Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Unhappy with Muteki Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy with Muteki Lug Nuts

I received my lug nuts today. Shipping was quick. I've noticed the box of the lug nuts were a little messy, like it's been tampered before. I figured maybe that's how it is. As I hold up the first lug, I noticed some little paint chipped on the open end, I figured what the heck. The more I inspect it closely one by one, the more paint chipped I see. What was worst was the last 10 lugs on the bottom part, lot's of paint chipped! I can go on with the top 10 lugs, but the botom 10 I just have to ask rant. So my question is, does any of you have this kind of problem? When it comes to buying parts, I always have bad luck with them, either they come defective, or not the right part.

The ones that I've ordered was the SR48 in color Green. These were from a reputable shop. This was my second sets of lug nuts from them.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Unhappy with Muteki Lug Nuts

man this is my first post here on ht, but i have the same issues lolll
i have the worst luck with buying aftermarket stuff.

i got a spoiler and it was all scratched up in the box.
i got a lip kit and it didnt fit at alllll
then i get a nice set of subs and a nice amp and like a month later... bam window smashed and they are gone =[

good luck man.
did you pick them up or order them?
if picked up then bring em back?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM

they must have given you a used box wtf. return them thats bullshit
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bren94cx
man this is my first post here on ht, but i have the same issues lolll
i have the worst luck with buying aftermarket stuff.

i got a spoiler and it was all scratched up in the box.
i got a lip kit and it didnt fit at alllll
then i get a nice set of subs and a nice amp and like a month later... bam window smashed and they are gone =[

good luck man.
did you pick them up or order them?
if picked up then bring em back?
I ordered them online. Some people just have it their way, and some don't. Life's a bitch sometime.

A year ago I ordered the Caliber Project kics from them and the detailman totally stripped the paint off the lug nuts while spraying the **** out of it.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boxeocampeon
they must have given you a used box wtf. return them thats bullshit
I don't know if I should email them and tell them about it, or just move on. I just hate being in this situation.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you paid for a new part and it appears they are used you should email them and politely tell them what you foind upon receving them. that's probably your best chance of getting another set in hopefully better shape.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by D16SiHatch
if you paid for a new part and it appears they are used you should email them and politely tell them what you foind upon receving them. that's probably your best chance of getting another set in hopefully better shape.
Yeah I know, maybe that's what I should do. Thanks man.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by G2_Fella
Yeah I know, maybe that's what I should do. Thanks man.
Bro, there is no maybe about it...Email em and tell em they sold you some ****ed up garbage. I hate it when **** like this happens. It honestly pisses me off. If I'm going to give somebody (company or individual) my money for something, it damn well be in proper condition. **** accepting their second rate ****...You don't deserve that. If they won't refund your money or replace the product, let them know you're a member of a very busy forum and your word will be spread. And whatever you do, do not let them jack you for shipping cost a second time around! It's up to them to make this right on their bill, not yours!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would return them too
Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Beckerton
Bro, there is no maybe about it...Email em and tell em they sold you some ****ed up garbage. I hate it when **** like this happens. It honestly pisses me off. If I'm going to give somebody (company or individual) my money for something, it damn well be in proper condition. **** accepting their second rate ****...You don't deserve that. If they won't refund your money or replace the product, let them know you're a member of a very busy forum and your word will be spread. And whatever you do, do not let them jack you for shipping cost a second time around! It's up to them to make this right on their bill, not yours!
This. Make them replace them or refund your money. If you paid for a new part, you deserve a new part, free of any defects. To hell with settling for second rate crap. With that said, if it's a reputable place, I'm sure they will have no problems exchanging the parts out.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96hb
This. Make them replace them or refund your money. If you paid for a new part, you deserve a new part, free of any defects. To hell with settling for second rate crap. With that said, if it's a reputable place, I'm sure they will have no problems exchanging the parts out.
Definitely get an exchange. Just call and say they're used, provide pics if needed, send them back and they should replace them no problem.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well you bought cheap nuts...i have used them and they will be chipped up by the time you put them on or off a couple times anyway.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM

mutekis are usually pretty decent alot of people run them. but i would def email or call them man thats bullshit. next time go order them at a shop cus most shops will take it up with the company cus they dont want to look bad. its just a little easier
Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i picked up a set of those and had em for 6 months now and well i am getting ready to order some new lugs because there is almost no paint left on em. they good though just paint comes off to easily
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

make em pay return shipping too. some companies hold grudges and theyll let you return, but then they make you pay return shipping.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Colonel Cake Mix

i had mutekis and i ran into multiple problems:

1. the paint chipped off, not a big deal but they looked ugly

2. the lock tool started warping, if you look at the metal its cheap and thin, and the lock lines are not exact and move too much causing the lock itself to warp

3. the lugs themselves arent all threaded the same, ive never had such an issue getting lugs on and off studs before.

4. they rusted like no other.

so if i were u id ask for my money back and invest a little more into some better quality lugs. i have work ones right now and they are awesome.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try McGard Splinedrive. i've had them on my integra with no problem. and best of all it was only like less than 100 bucks.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ditto to what acake said. I had the SR48 rainbow chrome on my EF and they started chipping and fading pretty quick. I also had to re-stud both sides on the front because they wouldn't fit all the way down.

On my current EG I just bought the Project Kics R40 Neo Chro. WAY better. Lighter, not as chunky, no fading or chipping yet. Sure they cost more but, whatever.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, thanks for the reply! I just got an email from him and he requested for pictures. Only problem is I have no digital camera. I haven't respond back yet. I don't want no refund, I just want an exchange for another set, or maybe go for a higher end ones. My first choice are the green colors, only Mutekis make those colors. I like MXP and T1R, but they don't make green.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 77777
well you bought cheap nuts...i have used them and they will be chipped up by the time you put them on or off a couple times anyway.
They should never let these passed inspection. I give the supervisor a poor grade for this.

If the bottom portions were like the top with some minor chips, I wouldn't even bother. If it's going to chip, I want it to chip off in my possession. Not from the factory or authorize dealer.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Post pics on here at least. Sucks you got used ****, you should have been given a discount and told they were used instead of having them pawned off on you as new.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well you get what you pay for. you cant buy the cheapest **** out there and just expect awesome quality and service. i doubt they inspect these things at all haha, live and learn.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So he should pay for looking for a good deal?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D16SiHatch
X2
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you did get screwed a little bit, but personally, I don't think I'd expect more from painted lugs.

I mean, they're painted. They're going to chip and look like crap the second you put them on. The only way you can get colored lugs that aren't going to chip is to get anodized. Anything painted is going to chip the first time you touch them with a socket.

Here's hoping you get an exchange or your money back.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Muteki Lug Nuts