Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

...VIS heads,Ordered VIS duckbill through Prostreetonline, received it, no vis badge, good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...VIS heads,Ordered VIS duckbill through Prostreetonline, received it, no vis badge, good?

...Whatsup guys...

**EDIT ...UPDATE...

***After just getting off the phone and speaking to one prostreet rep, then being transferred to another, I was told that it is in fact a vis product, that simply, the hoods come with vis stamps, but the duckbills do not, they "assured" me that it is a vis duckbill ... I am not putting down prostreet in anyway, but that does seem odd to me, and i honestly do still have my doubts, can any vis eg duckbill owners verify that for me? any of you guys bought the wing new and it didnt have a stamp? im still curious ... ******

Well, I ordered a vis carbon fiber duckbill via "special order" through prostreetonline.com about a month ago...In my initial search for the duckbill, i came up empty but figured shootin prostreet a call to see if they can get it anyway, by special order through vis, as a vendor, sure enough, the guy told me yea...

...Told me how much it was, whatever whatever, i paid, he also elaborated me on the worldwide CF shortage thats been goin on as of late, and that i prob. wouldnt get my order for at least 3-4 weeks, ok , fair enough...
...My order status on pro street still says "processing", even up to this moment...

...So i come home today to find a package from Cali, addressed to me...It does not say prostreet anywhere on it, but w/e, it was a special order, but it is supposed to be a VIS duckbill, and while the CF seems very nice w/ a good weave and whatnot, it does not say VIS anywhere on the box, or more importantly, the duckbill itself...I always though VIS products were stamped VIS, regardless of what type of product they were ... i know the hoods are, do some vis duckbills just come not stamped? or did i actually get a non vis cf duckbill? im in the dark, shed some light guys...

Modified by QualityMaterial at 10:00 AM 5/17/2006
Old 05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
NooB

Default Re: ...VIS heads,Ordered VIS duckbill through Prostreetonline, received it, no vis badge, good? (Qua

from what ive seen they should come with a stamp logo unless its a old style version like when they first came out they didnt put there stamp logo on there product.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...VIS heads,Ordered VIS duckbill through Prostreetonline, received it, no vis badge, good? (Qua

I've had my VIS hood for almost 4 years and it came with a badge...and I've had my VIS hatch for about 6 months and it came with a badge too.If your happy with it,then I wouldn't worry to much about it.How do you like the fitment?In in the market for a duckbill myself.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Every VIS product I've ever seen has that badge, IMO you got shafted. I'd call the up on it.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Trial User

Even tho it looks like i have my answer, while i wait for prostreet to open up before i call them, anyone else?...

Modified by QualityMaterial at 9:19 AM 5/17/2006
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

VIS stuff always has a badge on it.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it fits...VIS isn't that great of a company anway.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Trial User

up for an update...
Old 05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Trial User

help?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Trial User

up
Old 05-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try AC forum