Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

trubo question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trubo question

I dont know how many post or responses to a thread I have to have on the FI form...but Ive had a few. Sorry I had to post here...if you want move it.

Im putting my turbosetup together, buying stuff from a junk yard, or online.

I got a greddy blue box, for runing just about 8psi will i need to get new injectors?(bigger?) Can I just use my stock ones for low boost.....also, i have a new oem fuel pump i put in, do I have to get a better one aswell (like you would with a FMU) or could the blue box run on stock everything?

y8, hf manifold,rhb5 ihi turbo, dsm blowoff valve saab IC, missing link
Old 09-25-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: trubo question (murmur9)

bump
Old 09-25-2004, 07:08 PM

by the sounds of things it doesnt seem like you should be seting up a turbo
Old 09-25-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: (SpoolinEK9)

eat my *** you ignorant ****. seems like you dont know the answer.....so why even waste my time.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Re: (murmur9)

you prolly will need bigger injectors and pump. Even with 8psi it is still going to need some more fuel. Just remember to do some tuning though if your gonna boost.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe the greedy kit is internally wastegated at 5.5 psi? I think that would be the safe ammount of boost for stock pump and injectors. Im pretty sure you can run on stock injectors at 8 psi, but it would be maxing them out.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what year is ur car?

if it is an obd1, ditch ur damn fmu and get uberdata. get bigger injectors (either DSM 450ccs or RC 440ccs or even the 550cc's) along with a walbro 225lph fuel pump.

Key thing is to make sure wideband that sucker and get it tuned properly!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Re: (xtremeazian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtremeazian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe the greedy kit is internally wastegated at 5.5 psi? I think that would be the safe ammount of boost for stock pump and injectors. Im pretty sure you can run on stock injectors at 8 psi, but it would be maxing them out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was told, that it was set a 5.5 , but im putting mine together. I got a RHB5 off a probe. DSM BOV,missing link for the map, HF manifold, and a IC from a old saab 900. I got the greddy Blue Box because I know you can get them cheap, and they are just like a piggy back. I hear the greddy kit comes with 310cc's injectors...but im trying to do it on a budget. I'm not trying to peform with it , just get it on....ill do all the fine tuning and get the correct fuel pump, and injectors later. i just want to know if stock injectors would work with a BB, or will they not and i will be runing lean?
Old 09-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate to do this to you buddy....

"Do it right the first time, or dont do it at all"

why do i say this? you'll end up wasting more money or even your engine in the long run.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:11 PM

ya, YOU DOUCHE nOOb! ******* ****-***! I want a trubo b14d2! YA!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (T25So)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T25So &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya, YOU DOUCHE nOOb! ******* ****-***! I want a trubo b14d2! YA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh?

english..speak it.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jimmy)

Yo MURMUR!!

Hey man. Alot of people go with 440cc injectors or if you feel like wiring up a resistor box from a dsm you can run dsm 450's. Personally, I wouldnt go the blue box route but thats up to you. Just know ahead, that it will run rich as Trump. On my turbo setup, similiar to yours, I'm running the vafc2 with 440cc's, 8psi, log manifold. I'm also not sure how the blue box will work with obd2.

Man, I cant wait to race your *** turbo to turbo!!!!! ( I mean "chase" on the hwy!!)
Old 09-25-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: (T25So)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T25So &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya, YOU DOUCHE nOOb! ******* ****-***! I want a trubo b14d2! YA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bitch, I should slap you.

To 6gcivic, ya, I have been reading a bunch about how people with emanage end up getting CEL's for O2 sensors and being too rich. i could always up the boost to lean it out. get it tuned of course.

I cant get uberdata....if you didnt read...i said BUDGET....I'm on one...not I don't have one.

So, do DSM 450's just pop right inplace with a OEM fuel rail?
Old 09-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (6gcivic)

fmu with something like the bluebox tend to work out quite well. I dont think you need new injectors quite yet. Certainly not 440s at 8psi.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: (Djaric)

See, I'm not taking this to the track, i just want it for that extra passing power on the highway...and to pull nice on winding country roads....something fun. not 0-60 in 2.9 sec.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1.B. Posting of topics relating to forced induction (N20, Turbo, SC) in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. We have an entire forum dedicated to forced induction.
Forced Induction Forum: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16

Edit: i read wrong, but you still shouldn't post here

Modified by viet at 2:25 AM 9/26/2004
Old 09-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I saw you said budget. The dsm's dont exactly just pop in. From what I've heard its a very tight fit where the injectors meet the O rings. Some people dremel out the O rings to make it fit better. But it can be done, and for signifigantly cheaper than brand new 440s.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:07 PM

Turbo on a budget is an oxymoron, yes you can piece together old forgotten parts from the junkyard and yes it will work, but you still should invest in good engine management, good fuel system including pump and injectors. I think you're better off saving your money, and putting it towards a setup that you can appreciate.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt know that uberdata costed that much... from what I can piece together here is the cost (i'm not that good with math but this looks about right)

1) Uberdata - FREE
2) Chipping ECU - $20-40
3) Actual Chip - $5-10
4) Having someone burn you a basemap - usually shipping charges $1-2

I think the costs still is significantly cheaper than the greedy fuel management, but I could be wrong.

I wish you the best on your trek to the darkside.

FYI, if you end up using 450cc's you better make sure your ECU or fuel management can regulate and control them correctly.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:20 PM

Default Re: (viet)

i posted this in the FI form??? I can't even start a topic in the FI for, how the **** did I post this?

Umm...wrong person, thats WHY I posted here. READ my first post. I said that i didnt know how many post i needed to make a new topic in FI, but I can't ...thats WHY i posted here. quit crying about little stuff and try to help someone out. If you can't.....don't waste my time with your bs.

I seen a sell on the FI classified form where they are selling WB fuelpumps for like 75 plus shipping. thats really good, IMO...i might have to get one. I just want to get it up and runing, like i said...no track. just for daily driving....ill never go above 8psi, **** 6 with emanage is enough for me.

But if i get a FMU....I need to get (V) AFC {hack}or SAFC whatever the acronyms are.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:24 PM

whoa, i was always under the impression uberdata was extremely expensive.
you guys talk like im some ******* kid who just got his first car. ive had this body for like 4 yrs, swapped 3 different motors (all D) myself.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

murmur if you read what I've written I'm not being an ***. just because you are posting this in an eg forum doesn't mean that people who have posted do not know what they are talking about.

I am giving you my honest opinion. Whether you want this for track or just for a lil "UMPH" uberdata or hondata would be the best choices to go with. You were arguing cost of uberdata so I gave it to you.

If you just want to be narrowminded, then be that way. Yea you will be fine with a FMU and yea you will be fine with a greddy blue box but why spend all of that extra $$$ when you can have uberdata for like $50?

Well as soon as you have gained some appreciation of the people who have already given you info, let me know I'll be more than happy to help you with your questions on turboing ur car. Until then do more reading because I honestly dont think you know what the hell you are talking about yet.

BTW, since when did you need an FMU if you got a VAFC/SAFC?
Old 09-25-2004, 10:34 PM

Default Re: (B16Drag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16Drag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW, since when did you need an FMU if you got a VAFC/SAFC?</TD></TR></TABLE>
no no no , if i got a FMU, wouldnt i need a vafc or a safc? lol

about the wrong form...i wasnt talking to you...it was this <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1.B. Posting of topics relating to forced induction (N20, Turbo, SC) in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. We have an entire forum dedicated to forced induction.
Forced Induction Forum: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16

Modified by viet at 2:25 AM 9/26/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-25-2004, 10:34 PM

Ok, drunk guy that only read 1/20th of the post is here to skool you.
Why the HELL would u want to run an fmu? Run uberdata, itll run 1923723616 times better than an fmu, and it only cost a little more. If you wanna go budget, run 450cc blue tops with a resistor pack and tune it around that, BOOM, kick it up a nothc!
Old 09-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I said what I said because u said this...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murmur9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But if i get a FMU....I need to get (V) AFC {hack}or SAFC whatever the acronyms are. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: trubo question