Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

uurg e-break light doesnt go out

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default uurg e-break light doesnt go out

i searched and didnt find exactly what im looking for.

today i was driveing around town looking for jobs i stoped to get an app. from starbucks and came back to my perfectly working car other than the abs light which I took out because I dont have 400 dollers for a new stering wheel reel.

So anyways i got into my near perfect 00 civic si (49,000 miles) with the normal mods i/h/e springs shocks short shifter yada yada yada. I started my car and put it in reverse and took the e-break off. I pulled onto the street and began driveing down the puthetic streets of oregon. i had my sun glasses on because there was something in the sky i havent seen for 10 months i think you people call it a "sun" any ******* way i look down and my e-break light is "half" on.

i think to myself waw how cool is this, so at the next stop light I pull the break and it lights up fully and i put the break down and it doesnt go out its like half as bright as when its all the way on.

so i go home and i notice my back break light doesnt work so i put in a new one hopeing it will fix it. ahahaha yea ******* right you fat azn fwd pos.

yea so anyone that can help a poor college student who hates his gay car i will be greatfull.

cliff notes:

e-break light stays dim but on

its not the break lights

the fluid is full.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: uurg e-break light doesnt go out (chads)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chads &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i searched and didnt find exactly what im looking for.

today i was driveing around town looking for jobs i stoped to get an app. from starbucks and came back to my perfectly working car other than the abs light which I took out because I dont have 400 dollers for a new stering wheel reel.

So anyways i got into my near perfect 00 civic si (49,000 miles) with the normal mods i/h/e springs shocks short shifter yada yada yada. I started my car and put it in reverse and took the e-break off. I pulled onto the street and began driveing down the puthetic streets of oregon. i had my sun glasses on because there was something in the sky i havent seen for 10 months i think you people call it a "sun" any ******* way i look down and my e-break light is "half" on.

i think to myself waw how cool is this, so at the next stop light I pull the break and it lights up fully and i put the break down and it doesnt go out its like half as bright as when its all the way on.

so i go home and i notice my back break light doesnt work so i put in a new one hopeing it will fix it. ahahaha yea ******* right you fat azn fwd pos.

yea so anyone that can help a poor college student who hates his gay car i will be greatfull.

cliff notes:

e-break light stays dim but on

its not the break lights

the fluid is full.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Flame suits everyone!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uurg e-break light doesnt go out (civicboisi)

there is a switch that activates the light on the dash... take your center console out and make sure the parking brake lever is completely depressing this switch when you release the parking brake
Old 06-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uurg e-break light doesnt go out (chads)

My brother had something like that happen on his Mazda Protege.
It turned out to be worn brake pads. I don't know if civic's have them, but on his car there is a sensor that light up the e-brake light when it's time to replace the brake pads.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uurg e-break light doesnt go out (d16rice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d16rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My brother had something like that happen on his Mazda Protege.
It turned out to be worn brake pads. I don't know if civic's have them, but on his car there is a sensor that light up the e-brake light when it's time to replace the brake pads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah this could be it too... there is a sensor on the master cylinder... i dont know about mazdas but on hondas this means there is a low fluid level in the master cylinder which is usually a sign of worn pads but not always... so check the fluid level in the mc also
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: uurg e-break light doesnt go out (neutron91)

thanks for the help guys ill check this all out tonight and get back to you tomarrow.

civicboisi your dumb