Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TYC one piece headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TYC one piece headlights

This is the thread I wrote my ? in but looks like everyone has looked at it and moved on.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1061286

Here's my post:
This is for the guys with the one piece TYC lights. With the weather going from good to bad at a blink of an eye here, this is what I'm thinking. Talked to some of the airport police that i work with about the JDM yellow lights. They said white and yellow are legal. Sense the car is no longer a hwy ride, and i never use my high beams, running a silverstar in the projection lamp and a JDM yellow in the high beam. Have not seen a H1 yellow YET but give it some time. Whats the output on the high beams? The silverstars are rated at 4000k and the yellows are at 2700k If i run the yellows in the highs it won't be to overpowering. What your thoughts??

Example of the lights:

OR
Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (toadolson)

I'm not sure what your question is.. You want to know if you can put a yellow light in your high beams? Sure.. Why not.. It will be aimed too high though, and will blind the hell out of people. You will have to aim it way down if you do.

The output for silverstar bulbs is not 4000k.. That's false advertising if they say they are. Only thing you will get that is close to 4000 is TRUE HIDs. Not some aftermarket bulb.

I dont know what stock output is, but I'm guessing it's pretty low.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Woot. Light ouput is better than stock. I'm pretty sure you'll have to coat/paint the bulbs if you want yellow.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

The H1 bulb is the same OEM bulb as a 97-01 Prelude. With these lights running the same bulb for the high and low, the only difference is the angle. The light coming out the bulbs is the same. Now lets say a silverstar puts out 3500k and the JDM yellows put out 2000k. If i run a 1000k (k=candlelight) less bulb, the lights power is cut in almost in 1/2 and also has a deep yellow tint. That's a little easier on the eyes than a oem or hyperwhite high beam. These guy's are coming out with H1 bulbs in January. Think I'll give it a shot.

Want the best of both worlds. I know someone is going to say "GET FOG LIGHTS". Can't do OEM fogs due to the right side fog opening in the bumper cover is used for my ram air intake.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toadolson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The H1 bulb is the same OEM bulb as a 97-01 Prelude. With these lights running the same bulb for the high and low, the only difference is the angle. The light coming out the bulbs is the same. Now lets say a silverstar puts out 3500k and the JDM yellows put out 2000k. If i run a 1000k (k=candlelight) less bulb, the lights power is cut in almost in 1/2 and also has a deep yellow tint. That's a little easier on the eyes than a oem or hyperwhite high beam. These guy's are coming out with H1 bulbs in January. Think I'll give it a shot.

Want the best of both worlds. I know someone is going to say "GET FOG LIGHTS". Can't do OEM fogs due to the right side fog opening in the bumper cover is used for my ram air intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? the "k" rating is the color temperature. it has nothing to do with how much power it uses, gives off, or emits. "k" stands for Kelvin.

http://www.3drender.com/glossary/colortemp.htm

Old 11-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (dantastic)

I knew that, just slept since the last time i hear it. My Bad.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:29 AM

Old 12-21-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (Inconclusive)

All regular light bulbs operate around 2700k if I remember right, the only things that operate above that are HID and the Kelvin rating does not mean how much light it puts out.. 4200k, if I remember correctly puts out the MOST light onto the ground, anything higher up puts out less.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (Mafiozo)

the "k" stands for the temperature of the light's color... lower is a cooler color and higher is a warmer color...i believe the spectrum goes from yellow upwards towards white..with blues and purples inclusive
Old 12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (wHiTe91hAtChBaCk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wHiTe91hAtChBaCk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the "k" stands for the temperature of the light's color... lower is a cooler color and higher is a warmer color...i believe the spectrum goes from yellow upwards towards white..with blues and purples inclusive</TD></TR></TABLE>

This statement is sort of backwards. The higher temperature you go, the more towards blue-violet-ultraviolet (cooler colors) you go. The lower the temperature you go, the more towards yellow-orange-red (warmer colors) you go. This is why your low temp bulbs emit yellow light, and high temp bulbs look more blue.

As for the high beam thing, it doesn't matter what brightness of bulb is in that spot. The high beams point up (blinding other drivers). Your low beams have special sheilds that provide the bulbs with proper cut-off to keep light emissions lower than the oncoming drivers heads.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TYC one piece headlights (94eg!)

i said that...i said it starts from yellow up to white blue etc... but i get why its confusing..i mixed up warmer and cooler...thanks for the correction man