Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The Thread to end the debate (if there ever was an?) over wheter a corner is a real or fake Vision

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Thread to end the debate (if there ever was any?) over wheter a corner is a real or fake Vision

I have purchased both, a set of real visions, and a set of fake visions. I am going to share with you the differences between the two to end all questions of people asking, "Are these corners real Visions, they are only $20 on Egay!?" Here are my results:

Can you tell which set is real???
The set in the back are the authentics.

The one on the left is real, right is fake...

How to tell based on rear outer housing:

The one on the left is real, right is fake.

How to tell if its real or not.
1. DEAD giveaway, grey back outer housing...its real. Chrome back outer housing...its fake.
2. Both real and fakes have chrome inner housing
3. Both have Vision logos and identical ID numbers.
4. Fakes had a "Made in Taiwan" sticker
5. Real Visions have a darker richer amber color. (Ones in pic are smoked)

I don't know if Vision made a nonsmoked amber corner, can anyone answer that.

Thanks,
Jake

[Modified by Chiller514, 8:48 PM 11/21/2002]
Old 11-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The Thread to end the debate (if there ever was any?) over wheter a corner is a real or fake Vis

Good job!
Old 11-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Thread to end the debate (if there ever was any?) over wheter a corner is a real or fake Vis

yes vision did make non smoked ones. that chrome outer housing is surely a dead giveaway. dam they made a near good copy. almost jdm approved.

[Modified by djhatch, 9:17 PM 11/21/2002]
Old 11-21-2002, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

now where is the cheapest place to buy vision amber corners
Old 11-21-2002, 12:22 PM

damn, you really helped me out. keep it up
Old 11-21-2002, 12:25 PM
New User

taiwanese did a good job, you have to compare them side-by-side to tell the difference. im bidding right now...
Old 11-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$20 corners work for me.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:33 PM

Well, you can get "Visions" almost anywhere. There are 4 pages full of fake visions alone, basically starting from $20. If you are asking the cheapest place to buy real Vision corners there is no such thing. There are just expensive places that can GUARANTEE that they are authentic, which is why the cost so much. I purchased mine from jhp.com. Other reliable places are il4.com and jdmpartz.com. I don't know for a fact that jdmpartz.com Visions are real but I have bought almost all of my JDM SiR parts from them and they are all authentic so I would assume theirs would be real. DO NOT BUY YOUR VISIONS FROM MODACAR.COM, THERES ARE FAKE. They advertise them as real, and they charge you a price to make you believe they are real, but they aren't. The customer service I got from them was horrid. I will never buy from modacar.com again.

-Jake
Old 11-21-2002, 12:35 PM

taiwanese did a good job, you have to compare them side-by-side to tell the difference. im bidding right now...
I don't think so, its real easy to tell the difference between authentic smoked lenses and the fake Amber lenses. Notice how dark and rich the real ones are in contrast to the fakes. Your call though, I only made this thread to show you guys the differences between the two.

-Jake
Old 11-21-2002, 01:31 PM
H-T Poker champion

Very good info to have.. I could tell right away which one was real and which was fake when they were side by side.. nice job!
Old 11-21-2002, 01:34 PM

I hate fake ****, to me, every thing i buy now i can get fake or real, and i am scared of getting scammed
Old 11-21-2002, 02:02 PM

Archive this
Old 11-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I could see about getting some real visions in a group buy but I need to check with a guy I know.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:39 PM

nice
Old 11-21-2002, 02:39 PM

Good thread.

Don't they make fake smoked corners now? I thought they did.
I have the real ones but my driver side one leaks!!!!!!! When it rains, the corner fills up with water. It pisses me off. I think mine was defective. The lense looks like it was not properly glued or sealed to the housing, as it is off center from the housing.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

It would be messed up if you made this thread and both corner lights ended up being fake. Isn't the easiest way to tell whether they are authentic the actual deep amber color and almost rounded look to the corner lights. I have seen authentic Vision corners before, but paid much attention lately to the fakes or corners in general.

Good thread, so long as both produce the same result and look, I probably wouldn't care either way.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They look almost the same, i think if the fakes had the smoke tint to them they would be harder to tell aprt when they are on the car and you cant really see the chrome or gray parts!

I really wouldnt mind the fake, leaves me more money to spend on my MOTOR!!
Old 11-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not all fakes have chrome outers, either. my fakes look just like the real ones in that bottom pic of yours... but the other lens doesn't say Vision. tricky tricky tricky! but then again, who cares?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Trial User

sorry sir, you are wrong, to an extend.

near the end of their production days the REAL VISION ambers were made in taiwan; i got the last batch which had those stamps on there. this is how it was when i picked them up from sp000m sporkz:

better pics:

moot point now anyways cuz no one else can get it now, we are all left with knockoffs
Old 11-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not really all that big a deal for some plastic cornerlamps that are for looks anyway. u got real u got fake who cares they all look good.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

leo owns
Old 11-21-2002, 06:48 PM

Ya but Leo, yours still have the grey outer housing. Its not bad that anyone has real or fakes, I just made this to try to show the differences to clear up and confusion. Props to Leo

-Jake
Old 11-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about the Amber Corners? My friend has a set of Amber Vision Corners. However his housing is chrome, not black. Fake? or Real?
Old 11-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorta off the topic, But are the clear "Visions" only made by Vision or are there knock-offs of those as well??

Quick Reply: The Thread to end the debate (if there ever was an?) over wheter a corner is a real or fake Vision