. VIS didnt have to be ******** on the phone. They have shitty *** customer service.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (lilxvtecxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lilxvtecxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> VIS didnt have to be ******** on the phone.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

True

I have heard great things about VIS and i'm sorry but i have to ask....did you make sure your gf bought the right trunk for her car?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (QuikJaysun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuikJaysun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i have to ask....did you make sure your gf bought the right trunk for her car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

First thing that popped in my head too.

I've installed a few of their CF hoods, never with a problem.
Even their full kits fit pretty damn good.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (D16Z6racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D16Z6racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First thing that popped in my head too.

I've installed a few of their CF hoods, never with a problem.
Even their full kits fit pretty damn good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not trying to rag on his girl...but i've never heard of anything from VIS like this.

Old 03-06-2004, 01:09 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is really surpising from VIS....sure you didnt get an eg trunk or somthin?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:38 AM

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (Hella_JDM)

yea im 100% sure she bought the right trunk. and also, the key hole on an eg coupe is not one the license plate panel like on a ek coupe. its just the key hole was drilled so off of alignment that the locking rod wouldnt lock the latch assembly. the damn trunk wouldnt shut.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:42 AM

im gonna see what i can do about it tomorrow or monday. hopefully, she wont be stuck with a really expensive paper weight. ive always stood behind VIS products, but now ive lost faith in them because they have the shittiest customer service ive seen in a long time. hopefully we'll get some kind of refund so she can get a seibon one.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

keep trying to get through...try to get through to upper management and tell them the situation...

is the trunk still in the condition it was upon arrival?

they should be quick to remedy this problem...it seems that it would be in their best interest anyways...
Old 03-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Eek, Hope you get what you need.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:27 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (SSBPjdmEG)

i think if you talked to the right person at VIS they can probably help you out. if they were a reputable company it is their duty to do so.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

VIS is local to me. they're in 626 area code right? i believe they're within an hour drive.
anyway, if i could do anything productive...let me know.

as for me, i purchased a VIS hood and know many other peeps with VIS parts and no one has had problems. i've seen a couple 00ebp si's with the VIS cf trunk lid so who knows.

let us know what happens.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:14 AM
overrated.

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (VtecBio009)

look at my awesome fitting ViS hood guys!!

never again from ViS
Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 AM

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (OnePointFive)

dam man i would sell your cf hood and get another one, **** thank god for hood pins other wise you would have had no windshield
Old 03-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what type of lip is that on your car?
and where can i get it?
Old 03-06-2004, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h1coupe)

looks like a wings west lip.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yuh not trying 2 be a dick but that hood lines up like ****
Old 03-06-2004, 06:18 AM

didnt some make a right up on how vis hoods didnt fit eg's with b series swaps????
Old 03-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would ask for an exchange, making perfectly clear which model you have. could it be possible you were sold a trunk for a sedan when you have a coupe or vise versa? CF products were kinda crappy as far as fitment and quality a few years ago, but i think they've really improved in the last year. i have a VIS cf hood on my 96 and it fits great. i hope someone at VIS steps up and resolves this before they end up w/ a bad reputation.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: (Slammed92hbonN20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammed92hbonN20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yuh not trying 2 be a dick but that hood lines up like ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

its clear he is saying that the fitment is **** from VIS not from his install
Old 03-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (OnePointFive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnePointFive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look at my awesome fitting ViS hood guys!!

never again from ViS </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yours might have fit like ****, but mine fit absolutely perfect in every way (after I figured out the new ones do not lear B Series engines!):

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=572161

A sample pic - hoods don't fit any better than this:

Now does this guy's trunk lid fit like ****? I'm sure it does if he's saying so, but you need to call whoever sold you the hood and TAKE NAMES of the people giving you shitty service.

I've never seen any VIS hoods that did not fit right, but this is a different product. I've also heard their hatches fit good too, but again we're talking truck lids.

Keep us updated.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:20 AM

There's a local race shop here in FL, when I asked them a bout VIS, they said they would never deal with them again. Apparently they had a job to install a VIS CF body kit and it all fit like **** and wouldn't line up right according to the guys at the shop... It took them like a week to get it resolved and looking half way acceptable. And they are pretty reputable guys that have been in business for a long time too. The one guy there has been in the auto body repair business for like 15 yrs so I trust they knew what they were talking about.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:27 AM

You should take the truck on a plane with you fly over there and tell them you want your money back and that their product is a piece of ****. I have heard so many sories of VIS anything not fitting right. The productits self is good just the measurements and quality of design are horrible.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me (b16si)

I had to wait for a ******* month to get my CF hatch tailgate in from VIS. They never shipped it out when they said they were going to(until finally). They had bullshit cutomer service. I have yet to intsall my hatch, so we'll see. It sure looks nice, but they definitely treat their customers like ***.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a eg and my VIS cf duckbill fits like **** sits up to high. the hood doesnt fit to great i have to push super hard on it for it to latch. the window squirter holes are too big and there was a defect in the clearcoat beside that it looks nice.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:00 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (wisjdmhonda)

damn thats shitty. fly over there with the trunk and demand a better quality product. i bet the wont be ******** in your face and if they are.... hmmm u have a trunk lid in ur hands...smack em n say "im rick james biiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch!!!!!"

j.k

call back, get names and threaten to sue. or report them. dont let them push u around.

Quick Reply: VIS racing gets a thumbs down from me