Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback

I would like to get some input from anyone who has/had Tein Basics on their car. I found some for a very, very good price, and am going to go ahead with the deal, mainly because my strut's now are mostly blown and ****.

However, I would like to hear from others. How did they perform, any quarks I might need to know about, any issues at all. Good input is welcome too.

Ride 'feel' is not an issue, I don't need my kidneys. And no, I can't afford RAs, or SS's, or anything more, I can barely afford these, so please refrain from suggestions of upgrades or saving up.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 02-12-2004, 02:49 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback (Goullish)

bump

i would like to know as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:23 AM

Up.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:26 AM

if you are dead-set on the deal, then why are you asking our opinions?
Old 02-12-2004, 05:41 AM

Default Re: (Damon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Damon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are dead-set on the deal, then why are you asking our opinions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not opinions so much as more reactions to owning them. I would basically like to know what to expect when they go on the car, especially if they have any wierd or unknown quarks to them.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Goullish)

Hiya Goullish,

I recently bought some Tein Basic myself for my 92 hatchback. I obviously took Integra springs rates(448/336), 92-95's rates being ridiculously low (392/168).

Tein gave 90-93 integra 504/280, 88-91 Civic a 448/224 and fucked this up with 392/168 on 5th gen. I asked em what was up with this, but got no answers yet.

I strongly suggest you get em, they're very nicely built. My friend rode them SS (same as basic, juste w/ 0-16 damping adjustment) the entire last summer and was very impressed (he used to run H&R Race/AGX).

As for personnal feedback, i can't give it yet, since there's still a few meters of snow outside . I can't wait to try them out w/ azenis and ITR r/swaybar !

Go for it

If you have any further question, feel free to ask.

Pat
Old 02-12-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Re: (STN_Pat)

Thanks Pat. That was more information in one post than I was able to find in all of my searches. I especially appreciate the spring rate mentions, I've been looking everywhere for those.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:33 AM

I don't have the basic, but I do have the SS... I know that's not what you're looking for, but I'm mainly just posting to say that it's a quality product that I haven't had any problems with I heard somewhere also that you could just get whatever spring rates you want and then later go buy the rear springs to make the rates more "normal"... as it is it will be more comfortable, but will still perform. If you get the EG ones though and then buy a rear spring w/ a higher rate it will even out, less comfort, but better handling characteristics
Old 02-12-2004, 07:51 AM
New User

Default Re: (STN_Pat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STN_Pat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I recently bought some Tein Basic myself for my 92 hatchback. I obviously took Integra springs rates(448/336), 92-95's rates being ridiculously low (392/168).

Tein gave 90-93 integra 504/280, 88-91 Civic a 448/224 and fucked this up with 392/168 on 5th gen. I asked em what was up with this, but got no answers yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had soem Tein Basics in my DA Integra (504/280) and some in my old EK hatchback w/H22A swap (448/224). We were going to get some for our EG hatch (H22A also) but since that's all caged up with full ITR suspension setup, we're going with SS or HA's since it's a track car. But point being.... the DA setup rides rough, especially for a daily driver. But you can tell if you had the car at the track, it would perform great. The EK hatch (similar rates to the DC Integra), rode very smooth and firm. I drove 500 mile trips on the suspension and a lot around time and it's very smooth, yet firm. You hit a bump with the EK setup and the shocks do their thing and the car doesn't have any problems with bottoming out (like a softer coilover setup and cheap/stock shock.... no bouncing). With the DA setup, you hit a bump and you feel it since the whole shock/spring setup is very tight. But if you want the car to be a race car, it's a good setup but for daily driving, you feel every little bump (which is why I put Tokico's & GC's onto the car after awhile..... left the Tein's on the EK, even when we sold it).

If you're not wanting a full race setup for adjustability, and want something good for the street and that occasional track use, the Tein Basic coilovers get a
Old 02-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Future Texas Boy

Spend a few bucks more and at least get the SS. Or just get Koni`s N GC`s, they`ll beat either Tein unit.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:07 AM
New User

Default Re: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spend a few bucks more and at least get the SS. Or just get Koni`s N GC`s</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's only beause GC's use the Eibach springs
Old 02-12-2004, 08:57 AM

i use the SS and i love em... I used to run Ground Contol with Tockico 5 ways.. The SS rides sooo much better. The basic dampener will prolly be the same feel but w/o the 16way adjustability in the shock. I rode in a car that had tein S-tech springs, and those are nice too... So i figure anything tein makes will be of hte same quality
Old 02-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Goullish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Goullish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks Pat. That was more information in one post than I was able to find in all of my searches. I especially appreciate the spring rate mentions, I've been looking everywhere for those. </TD></TR></TABLE>

NP buddy. I wish I could give you a -real- feedback from a test drive, but this won't be until early april

I say it again, in my opinion, 5th gen rate are waaaaay too soft. But that's me I race the car under 10 times / summer.

Pat
Old 02-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback (Newman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's only beause GC's use the Eibach springs </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly....best springs in the world...hands down.

I wouldn't pay over 300 bucks for a brand new set of Tein Basics.....if that.

All you get is slightly higher spring rates and non adjustable shocks....OH yeah, they're green

I say no....but it's not my car. I'd spend less and get better
Old 02-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback (Emerika)

GC + Koni cost more then my Tein Basic here in Quebec, Canada. I could had GC and AGX for almost the same price as i paid my Tein, but i wanted rebuildable shock. This is the main reason. I totally trust and know how a GC and a Koni will work, a few friend drive em, but still, they haven't been basically created to be with each other and i prefer my basic over them.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Newman)

i have a 93 sol si, most of the time its daily driven, but i run hard once in a while on turns. which tein basic spring rates would be best for daily driven but still feel great on turns?
Old 02-12-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spend a few bucks more and at least get the SS. Or just get Koni`s N GC`s, they`ll beat either Tein unit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.... Read please.

Yeah, I agree with Pat, the main reason I wanted to go with this deal is that, a.) it is cheaper than the ****** GCs-and-whatever that everyone drools over, b.) they are referbishable, c.) they are made to be together.

Is there anyone who has some experience driving with them?
Old 02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Boba Connoisseur

You should know better to give him a thumbs down.

You're the one buying **** suspension.

I love my Konis and GCs. I don't drool over ****, especially not my suspension. It's the best bang for the buck available. As for not going together, you don't have any clue as to what you're talking about. Referbishable? Dumbfuck, you can do anything you want to Konis, double-adjustable conversion, shortening, revalving, whatever.

Sucks for you. Get your head out of your JDM worshipping *******.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Solbros Owns Me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Goullish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks.... Read please.

Yeah, I agree with Pat, the main reason I wanted to go with this deal is that, a.) it is cheaper than the ****** GCs-and-whatever that everyone drools over, b.) they are referbishable, c.) they are made to be together.

Is there anyone who has some experience driving with them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf is your problem. SOmeone's offering you great advice and turn it away like you're too good for that.

Koni and GC's not going together???wtf are you smoking. You pick your spring rates and stock Yellows can handle up to about 500-550 lbs rates without needing revalved. And you adjust the damper to your liking.

Can your green shocks be adjustable? no

Yellows can be shortened and revalved and will blow the turd out of Tein dampers
Old 02-12-2004, 02:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wtf is your problem. SOmeone's offering you great advice and turn it away like you're too good for that.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't have a problem, he obviously didn't fully read the initial post, where it said I couldn't afford SS's, or HA's, or whatever letter combo they have now.

I also can't afford a GC&Koni combo, so while you may be right about all your shortening, and huge spring rates, It really doesn't matter. Because That's not what I'm asking about. And if all you want to do is tell other people how much better your setup is then whatever they happen to be getting, then you are just wasting my time. Thank you.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Boba Connoisseur

**** dude, don't cry. You got all the feedback you wanted.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Solbros Owns Me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Goullish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't have a problem, he obviously didn't fully read the initial post, where it said I couldn't afford SS's, or HA's, or whatever letter combo they have now.

I also can't afford a GC&Koni combo, so while you may be right about all your shortening, and huge spring rates, It really doesn't matter. Because That's not what I'm asking about. And if all you want to do is tell other people how much better your setup is then whatever they happen to be getting, then you are just wasting my time. Thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

we're not wasting your time....but we're not gona let you waste money when for a little more, you could have a MUCH better setup with limitless possibilities.

Sorry we're looking out for you
Old 02-12-2004, 03:00 PM

Ok, let's just leave it at that. It's not worth getting in a pissing match over.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Solbros Owns Me

we're not in a pissing match....we're telling you that you can get a better and interchangeable setup for pennies more
Old 02-12-2004, 03:06 PM

Ok, then I would like to ask your help.

Define Pennies more, please.

Quick Reply: Tein Basics on a EG/Del Sol - Need Feedback