Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Taking Away ABS Need Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking Away ABS Need Information

The abs needs to go. I was curious if i need any special parts besides the proportion valves ( Y looking splitter ? ) I don't think i need to change the brake Master cylinder it looks the same to me and to what i know its stronger then the non abs master cylinder. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what year car?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: (Vero)

1992 civic ex
Old 04-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xBoosted4drx)

now r u removing it or just disabling it? if u r disabling it, remove the fuse and that is it

one of the differences in master cylinders was the brake line ports on the cylinder.. they are different places/ angles. i was given an ABS part on my 95 civic coupe and it would not work, it bolted up, but not the lines going to it, since i did not have ABS

I dont know if all civic ex's with ABS had rear disk brakes, but the only ones i have seen did. so that would prob mean a diff proportioning valve, master cylinder, rear brakes obviously, and "maybee" brake lines as well..

hopefully someone else can confirm this as well or tell me what i missed
Old 04-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KGsITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KGsITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now r u removing it or just disabling it? if u r disabling it, remove the fuse and that is it

one of the differences in master cylinders was the brake line ports on the cylinder.. they are different places/ angles. i was given an ABS part on my 95 civic coupe and it would not work, it bolted up, but not the lines going to it, since i did not have ABS

I dont know if all civic ex's with ABS had rear disk brakes, but the only ones i have seen did. so that would prob mean a diff proportioning valve, master cylinder, rear brakes obviously, and "maybee" brake lines as well..

hopefully someone else can confirm this as well or tell me what i missed</TD></TR></TABLE>

not all civics have disc brakes and ABS. I got a 96 ex with abs and rear drums
Old 04-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: (KGsITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KGsITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now r u removing it or just disabling it? if u r disabling it, remove the fuse and that is it

hopefully someone else can confirm this as well or tell me what i missed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Verso is correct on that issue. **** even the 01 EX has rear drum, lol. The problem with the hard lines is as simply hard (I know) as bending hard line. Or **** hook up some SS braided lines in exchange. Anything can be done. BTW if your getting rid of ABS remove the components and the ABS indicator light. Happy Tuning!!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

personaly, I think it might be easier finding rear discs off an ABS intregra - at least I might try doing that when I go rear discs
Old 04-30-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: (Vero)

Just out of curiousity why do you want to remove the ABS?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: (xBoosted4drx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xBoosted4drx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1992 civic ex
</TD></TR></TABLE>

92 EX? Is it a factory ABS kit? Also, does yours have rear disk brakes?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the help. I Am taking it out just for the fact that all of the sensors are shot ABS is no longer working. I am painting the engine bay for a swap and that ABS lines/control box was way to much clutter for me.

I am going to buy all new brake lines and bend them myself i just need to get some sort of Y splitter that runs from master cylinder to front and rear. there is 2 of those on any car that does not have the abs control box.. any help on that note thanks