Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

UPDATE: del sol rebuild, I also have a short in my drivers power window.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: del sol rebuild, I also have a short in my drivers power window.

Well i took my del sol into get the new windshield frame welded on. (sorry no pics this time) the guy that owns the shop and works there needs money fast so he's gona work on it tommorro so that i can pick it up on friday or early saturday. he's welding the frame, installing the winshield and welding in supports all for $500. so it looks like i'm gona get it fixed for alot less then alot of you though i would cast me, but it would cost me alot more if i took it to a real good body shop. (this place is like a private customs shop that builds custom offroad vehicles). i am also buying a pipe bender so i can make a roll cage and make my own exaust out of one or two strait pieces of pipe instead of welding alot of small pieces together. so if any of you need a rool cage made or some exaust pipes bent, let me know i do it for cheaper then any shop.

ok, now to the wiring problem. i have a short somewhere in the wiring for my power window on my driver side. the way my power window works on the drivers side is: one click down is normall power window(let up on the switch and it stops), two clicks down and its auto (windows goes all the way down on its own) and there is no auto up. the problem is that when i push the switch one click down for normall power window, it does auto, and when i puch up it is auto. (so no matter where i push the switch it auto). after about 1 minute of my ignition being on the drivers side window wont do anything at all, i have to turn off the ignition and turn it back on to get the window to move. where do you think the short is? i was thinking that is probly in the door, but i want a second opinion.