Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic

Here is the situation. I'll be graduating college this june and plan on purchasing a car to replace my 95 accord. I was interested in beamers maybe 3 series or acura tl but i have been thinking lately ever since the new 06 civic pics i've seen in tov. It's really enticing with the new civic:i get lsd, at least 200hp, 4 piston brembo brakes and start off from scratch with a new car. on the other hand I really like the rear end of the 99 civic currently selling for around 10 grand. If i were to go old school i would obviously need to put in some money to bring it up to spec, like new engine, brake conversion and usual maintenance. I am really torn between these 2 car. also I might be going with automatic if i live in the city. what do u guys think if you had to decide?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic (govtec)

i personally am in kinda the same situation as you. If i were you, i would just save the money and wait till the new 06 civic Si comes out. I have a 98 civic ex myself and want to sell it to buy an eg hatchback and get a b18c5 swap but now i'd rather just wait and buy a brand new civic. less maintenance and already comes with 200hp, lsd and much more. but yea personally so far, i like the 96-00(6th gen) civic coupes the most
Old 03-01-2005, 07:28 PM

go with the 06 if you can afford it, i would love to trade me 93 swapped car(running 13s) for an 06 si
Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM

yea id say go with the 06' civic my cuz just got an 06' ex spec edition n its real nice and with the added power and handling of the 06' i would def go with that car over the 99
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definatly go with the 99 Civic simply because the 06 civic is unbelievably ugly. But thats just my opinion posted in a technical thread under the EG+ forum.

Tech wise, the 99 Civic Si is awesome and much easier to tune, because these newer motors are so computerized.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic (blackbmagic)

I am really not into the 06 design at all. I especially hate the fugly wings. if there is a way to convince honda to put the 99 rear on the new civic, that would be my ultimate ride. u guys don't know how much i've fallen in love with the 99 rear in black or blue.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
New User

Just get a Beamer and your set.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tokyo_X-treme_Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackbmagic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea id say go with the 06' civic my cuz just got an 06' ex spec edition n its real nice and with the added power and handling of the 06' i would def go with that car over the 99</TD></TR></TABLE>

the 06's arent out. you must mean an 05.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gass04ex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gass04ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the 06's arent out. you must mean an 05.</TD></TR></TABLE>

read the whole thread b4 u post. he's talking about the new civic concept. its basically gonna be a civic type r sold in america.

getting back on the topic, i personally have fallen for the new civic. everything that i want in my car already. plus it's gonna be brand new and i get to pick and choose what i want. for the '06
Old 03-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (kasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

read the whole thread b4 u post. he's talking about the new civic concept. its basically gonna be a civic type r sold in america.

getting back on the topic, i personally have fallen for the new civic. everything that i want in my car already. plus it's gonna be brand new and i get to pick and choose what i want. for the '06</TD></TR></TABLE>

get your facts straight. concept civic is the next SI not the TYPE R
Old 03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sleeperciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

get your facts straight. concept civic is the next SI not the TYPE R</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i meant when i said its "basically gonna be a civic type r"

didnt know that i had to spell out every little detail
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by govtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is the situation. I'll be graduating college this june and plan on purchasing a car to replace my 95 accord. I was interested in beamers maybe 3 series or acura tl but i have been thinking lately ever since the new 06 civic pics i've seen in tov. It's really enticing with the new civic:i get lsd, at least 200hp, 4 piston brembo brakes and start off from scratch with a new car. on the other hand I really like the rear end of the 99 civic currently selling for around 10 grand. If i were to go old school i would obviously need to put in some money to bring it up to spec, like new engine, brake conversion and usual maintenance. I am really torn between these 2 car. also I might be going with automatic if i live in the city. what do u guys think if you had to decide?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get your hopes up just yet. that is a concept not a production. so the lsd & brembo brakes are not set in stone. I don't remember any $15k-20k car especially a honda that comes with it in stock production.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

didnt know that i had to spell out every little detail </TD></TR></TABLE>

well you do know this is HT
Old 03-01-2005, 08:22 PM

I like the 99 body style. I doubt the 06 civic will come with 200hp and lsd . My gir traded in her 00' Si for an 04 Si and I liked the 00' alot better. It felt alot faster, although the interior is way nicer in the 04. Well I know that comparison prob. doesnt help you, but I would take a EM1 with mods over a new civic.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 PM
ICU
Honda-Tech Member

Sleeperciv, I know where 29 palms is, that's where I went to Comm school at, haha, good times. OOH RAH!

Anyway, I like the 99-00 Civic's body style a lot better than any other civic, IMO. Maybe thats just because I drive a 00 Civic, which makes me a little biased. There is a lot of aftermarket support for the EK's so if you are serious about tuning, here's your opportunity.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Aight i personally think the 06 civic is F-ugly. Just looks like a mini accord 2dr with an ugly *** A-pillar.

I am partial to EG / EK / DA / DC
Buy an EG or EK HB put in a B18c1 + turbo + header + exhaust + turbo timer + boost controller + new brakes / wheels and you are all set to decimate.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 PM
most hood white kid

didnt know that i had to spell out every little detail </TD></TR></TABLE>

no its basically a USDM RSX-S or the JDM ITR....look at the new CTR and then look at the new concept civic Si....they really look nothing alike. and the concept civic Si is a special edition, I don't think that the standard Si will come with brembo 4-piston brakes..not sure?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic (MaliciousTypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaliciousTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aight i personally think the 06 civic is F-ugly. Just looks like a mini accord 2dr with an ugly *** A-pillar.

I am partial to EG / EK / DA / DC
Buy an EG or EK HB put in a B18c1 + turbo + header + exhaust + turbo timer + boost controller + new brakes / wheels and you are all set to decimate.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you say header here....anyone who goes turbo know you have to have a turbo mani....I just didnt get why you put header here
Old 03-02-2005, 12:51 AM

that's odd. You're going from wanting a bmw, TL, or just getting a used 5 year old civic or getting an 06 civic?

You're all over the place. (I'm a car salesman). If a customer came up to me with the same situation I would think he's full of ****. No offense. Cmon though, think of what you really want and get it.

Not only that, there's a huge price difference between all of those that you stated. 99 civic probably 9k avg price. BMW 3 series and TL around 30k. 2006 CIVIC, probably 20k when it does come out. Considering all the work you have to do to get the 99Si to 06 spec as far as hp, braking, maintenance, etc...you're better off with the 2006. I don't even think you are even leaning a bit towards the TL or BMW.

So, just get the damn 2006 civic and that will be the end of that...

BTW there is a car out there with brembo brakes under 20k...actually two cars. The dodge Neon turbo, and the Nissan Sentra SE-R spec V. (But who cares...)

(Oh, plus you want an automatic???? Get the F&*K out of here...You're stuck with an EX!!)
Old 03-02-2005, 04:25 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by govtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also I might be going with automatic if i live in the city.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Then I guess you won't be getting a Civic Si, so you might as well keep looking at TLs and Bimmers . . .
Old 03-02-2005, 06:16 AM
most hood white kid

AT is for pussies who don't know how to drive...I live in the city as well and yeah it sucks to not have cruise or be stuck in traffic, but hell I still wouldn't own an AT. If you wan an AT, then you could get a 99 Si and replace it with an AT Ls tranny ot b20 tranny....but why on earth would anyone spend that extra money on a b16 and never be able to hit vtec?? and to the guy about the Sentra SE-R or Neon SRT-4....out of those 2..I would take the sentra...the neon may be turbo'd but it's still made by dodge
Old 03-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egcoupe94)

'06 stright up.
6sp pwnz j00
Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: (Djaric)

06 all the way
Old 03-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no its basically a USDM RSX-S or the JDM ITR....look at the new CTR and then look at the new concept civic Si....they really look nothing alike. and the concept civic Si is a special edition, I don't think that the standard Si will come with brembo 4-piston brakes..not sure?</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn. no one gets what i mean. its in no way, shape, or form an 05 type r. i know that. i'm simply saying that the specs are "type r like." (6spd, lsd, 200hp, etc). i know it's a civic si. i read about it in a magazine; sport compact car, i believe.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:50 PM

my fault; i was writing it for an easy way to do all motor and then decided it would be like a half page long so i turned it into the easiest way to get into turbo and be whoopin Si's like red headed step children.

If honda would just bring the DC5 ITR and the EP3 CTR over here instead of this weak sauce type-s and civic si everything would be kosher.

I still think that 06 Si is F-ugly...so if i bought a new car it would be a DC5.
Why would you even want an Si if you wanted AT. Tsk tsk tsk. Lazy ***.

Quick Reply: Torn between 99 civic and 06 civic