Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tein S Techs on backorder forever, suspension question '00 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein S Techs on backorder forever, suspension question '00 Civic

Okay, so I know there are a million suspension threads out there. But I've read them all and am looking for some opinions from people who have personal experience with these parts and applications.

The Tein S Techs are apparently on backorder forever. I know they're all over ebay but have heard that a percentage of them are counterfeit parts and I don't really like the thought of playing a guessing game and hoping I get parts that aren't junk.

Basically, I'm going to be putting whatever springs I get on my stock struts for a little while, and when they're ruined I'm gonna either go with AGXs or Tokiko Illuminas, not sure yet but I'll decide when the time comes.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Teins but I know they're what I want - not an insanely rough ride and just enough drop (about 1.9" fr and 1.7" r). And I know they won't ruin my stock struts IMMEDIATELY.

My options then, since I can't go with the Teins, have pretty much been narrowed down to Eibach Sportlines, H&R, and Skunk2. But I don't really know what's gonna be best to be riding on stock struts for a little while. I know the Skunk2s have a lower drop, a super stiff ride and will probably ruin my struts immediately, but I haven't been able to find any info on running the H&Rs or the Eibachs on stock struts. The Eibach supposedly lower 1.8" all around, which is fine, and the H&Rs are listed at 1.5-1.8".

Does anyone have any experience on running the sportlines on stock struts? Also, is the listed drop correct in your experience?

Same question goes for the H&R because 1.5" isn't quite low enough so I'm hoping it's closer to the 1.8".

Any input would be appreciated Also if you're gonna tell me to just get coilovers, please don't bother
Old 04-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Tein S Techs on backorder forever, suspension question '00 Civic

Had H&R sport springs on my first came and they were smooth. Not slammed that is for sure, but a good spring. Eibach's or the H&R's like you mentioned would be my choice otherwise Ground control/Koni which uses Eibach springs and Progress suspension are both highly regarded here on H.T.

Pretty sure Koni has a sport style shock as well. Those combined with sport springs would be a good upgrade.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Eibach's or the H&R's like you mentioned would be my choice otherwise Ground control/Koni which uses Eibach springs and Progress suspension are both highly regarded here on H.T.
You mean the coil sleeves? I haven't done a ton of research on them but I've had several people tell me not to bother with sleeves
Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also I've been researching Tanabe, seems to be a more even drop but I haven't heard much about the ride quality/longevity of the springs and there's not much out there for reviews
Old 04-17-2015, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've used all 3 you've mentioned. I think the H&R or Sportlines would work for what you'd want. The Skunks would be a little too aggressive with a higher spring rate and lower drop. I'm assuming you're going for looks so the Sportlines would be slightly lower than the H&R. +1 on Whitelines as being a good spring as well. +1 on Koni shocks. I would opted for Koni STRT with H&R springs and ITR swaybars are for a good DD set up.

Last edited by SHO-NUFF; 04-17-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just ordered the Sportlines. Thanks for the help! Now to play the waiting game until they come in