Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

VIS Hoods / Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS Hoods / Products

Just to let all of you guys know VIS hood are garbage ( i dont mean to bash them but i am speaking from expierence .

I had a VIS hood fly up on me on the freeway

i also used to work at fiber images and know the hardwork and quality that is put into each hood that is made.

again im not badmouthing anyone or trying to get props for my friends company but i just want to help people avoid accidents. i've personally put all my fi hoods to the test and never had a bad exp. walked on them jumped on them all of it. i know that VIS hoods are all mass made through machines and have ok quality all of Fiber images hood are hand made with great quality.

sorry to post in the wrong area just trying to help .....
Old 01-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (jdmwanabe)

Whats the manufacturing process that makes the vis hood garbage compared to the fi ?

Edit: I have heard nothing but good stuff about vis fitment and quality.

Modified by Evil_gambit33 at 6:29 PM 1/12/2004
Old 01-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a VIS hood fly up on me on the freeway </TD></TR></TABLE>

Let me guess...no hoodpins?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Let me guess...no hoodpins?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hoodpins aren't rice, use them!

I've heard of alignment issues with VIS hoods, but popping open while driving is common for a lot of CF hoods as far as I've heard.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a VIS hood on an EG6, and the fitament, fit and finish are excellent. Sorry to hear about your experience, but comon man, no hood pins? you can't run at the track without them. wonder why? hmmmm.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (jolt-tsp)

I have owned 2 VIS hoods. Both had a sticker inside the hood stating "HOOD PINS ARE REQUIRED". I never used them and had no problems and I drove over 30,000 miles a year at hwy speeds.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:30 AM

I've had my VIS hood on my EK coupe for almost 2 years now with NO HOODPINS and I've had 0 problems...My friends also rock the same hood with no problems...Don't go bashing a company for your installation mistakes.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (dwnthehatch)

my buddy bought a brand new vis carbon hood with the carbon skeleton for his ek like 3 months ago...and allready the thing is cracking all over the place

ive had my first gen fiberimages hood for more then a year and i can walk on the hood and it dosnet crack ..if i did that to a vis hood it would shatter....
Old 01-12-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (97Civic-R)

i've heard mixed reviews on both VIS and FI products. just depends on the hood i guess.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (Ronin Panda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ronin Panda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my buddy bought a brand new vis carbon hood with the carbon skeleton for his ek like 3 months ago...and allready the thing is cracking all over the place

ive had my first gen fiberimages hood for more then a year and i can walk on the hood and it dosnet crack ..if i did that to a vis hood it would shatter....</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm..you can walk on your carbon fiber hood....i GOTTA see pics of this
Old 01-12-2004, 09:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Civic-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm..you can walk on your carbon fiber hood....i GOTTA see pics of this</TD></TR></TABLE>

for sure..its not uncommon..once i get my kaa out of storage id be happy to take pics

all vis hoods are good for is cutting up and making carbon fiber blockoffs out of them
Old 01-12-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (Ronin Panda)

okay..I just don't see how that would be possible..maybe i'm wrong though..I love my VIS hood..almost 2 years old and just like new
Old 01-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^

im not trying to take sides..
why are you selling it?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RaYnE)

stfu and close ur hood next time

whats the point of jumping on fiberimage hoods anyway?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:48 AM

my buddy has a fiber images hood on his eg and the thing would fit better on a chevy celebrity than it would on his car
Old 01-12-2004, 09:50 AM

i dont know what type of VIS hood you got but i got the newer one with the cf skeleton. i am very happy with it, it fits good and i dont need hood pins for it. i know this because on the VIS hood there are predrilled holes so you can put back on the rubber trim thats on the oem hood to keep air from getting underneath. also, the latch is pretty sturdy and at highway speeds, i have yet to see any shaking or anything. although i did get some hoodpins, i dont think im gonna install them.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaYnE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^

im not trying to take sides..
why are you selling it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me and a group of friends all ordered hoods for our EK's...We all put are hoods on except for one of my buddy's and a few months later he owed me money and didn't really have it but still had the brand new VIS hood so I took the hood instead so I have 1 on my car and 1 brand new one I'm trying to sell.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97Civic-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Civic-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me and a group of friends all ordered hoods for our EK's...We all put are hoods on except for one of my buddy's and a few months later he owed me money and didn't really have it but still had the brand new VIS hood so I took the hood instead so I have 1 on my car and 1 brand new one I'm trying to sell.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, just didnt make sense that you were selling a hood you were saying was awsome..
Old 01-12-2004, 09:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaYnE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, just didnt make sense that you were selling a hood you were saying was awsome.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol its all good
Old 01-12-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (dwnthehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwnthehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have owned 2 VIS hoods. Both had a sticker inside the hood stating "HOOD PINS ARE REQUIRED". I never used them and had no problems and I drove over 30,000 miles a year at hwy speeds.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

beautiful
Old 01-12-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (mrchris386)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrchris386 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

beautiful</TD></TR></TABLE>the eg looks damn good
Old 01-12-2004, 09:56 AM

like your name says, wanabe. never would have a problem if u had pins.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (distortedfuture)

u dont NEED pins. i race my **** without pins and it stays closed.

please expalin on HOW the hood flipped/ripped open

did the skin rip off or did the hood flip open from the latch???

if the skin ripped open then its vis' fault. but if it flipped from the latch than thats on ur stupidity
Old 01-12-2004, 12:11 PM

hmm..you can walk on your carbon fiber hood....i GOTTA see pics of this</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not uncommon. i read an article a few years ago about CF and how they're constructed, etc... they parked a car on top of one for 10 minutes and it didnt budge. just depends on the quality. if you get a poor quality hood, you could just sit in the wrong spot and "CRACK!"
Old 01-13-2004, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VIS Hoods / Products (Mar_EK)

I saw a video where three guys were jumping on a hood. Then dropped a wheel w/tire from a 10 foot ladder onto the hood, then ran the hood over a few times with a 2nd gen integra, had a few scratches, but it looked like they could polish it out. Not sure which hood it was though.

Quick Reply: VIS Hoods / Products