Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

type r badge??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default type r badge??

hey Im getting a civic type r emblem for cheap for the hell of it that came from an 05 civic type r. and was wondering if it was too big for the trunk of my 2000 ej8? if so where would it look best at?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: type r badge?? (blindguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey Im getting a civic type r emblem for cheap for the hell of it that came from an 05 civic type r. and was wondering if it was too big for the trunk of my 2000 ej8? if so where would it look best at?</TD></TR></TABLE>
It'd look best at my house in my badge collection. Send it to me.

Do not put a 7th gen Type R hatch badge on your 6th gen coupe/sedan.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey Im getting a civic type r emblem for cheap for the hell of it that came from an 05 civic type r. and was wondering if it was too big for the trunk of my 2000 ej8? if so where would it look best at?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not on your car if its not a civic type-r
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somewhere in your room so that it looks cool. Not on your car.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i gotta say, if you put that on your car, i'd call you a big phoney. then again, i do have a type s badge from an rsx where my dx used to be, but it's an inside joke on mine, it stands for type slow on mine, not type sport. ha, but seriously, don't pretend to be something it's not, people are just going to make fun of you.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Default Re: type r badge?? (turbojdmhatch)

lol noones civic in this country is a civic type r. yet hundreds by type r badges for civic they have type r swapped. its quite a common thing. that's the point of getting the badges, cause eenoone can afford the thousands and process yu have to go through to get a real one. so they build one.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol noones civic in this country is a civic type r. yet hundreds by type r badges for civic they have type r swapped. its quite a common thing. that's the point of getting the badges, cause eenoone can afford the thousands and process yu have to go through to get a real one. so they build one.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would disagree that the reason people buy Type R badges has anything to do with a Type R swap.

Do you have a K20 swap?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Default Re: type r badge?? (austinkli)

I guese if I have CTR wheels im a ''phoney'' too. or ctr seats, or a ctr gauge cluster. or if a have it painted championship white. its all the same huh? password jdm and all similar sites should just shut down because whoever buys andything from them is a fake right. after all, theyr cars aren't civic type rs. lmao tell that to everyone here on honda-tech.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guese if I have CTR wheels im a ''phoney'' too. or ctr seats, or a ctr gauge cluster. or if a have it painted championship white. its all the same huh? password jdm and all similar sites should just shut down because whoever buys andything from them is a fake right. after all, theyr cars aren't civic type rs. lmao tell that to everyone here on honda-tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>
umm... not quite, now if you tried to pass your car off as a ctr because you had ctr rims and seats, yes, i'd call you a phoney in that scenario too. don't get so offended hommie. the emblem is like a name though ya know. I mean, that's how i see it, the emblem is pretty much the name of the car so if it's not a type r, i wouldn't drive around like, hey i'm a type r. Unless you're making a clone. Then i would do it. but you do whatever you want man.

-edit- also if you absolutely must put a badge on your car, double sided tape works great and it won't take the paint off the car either. my honda emblem on my hood has been held on by the same piece of double sided tape for about a year.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol noones civic in this country is a civic type r. yet hundreds by type r badges for civic they have type r swapped. its quite a common thing. that's the point of getting the badges, cause eenoone can afford the thousands and process yu have to go through to get a real one. so they build one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're stupid, that's not why everyone does that. some people do it because that is their hobby. and my room mates brother has a type r, a real type r, and i may not have done very well in geography class, but last time i checked, jacksonville florida is in this country.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:55 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guese if I have CTR wheels im a ''phoney'' too. or ctr seats, or a ctr gauge cluster. or if a have it painted championship white. its all the same huh? password jdm and all similar sites should just shut down because whoever buys andything from them is a fake right. after all, theyr cars aren't civic type rs. lmao tell that to everyone here on honda-tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Having a different set of wheels or a cluster doesn't make it look like you're calling your car a Type R (much less a Type R that's not the same generation of your car and your car's body style was never a Type R body style).

PasswordJDM... I won't start with them.

Sorry, but you're the minority on Honda-Tech. Most people here would laugh at a coupe/sedan with Type R badges on it.

So what do you have done to your car? You keep talking about Type R swaps, wheels, paint jobs, etc. as some way to say it's okay to call it a Type R. But you haven't shown that you have anything done to your car.

What was trying to get to earlier is that most Civics in the US with Type R badges on them have little done save for maybe some aftermarket AR wheels and alteezas. Not even kidding.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 AM

Default Re: type r badge?? (NOFX)

I just like the badge. and what type r stands for and has from the beginning. im not teying to make some wanna be clone. I just never thought of the type r as a body style. I always thought of it as the performace of the car. honda took the hatchback and made the type r by adding racing performance parts and upgrades. and yeah I know. I wish they would have made a coupe for my generation. I love type rs but I just like the coupe over the hatchback. which is why I likes the 7th gen type r badge. I dunno I guese it is stupid.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
PasswordJDM... I won't start with them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ha ha, bad experiences i take it? did you get my pm?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just like the badge. and what type r stands for and has from the beginning. im not teying to make some wanna be clone. I just never thought of the type r as a body style. I always thought of it as the performace of the car. honda took the hatchback and made the type r by adding racing performance parts and upgrades. and yeah I know. I wish they would have made a coupe for my generation. I love type rs but I just like the coupe over the hatchback. which is why I likes the 7th gen type r badge. I dunno I guese it is stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not stupid man, i mean if you got a good reason for it... ya know. If you've made a race car out of your car, or are even trying to, and that is what a type r emblem means to you, like my type s means slow to me. We al laugh about it. I think half of those type r emblems stand for "RICER" though because i swear that 95% of them around here are.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't say having a type R badge would make somebody a phony, i mean i wouldnt put one on my car but to each his own. I have thought about puttin and SiR badge on mine, yet I have the engine, thats good enough for me. Everybody does what they like, he may just like the way it looks, thats fine. if by modifying your car in anyway be it just a badge made you a phony, unless your taking your car out to a track or racing it in the street ever damn person with modified anything would be a poser for a racer, which in my opinion just isnt the case. Sometimes people should just do what they like. yet i do agree if anybody asks, no its not a type r, the badge just looks cool
Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM

yeah. it just blows cause people that want to build something special get laughed at cause there is so many people that put the type r badge on a green 98 sedan for no reason. lol. ill prolly just keep the badge and start a collection. I wish they made a type r coupe.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just like the badge. and what type r stands for and has from the beginning. im not teying to make some wanna be clone. I just never thought of the type r as a body style. I always thought of it as the performace of the car. honda took the hatchback and made the type r by adding racing performance parts and upgrades. and yeah I know. I wish they would have made a coupe for my generation. I love type rs but I just like the coupe over the hatchback. which is why I likes the 7th gen type r badge. I dunno I guese it is stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's perfectly fine to respect the Type R name for what it stands for. That doesn't mean it belongs on your car though.

There are other trims out there beside the Type R though.

I could maybe see putting a badge on a Type R coupe clone... but it'd have to be a very believable clone imo. By believable, I mean a coupe that looks like what I would expect Honda to build as a Type R. It would be about the same amount of work as making a normal US hatch into a Type R clone. I wonder what kind of spoiler would be best on it though. I mean, the hatch has the "CX" spoiler, the "DX" spoiler (this is also on VTi models overseas) and then the Type R spoiler. The coupes have the '96-'98 spoiler (low) and the '99-'00 spoiler (high). So I'd expect a more stylized version for a real Type R coupe.

I'd think that for the restyling of the front and rear for 1999 they would have probably changed the "Type R coupe" spoiler a tiny bit too, even if it wasn't super noticeable to everyone.

That's all just "what ifs", but you get the idea.

I actually have a photo of a "Type R coupe" that I found listed as some sort of image by Honda, though I doubt it really was what whoever posted it said it was. It was probably just a clone, but I can't say I've seen a whole lot of Type R clones as coupes.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ha ha, bad experiences i take it? did you get my pm?</TD></TR></TABLE>
No bad experience. I've just noticed how they seem to sell things. They like to replicate items and sell their own. I'm not a fan of them not saying that the foglights they sell are fake either.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not stupid man, i mean if you got a good reason for it... ya know. If you've made a race car out of your car, or are even trying to, and that is what a type r emblem means to you, like my type s means slow to me. We al laugh about it. I think half of those type r emblems stand for "RICER" though because i swear that 95% of them around here are. </TD></TR></TABLE>
True. He would put himself in with a group that is usually looked down upon. Granted that often anyone who owns a Civic is looked down upon anyway. I really think that the image is getting better though. Then again, that might have something with my move to Washington (where there are lots of Hondas) from a place that had few Hondas.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah. it just blows cause people that want to build something special get laughed at cause there is so many people that put the type r badge on a green 98 sedan for no reason. lol. ill prolly just keep the badge and start a collection. I wish they made a type r coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Seriously. Build your own CTR clone as a coupe. It would be a little different. Make it belieable. That means it has to be one of four colors, certain wheels, certain interior. You can source a black interior from overseas perhaps (I'd have to look for a black coupe interior - the doors forward would work from a real CTR though).

The only thing that would be weird is that you have an EX. So the moonroof isn't really compatible for what Honda makes into Type Rs.

I've been wanting to make a badge collection box for the wall, but haven't found anything I like yet.

I will say that I've changed all of my badging on my EX coupe. I changed mine to 1.6iSR badging from Europe. Those cars are also EJ8s with D16Y8s in them. The differences between the US EJ8 and the EDM EJ8 are minimal.

I'm a bit of a purist though.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah. it just blows cause people that want to build something special get laughed at cause there is so many people that put the type r badge on a green 98 sedan for no reason. lol. ill prolly just keep the badge and start a collection. I wish they made a type r coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ha, i have a collection of honda belt buckles. no i'm not a hillbilly, i don't wear them because the only damn thing i can wear is dress clothes for work, but someone gave me an old acura emblem belt buckle and i just started getting more.

type r coupe would be sick.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:44 AM
H-T White Ops

Here's the image I was talking about. I don't know if it's exactly how I described it. I have a lot of photos and haven't looked at this one in a long time.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 AM

I wothought about the SIR badge myself. I just came across that type r badge and really like the way it looks. a type r coupe would be awesome . but I don't want to have to deal with 90 percent of the people on here by doing so.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wothought about the SIR badge myself. I just came across that type r badge and really like the way it looks. a type r coupe would be awesome . but I don't want to have to deal with 90 percent of the people on here by doing so.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Move.

Lots of people don't like my car, but I still manage to get compliments (not from people you'd expect - lots of Mustang owners for some reason). There will always be lots of people who hate your car.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:57 AM

nice.. if I were to build one it would look like that. but so many people have turned the civic type r into a cliche. its just like ''oo a type r, been done''
Old 04-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Move.

Lots of people don't like my car, but I still manage to get compliments (not from people you'd expect - lots of Mustang owners for some reason). There will always be lots of people who hate your car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pics of your car!!!!????
Old 04-13-2008, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i used to have canadian sir badges on my b16 swapped ej8 (it's tafetta white...yay!).

but once the turbo got installed, i ripped them off and only kept the red honda emblem in the rear....

Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jasony0630)

forget bagdges im throwin a Datsun, Sti, and Z28 badges on my god damn car and dont care who the hell cares...........