Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

transmission expert help with CRX internals into 93 Del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default transmission expert help with CRX internals into 93 Del Sol

Ok my buddy broke his shift fork in his del sol. We tore down the tranny and also noticed that the synchro in first is pretty much gone. He doesn't want to put much money into the car so I suggested he take the internals out of my CRX. At first we tried to use both gear shaft assemblies with the final drive gear and the shift fork setup from the CRX. Everything looked the same. Seems to shift on the bench. Only problem we ran into was the bearing that the snap ring goes into needed shimmed up about 1/16 inch for the snap ring to clip. After putting it back in the car found out the 2,4,R would stay in gear, kept popping out. Took the tranny back out and say that in wasn't quite clicking all the way. Figured maybe the shift fork assembly might be a hair off. We took the original assembly and replaced the broken fork (1st,2nd). Put it back together and noticed it was clicking the way it should going into every gear. Had some problems with reverse figured maybe in the car it would be ok. Put it back into the car and the shifter was really stiff side to side and reverse never worked. Now we did have the entire assembly apart and back together so hopefully we didn't mess anything up. after taking the tranny out 3 times today we decided to call it a day. Anybody know if this should even work it all looks the same. Or any ideas what the problem might be. Well be tearing everything apart again in the morning and going piece by piece with the manual to see if we missed anything.