Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!!

My transmission grinds when i go into second, only when im racing. If i am just cruising around town it doesnt do it. If i race i have to shift from first to second slowly (just until the RPMs drop a little) it wont do it, but if i shift fast when im racing and the RPMs are up then it grinds. What is going on?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!! (yoffer)

you my friend are going to need a new tranny soon. my bro had that prob on his gsr before, started with a bad grind into second then to the point where he couldnt even get it into second.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!! (DannisEG6)

Solution= no more racing

Someone said you are going to need a new tranny. Which is untrue. All you need to do is take off your tranny (its a bitch) and put a new 2nd gear syncro in and your set. If you dont want to do that, try using syncromesh but its not necessarily going to fix your problem.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!! (yoffer)

my 95 civic (d15b7) does that too only when im racing and into third but it still goes in and i know its bvad for the tranny but if u saw my car u would realize that is the least of my problems. my tranny also makes a winding sound when i let off the gas in a low gear. i need to replace mine too but gots no money.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!! (Boostedb20EH2)

hey man i got the same trans problem.. what can i do it grinds from 2 to 3 rd ......
Old 04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know... people always told me "Stickshifts break less and are cheaper to fix" and now that I converted over from auto to manual, I hear different!. My original automatic tranny NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR had a SINGLEEEE problem with 143,000 miles on it yet all these stickshift trannies are going bad left and right? I'm lost I actually feel bad for removing the auto Although stick is fun though.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know... people always told me "Stickshifts break less and are cheaper to fix" and now that I converted over from auto to manual, I hear different!. My original automatic tranny NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR had a SINGLEEEE problem with 143,000 miles on it yet all these stickshift trannies are going bad left and right? I'm lost I actually feel bad for removing the auto Although stick is fun though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's true, but not for what you're doing. A manual transmission is better for a normal car, but you're putting the abuse of racing on a transmission with a lot of mileage.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Transmission Problem! NEED HELP!! (potential)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by potential &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my 95 civic (d15b7) does that too only when im racing and into third but it still goes in and i know its bvad for the tranny but if u saw my car u would realize that is the least of my problems. my tranny also makes a winding sound when i let off the gas in a low gear. i need to replace mine too but gots no money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the sound your hearing while slowing is mainshaft bearings.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My transmission grinds when i go into second, only when im racing. If i am just cruising around town it doesnt do it. If i race i have to shift from first to second slowly (just until the RPMs drop a little) it wont do it, but if i shift fast when im racing and the RPMs are up then it grinds. What is going on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just replace the fluid in your tranny , go to honda , get some of thier new formula MTF , and make sure its full. dont put GM fluid in your car jesus. GM makes nothing but garbage cars , what makes you people that beleve in this stuff , think they make such an awsome fluid? cmon now.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly wonder... who decided to FIRST ever put GM fluid in a honda... The idea of me putting in a GM fluid in my honda would have never crossed my mind.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I honestly wonder... who decided to FIRST ever put GM fluid in a honda... The idea of me putting in a GM fluid in my honda would have never crossed my mind.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i put in that GM **** and it smells horrible, especially when it drips on the exhaust. It leaked from everywhere one my tranny. I've since gone back to Honda MTF and oh god, no more leaks. Plus it smells good!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DeadEnd9009)

so ive read , its also harmful to yellow metals.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blackKready)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackKready &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so ive read , its also harmful to yellow metals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im sure it does....something that smells as foul can't be good.