Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited

Okay, so heres the deal. It seems like one out of every five threads is asking "How much should I ask for this car." I had already made a thread voicing my disdain with the subject and I would like to revisit this issue in *HOPES* of change.

Previous thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=959189

My proposal is that all threads pertaining to selling a car be posted ONLY in "Vehicles for Sale." That way, people who are actually looking for cars can give a fair price and the user can have an easier time selling the car. So that means people posting "y0 How much should I charge for my phat *** civic y0?" in EG+ Civic / Del Sol would have to instead make a thread "Testing Waters: 1992 Civic w/ Mods" in Vehicles for Sale. I just dont see the reason for keeping them in EG, because they are basically just classified threads anyway. I think it would make more sense to keep these threads in Vehicles for Sale.

I would also like to get rid of "Is this a good deal or not?" threads. People, you pay for the car whatever you think its worth. If you think $7000 is a bad deal for a stock CX, then you probably shouldn't get it, even if HT member Stunnaboi679 says its a good deal.

So, am I crazy?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited (BauleyCivic)

I voted first, to keep the threads here, b/c most people responding to the vehicle for sale forum, will usually tell you a flat out bullshit lowball figure. At least in the EG forum, the person would be getting an honest opinion.

This is of course, just my opinion, but I'm not a Mod, so I have no control over this sort of thing.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited (Smith Wise)

keep them so that people can actually get help from other enthusiastis
Old 09-12-2004, 05:49 PM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited (BauleyCivic)

I agree with Bauley on this one. It almost seems as if people have a hard time thinking for themselves and making common sense descions.....asking subjective questions when so many variables exist is a waste of time and space in a form that is supposed to be dedicated to tech.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited (00Red_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with Bauley on this one. It almost seems as if people have a hard time thinking for themselves and making common sense descions.....asking subjective questions when so many variables exist is a waste of time and space in a form that is supposed to be dedicated to tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vehicle Price Threads...Revisited (DOHC4life)

I'm ready to be rid of both of these types of threads from the forum as well.

Nobody can price a car with aftermarket parts. Period. To you it may be worth 8k, while to others it may be worth 6 or even 10. The different areas around the country even go further into this multiple pricing idea. A car is only worth as much as you're willing to pay for it.

Is it a good deal? Do you have the money for it? Do you want to spend that much on it? If yes, then do it. Use KBB.com as a guide and decide on the aftermarket stuff from there on out.