Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Upholstery of rear shelf

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upholstery of rear shelf

Hi from Bulgaria. Because of the shortage of available rear shelf for Civic Hatchback '94, I had to figure out option for the restoration of old crust. First associated with several trim, but the amount was for Reupholstering dizzying range of between 100 - 130 BGN = 70 - 90$ and a separate cloth. So I had to hold myself to this mission. Here are some pictures of the rear shelf before:

Another problem was connecting the two parts, this can be done with: strip of calico (korsale) (sold in any shop for sewing materials);

Materials needed:
1. Platt ceiling with my dunaprenche is plush - 1.2 m * (maybe artificial fur, but becomes a little more difficult with tension and compression) can also be done with fabric without foam, but the adhesive can penetrate the fabric and pokafevenyava.
2. Glue Moment - 2 pcs.;
3. Shortly valyache
4. Rubberized canvas band or strip of calico (shown above);
5. Wire brush;
6. Koreselin bottle (at - a small cut);
7. Execution time (winter is best - fit for purpose in my season, and has quite weekends);
First you must remove the old fabric as much as possible. Big scrub with wire brush. It's nice to go with koreselin, but not much Oliva. Then stick the tape if the bark is split so that parts can be connected.

Slow start at the side (it's nice someone to help). I have pictures of it because I had to join me. The most important thing is to have the tray, put it on the fabric and began to glue cm by one cm and valyache or cloth is pressed against the bark (very slowly). Starting from the "not straight" to the rights and glue, glues, adhesives, .......... adhesives. When it comes to the rights party rezhem fabric and fold it so that it passes underneath ie bend it down the side and keep lepim. Come back to the point 6 hours after gluing. Cut this part of the fabric, which is the top of the crust a bit more, so that it can podpahnem bottom and sticking. Bottom joins the upper and the result is restored rear shelf.

We see that somewhere in the fabric is pressed and has more images (so remember rag), but they soon disappear.

Here's how it stays in the car:

I hope this topic help someone!!!