Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

:vent: stupid hick shops won't touch my "modified import"

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:45 AM
WalkingKenshin

Default :vent: stupid hick shops won't touch my "modified import"

I went to 4 local shops to get an aligment, each said they can't work on it cuase the susspension is modified. wtf. people suck, i asked one guy how come his friends mustang was aliged after he got his susspension done. he said it was a tottaly diffrent animal, these "little civics never line" so i then backed out and laid a 50 foot patch. **** these hicks right out my bov

anyone else have this import in a domestic area problem
Old 03-09-2004, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: :vent: stupid hick shops won't touch my "modified import" (MoogenToad)

That makes no sense, and that sucks...
Old 03-09-2004, 08:48 AM

well by the public jackassery you displayed can you blame them. go to walmart or somthing.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Re: :vent: stupid hick shops won't touch my "modified import" (MoogenToad)

the 50 foot patch you laid couldn't have helped future imports that go to those shops
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (95civicracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well by the public jackassery you displayed can you blame them. go to walmart or somthing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no **** haha, even if I had a change of heart about it, the second you laid that patch down I'd said **** you and your family.

but anyway, most shops won't do lowered imports because most of the people that lower them never buy the proper camber kits for the front and the rear after it's done and expect the shop to be able to magically get it aligned properly.

they do it the best they can and then the kid is suddenly saying they didn't do it right and his tires wore fast and his balljoints wore out and his struts all blew because of it and then he wants them to replace it all...

when it's not their fault in the first place.

that's why they won't touch your car man.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 AM
WalkingKenshin

Default Re: (stackz)

actauly, i laid the 50ft patch after they said they won't touch my "little civic", 3 guys came out and snicked about my car. Thoose ***** did'nt have 1 decent car in the parking lot. So whatever **** them, i'll deal with 300hp and a loose steering wheel. maybe my tunner knows someone
Old 03-09-2004, 09:06 AM

You could take it to honda.
They said they would do the alignment but there might be an extra fee cause my suspension is 'modified'.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no **** haha, even if I had a change of heart about it, the second you laid that patch down I'd said **** you and your family.

but anyway, most shops won't do lowered imports because most of the people that lower them never buy the proper camber kits for the front and the rear after it's done and expect the shop to be able to magically get it aligned properly.

they do it the best they can and then the kid is suddenly saying they didn't do it right and his tires wore fast and his balljoints wore out and his struts all blew because of it and then he wants them to replace it all...

when it's not their fault in the first place.

that's why they won't touch your car man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if your car is not dumped to the freaking ground you dont necessarily need a camber kit....

my coupe didnt have any gap and the camber was -2 front and -1 back...my tires did not eat away fast at all....

the most important part is the TOE because when you dump your car your front tires bow out or get toe out and look like \ / instead of l l toe is the main reason why your tires get mad fucked on the inside...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (degooser)

Same **** happened to me when I tried to take it in for an alignment at Sears. They said that my car is too low to get onto the rack or something. So I took it home and pulled out my camber kits and eyeballed it. My toe angle was already set at 0, as well as my camber, but I wanted to put some negative camber on there to eliminate the tire rub. Worked too.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 AM

How low is your car. It might be too low to get onto the rack.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :vent: stupid hick shops won't touch my "modified import" (-743-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -743- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How low is your car. It might be too low to get onto the rack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend has this same exact problem with his jetta....3 shops said that they couldn't touch it and one of them was town fair tire which is a branch around here and he went to one in one town they said they coldn't touch it and then he went to one in another town and the did a perfect job with it. If the car bein to low is the problem you could try using some good ol lumber, but if it is too low your exhaust might hit the pump in the middle of the jack... ....there are too many things to worry about these days with the technology we have...why doesn't somebody just make a jack that adjusts to the height of any car (they might even make it but no body that i know has it).....i say **** em and ask your tunner... to you and to the ace's that wouldnt' do the job for ya
Old 03-09-2004, 09:40 AM

i took my car to a couple allignment shops and they all said no, finally i found this place about 5 minutes away from my house called 5 star frame and allignment shop they said the specialize in dropped cars , i took it over there after i put my camber kit on they gave me a paper with before and after specs of toe camber caster and a whole lot more but i know how you feel i had to put up with about 3 shops like sears pepboys and goodyear before i found them, p.s dont ever go to pepboys i had them mount a tire for me and they stripped my wheel studs
Old 03-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good job on the burn out
Old 03-09-2004, 10:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MoogenToad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i then backed out and laid a 50 foot patch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sure showed them....
Old 03-09-2004, 11:05 AM
range

Yo, I recall a shop I tried to have a springs installed on a 91-240sx and they wouldn't touch it. Talking about they only know how to drop hondas. A little different from what your going thru. I find that Mechanics used to only messing w/ American cars are kinda of intimidated by imports. Talking about hey theres too many computers making your car run.