Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticket

ok i have a 98 civic dx with b16a2 and drag turbo kit. i live in socal. i was driving home after work last night, when all of a sudden i get pull over.the cop told me he pull me over for a loud exhaust. then he told me to pop my hood.so he gave a ticket for modified exhaust, and modified emmisions. he said i have to change my muffler and make a appoinment to the state ref. how much is the fine for these infractions.any knowlegde on this matter would be helpful.thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ticket (civicdx1)

Take off your turbo kit and BAR your motor (as long as its the 99-00 motor) and then fight the ticket. After that go put the kit back on. If you cant then might as well lube up and bend over, these tickets get pretty expensive.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: ticket (Luserkid)

California sucks!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah my motor is a 00.what do u mean by fight the ticket?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (gezzuzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">California sucks!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cali is the place to Be...
Old 01-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Take off your turbo kit and BAR your motor (as long as its the 99-00 motor) and then fight the ticket. After that go put the kit back on. If you cant then might as well lube up and bend over, these tickets get pretty expensive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear a lot of mixed things about the year of the motor having to match the car. From what ive personally seen, if the motor is a usdm motor (i.e. h22a1) it has to be the same year or newer then the car but if the motor is a jdm motor (i.e. h22a) it doesnt cause h22a's were made 92-00 but h22a1's were only made 92-96. Like i said this is just from what ive seen in my area, ive seen guys pass ref perfectly with there 92 b16a's in there 00 ek.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (Harryflores)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cali is the place to Be...</TD></TR></TABLE>

X's 2...got the finest females and the finest greens...what else can you ask for??
Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: ticket (Harryflores)

My cuz just pulled over because his aftermarket headlights don't have an amber housing on the turnsignal. I live in PA btw. Anyway, he tried to fight it by showing the magistrate and the cop that the headlights say DOT 3 on them, but I couldn't even comprehend his explaination of why the cop still gave him the ticket. Now he has to pay a 200 fine. It was stupid if you ask me though, i woulda just put the stock ones back on and been done with it.

Also last year i got pulled over while driving my car to get it inspected (2 minutes away) a day after my inspection was up. Reason for this is that i just got paid. Well i fought it by taking my appointment signed by an employee at pepboys but the cop and magistrate didn't give a ****. I still got the ticket.

My best advice is change it back, go show the cops and you will be off the hook.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (B18CivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

X's 2...got the finest females and the finest greens...what else can you ask for??</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean besides a lower auto theft rate and a better Real Estate market?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (CRacer21)

I live in PA and thank God I do. Plus in the anus of PA, no emissions in the whole county. But to the previous PA poster, yea the cops around PA are real **** retentive, especially about exterior lighting like that. Was it a state cop that pulled your buddy over? That's who always gives us problems here, the local cops aren't a problem at all. It's just the states.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ticket (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cali is the place to Be...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, if you want to get raped b/c of ur car by the popo.

Man they couldn't pull ANYTHING even REMOTELY close to that **** in NY .

Worst they could do is give you a "fix-it" ticket if they think ur exhaust is too loud. Only way to fix it is to show up at the barracks w/ a silencer within 48 hours and the ticket is revoked. Or pay the massive 80 dollar fine (or whatever it is).

EDIT:
PS: What are all the cops in Cali mechanics or something? How do they know what's stock and what's not. What's legal and what's not. Suppose you have aftermarket valve springs, do you have to show 'em the damn carb sticker on them too? Somehow I reckon it's a bit hard to get to. Seriously, how do they know what's stock and what's not? They just base everything on a carb sticker?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (Syndacate)

upppppppppppppppppp!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Expect a $538 ticket w/out corrections and a $456 ticket with corrections.

It's easier to avoid the ref and pay the fine.

I got the same ticket last year
Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, if you want to get raped b/c of ur car by the popo.

Man they couldn't pull ANYTHING even REMOTELY close to that **** in NY .

Worst they could do is give you a "fix-it" ticket if they think ur exhaust is too loud. Only way to fix it is to show up at the barracks w/ a silencer within 48 hours and the ticket is revoked. Or pay the massive 80 dollar fine (or whatever it is).

EDIT:
PS: What are all the cops in Cali mechanics or something? How do they know what's stock and what's not. What's legal and what's not. Suppose you have aftermarket valve springs, do you have to show 'em the damn carb sticker on them too? Somehow I reckon it's a bit hard to get to. Seriously, how do they know what's stock and what's not? They just base everything on a carb sticker?</TD></TR></TABLE>

they dont know whats internally inside unless they want to call a ref on site. they did that **** to one of my friends on a freeway. theyve started some sort of program for "tuner cars" because of all the swaps and stolen engines and whatnot. if they see as much as a shiny intake on your engine they write you up to go and see the ref. simple as that.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you'll have to do is basically go back to stock. If you have carb legal parts you can leave them on, usually they pass emissions so i think you'll be okay. Make your appointment with a ref after you've done the changes to your car. Once you pass (the scarest part) then you'll have to bring the paper work to the court office and show proff passed and pay a certain fee. Usually the fee is $10-$50. I myself have been in this situation and it sucks. I was at a street race (which at the time nobody was street racing, we were all parked and talking to each other) It was my first time at that street race so didn't know what to expect. Out of no where cops come from every damn angle with a helicopter. I get a ticket for a non carb intake. I had to pay a $372 fine though. My ticket was a fine so i couldn't do anything for it. I'm sure your ticket is a fix it ticket so aslong as you do what i mentioned then i'm sure you'll be fine bro. Good luck. O and if your running a chipped ecu plug back your stock one in.

Modified by bmoua at 3:20 PM 1/13/2007
Old 01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

i had a turbo kit ,i dont know if he knew what it was .but he told me to make an appt to the state ref,and that if the fine was 400 that i would have to pay 400.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: ticket (gezzuzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">California sucks!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the only thing I can offer to this thread as well. California is a beautiful place to live...but if you're looking for a stress-free area to modify your car...Cali does NOT seem to be like the place to do so.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PS: What are all the cops in Cali mechanics or something? How do they know what's stock and what's not. What's legal and what's not. Suppose you have aftermarket valve springs, do you have to show 'em the damn carb sticker on them too? Somehow I reckon it's a bit hard to get to. Seriously, how do they know what's stock and what's not? They just base everything on a carb sticker?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I have an old Import Tuner magazine from a few years ago and there was a feature about the California scene and the California Police Department. They(the cops) apparently have to sit in on seminars and training programs where they are actually taught by State Refs and Mechanics on what to look for under the hoods, and what parts are illegal and whatnot. Apparently most of those cops HAVE to know thier **** as far as modified cars go. Its insane.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (I Shot 50 Cent)

those fucken cops don't know ****.... i had one cop ask me if my car was a v6 while im lookin at the 4 spark plugs.... had one call my turbo a header and said my sprockets gave me 50hp.... i lmao... all they see is a Honda with a muffler and say @#*% it im gonna pull him over and pop his hood and send him to the ref if i see anything shinny under the hood.... they don't lose anything by sending who they want to the ref...... hell they sent a buddy of mine and all he had was a single cam with a auto zone intake!!!.... cop thought the car was beefed up... lol buddy took it off and no prob.... those pigs dont know **** they swear they do... man i've had them take pics of my turbo timmer, auto meter gauges, and popped my trunk to check if i had nos... i thought to my self man you need to stop watching the fast and the furious reruns...
Old 01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cop are suppose to have some kind of basic training in modified cars. There's also a special force called DRAGnet dealing with illegal street races. I got to say... they do know their stuff. These guys don't play! they'll check your engine vin and engine code to see if everything is A-O-K. Engine greese and oil covering your engine code? thats no problem.. they have brake cleaner on hand. then after u get your invitation to the state ref for everything that is possible they slap on window static cling that says DRAGnet "street racing kills" lol
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have learned to deal with this why? because there are consequences for everything if your gonna fully build your car and have a turbo or a all motor with itb's or even a bone stock b16 with a fuel pressure regulator, and you get pulled over your gonna sent to state ref if they pop your hood... so there a price to pay if you wanna be fast and daily drive your race car..... lol... i drive around in my k24/k20 eg and once i get my itb's they will hang out my hood and might give cops a reason to stop me but i don't care i just pay the fine and be on my merry way... down here in San Diego cops are ****** and hate on hondas.... one way to do it would be do a stealth set up i've seen some that look stock but have built internals... i mean it's not like they can check if your cams are toda's.... run stock exhaust with electronic cut out..... other wise if you cant deal with being harassed by drag net this might not be the right hobby for you....i love my hobby and drag net not gonna stop me... my car passed smog with flying colors... hehe..
Old 01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ticket (team1320_k24eg6)

any other advice on what to do???
Old 01-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah... git-er-done!!! lol..
Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ticket (96civb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

they dont know whats internally inside unless they want to call a ref on site. they did that **** to one of my friends on a freeway. theyve started some sort of program for "tuner cars" because of all the swaps and stolen engines and whatnot. if they see as much as a shiny intake on your engine they write you up to go and see the ref. simple as that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was talking about NY.

Notice I said paraphrased: They can't do anything like that in NY. Worst they could do is give you a fix-it ticket...etc. etc.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpkmrtoes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cop are suppose to have some kind of basic training in modified cars. There's also a special force called DRAGnet dealing with illegal street races. I got to say... they do know their stuff. These guys don't play! they'll check your engine vin and engine code to see if everything is A-O-K. Engine greese and oil covering your engine code? thats no problem.. they have brake cleaner on hand. then after u get your invitation to the state ref for everything that is possible they slap on window static cling that says DRAGnet "street racing kills" lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh boy that sucks, I would hate to live in Cali. I simply don't have the money to start changing things back to stock and making sure my car is in tip top economical (emissions) shape.

My old camaro would never have passed anything. 509ci bored from a 425ci motor in a '67 shell. No exhaust, just running dual hooker headers which were mendral bent out to the sides (under the front of the door).

I probably would have gotten harassed as hell if I lived in cali, but nobody bothered me up by where I live...

Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdx1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any other advice on what to do??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: ticket