Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

v-8 turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v-8 turbo civic

does anyone know if its possible to weld to honda b-series blocks together?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (fakename)

Oh dear god, please take away the trolls.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (DOHC4life)

well think about it if you set the blocks so that the cylinders are evenly staggered you could have a crank that would have a offset power stroke on 120 deg. with a splayed power stroke you could have the torque charateristics of a v-8 with the higher revs assciated with v-6's and 4cyl(think 80's indy cars). so now you have the low end of the v-8 with easy high rev's. thats were the turbo kicks in. run that sucker off of nitro and you could have an interesting ride.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Weld 2 blocks together? WTF, are you some kind of mad scientist or something? If you really know about import performance, you'll know that you can build up a GS-R or LS motor and turbo it...and beat V8 turbos. Welcome to H-T Noob.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fakename &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well think about it if you set the blocks so that the cylinders are evenly staggered you could have a crank that would have a offset power stroke on 120 deg. with a splayed power stroke you could have the torque charateristics of a v-8 with the higher revs assciated with v-6's and 4cyl(think 80's indy cars). so now you have the low end of the v-8 with easy high rev's. thats were the turbo kicks in. run that sucker off of nitro and you could have an interesting ride.</TD></TR></TABLE>

kids.

*shakes head*
Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (ek9800)

Where the **** are the moderators tonight. Jesus christ this makes me want to kill myself.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fakename &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well think about it if you set the blocks so that the cylinders are evenly staggered you could have a crank that would have a offset power stroke on 120 deg. with a splayed power stroke you could have the torque charateristics of a v-8 with the higher revs assciated with v-6's and 4cyl(think 80's indy cars). so now you have the low end of the v-8 with easy high rev's. thats were the turbo kicks in. run that sucker off of nitro and you could have an interesting ride.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummmmmm, in NO way could you EVER EVER EVER get 2 I-4's to share a common crank shaft. Then you have to find some way of mounting them so that the power from both get to a transmission. THEN, you have to worry about the weight. I would like to see 2 blocks welded together that could ever handle the heat and forces created by the engines that won't break.

So after that, I think you need to STFU, then GTFO, then finally END YOURSELF. Thank you have a nice day.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you serious?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (ek9800)

*blinks*
*leaves chair for more important things than reading this horseshit*
*returns*
Not to flame noob, but i myself am somewhat of a noob, and you myfriend are a ****** llama. a ****** troll. a ******........dumbass. you know what, im going to go to my buddies dodge ram, and take out his hemi, and weld it to another hemi, and have a v-16. If you really want to know my HONEST opinion, its a stupid idea, it'd be easier (though just as stupid) to make 2 honda engines an inline-8, although it wouldnt fit anyway. So in conclusion, you are stupid, go home and cry to your mommy
Old 11-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (Del_Slo_1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slo_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weld 2 blocks together? WTF, are you some kind of mad scientist or something? If you really know about import performance, you'll know that you can build up a GS-R or LS motor and turbo it...and beat V8 turbos. Welcome to H-T Noob.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't take an LS or GSR..

&lt;- D-Series here!
Old 11-11-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (Apocolipse269)

god is that all that every one in this forum does? flame on each other?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fakename &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">god is that all that every one in this forum does? flame on each other?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No we are just flaming you because you are a moron.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No we are just flaming you because you are a moron. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocolipse269 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 PM

and i suppose that in some point in your life your going to realize that your little car hobby you have was just some fleeting chance at either being individual in a conforming way were as i'm on a search to find a way to total evole my whole sense of what is technologically feasible by thinking of stupid ideals like these someday your going to see these stupid ideals and try ever so desperatly to jump on the conformist bandwagon while ill be lights years away working on my next stupid idea.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:52 PM

fakename

Trial User
(100%)

Access Level Normal User
Permission Level Restricted Trial User
Full Name jack meyhoffer
Email Address gallup14@msn.com
Location joeblowinville al usa
Age 26

baseballinmyass

Trial User
(100%)

Access Level Normal User
Permission Level Restricted Trial User
Full Name robert d gallup
Email Address [Hidden]
Location cleveland oh usa
Age 23

Same person... same dumbass way of thinking

His other dumbass thread

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053057

Old 11-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-11-2004, 05:55 PM

The only decision I need to make is ... taste great or less filling.

G'luck with your V8 Civic. I can't wait to see pics.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fakename &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and i suppose that in some point in your life your going to realize that your little car hobby you have was just some fleeting chance at either being individual in a conforming way were as i'm on a search to find a way to total evole my whole sense of what is technologically feasible by thinking of stupid ideals like these someday your going to see these stupid ideals and try ever so desperatly to jump on the conformist bandwagon while ill be lights years away working on my next stupid idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can only take being unique so far, then it just becomes retarded. But I see you're from Alabama, specifically from a town called joeblowin... hmm... anyone else as surprised as I am?

I know this technology called "electricity" and "the internet" is new to you and all, but that doesn't mean that your retarded frankenstein idea is even feasible for someone who isn't even anywhere near a novice of a mechanic anyway. No wait thats right, you've worked on tractors since you were 3, so you know what you're doing right.

If you want the torque characteristics of a V8, go buy a car with a V8 in it. LS1s and the sohc/dohc V8s in the Mustangs will allow you to rev to 6500-7000 rpm if you build them specifically for that, but then again you sacrifice the torque characteristics of a V8. So make up your mind, small honda 4 banger with an 8,8.2, or 9000 rpm redline, or a torque monster pushrod 350 cubic inch V8.

Aw **** it, go get a Camaro... you'd fit right in with some of these ********** with their two rotted teeth and mullets anyway.

I don't normally flame on this forum, but this has got to be the dumbest thing I've seen to date.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Global Moderator

I don't ******* understand this..

Why the **** do you keep partcipating in a thread that is nothing but postwhoring useless bullshit.

This thread is going NOWHERE and with stupid *** replies it's just bumping it up.

Hopefully when tom,dustin or ricey see this they will dock %.

<FONT SIZE="6">QUIT REPLYING TO THIS STUPID *** THREAD.</FONT>
Old 11-11-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: v-8 turbo civic (SRCivic97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SRCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only decision I need to make is ... taste great or less filling.

G'luck with your V8 Civic. I can't wait to see pics. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL, omg dude...

Dude, what ever your ideas are, they are stupid. 1st, you're rpm acceleration would be lower b/c opperating off 1 crank (you have to unless you are gay and want to make your tranny to go off 2) 2nd, in a v-8 or v-6, the closer the cylinders are (i.e. 60 deg of seperation), the beter accel as opposed to your 120 deg. idea. 3rd, it wouldnt fit. 4th, no weld would hold the blocks together at high temps, whcih there would be. 5th, it woudl blow up. and finally 6th, it would be more feasable to put a hemi under the hood of that car and get it running, b/c your idea is worse than a crackpipe up my ***
Old 11-11-2004, 06:06 PM

HOLY ****.....I have read it all......... I think i would rather cut away my firewall and drop an LS1 corvetter engine in rather then make 2 inline 4 work together. Jesus...... By the way, I am beeing sarcastic.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

someone watched tonights monster garage
you attach a clink (i think thatswhat it called) to one motors crankshaft and one on the flywheel of the other motor...thats how you do it with chevys anyway but how the **** would you fit it anyway...weld them together.... lmao
Old 11-11-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what about the tiburon that runs 2 motors, one up front and one in the back?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (smokee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smokee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about the tiburon that runs 2 motors, one up front and one in the back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What about the time when i looked down & seen you were a 2004 member and then just completely just disreguarded your question.

Let this thread die.

Quick Reply: v-8 turbo civic